1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Interesting Find     submit to reddit submit to twitter

An Interesting Find

I don't know if this has been mention before and if I'm repeating olde news I apologize.

With that said recently I was going on the Square Enix Account Management website and I randomly clicked on the " Information on Automatically Continuous Options" button. That was where I was reading about what was going on when I noticed the following.

Code:
    Automatically Continuous Option Types
                 You can tell the option type by looking at the icon in front of the character name.

Character (if no character has been created yet: instead of the character's name, "Character" will be displayed)   
     Retainer  (displayed as "Retainer" at first)
    It appears their intention for the Market Wards is to force everyone to pay for these extra retainers so that we could have one in each Ward in order to be able to work properly with their item search feature in the future. I really do hope that I am wrong and that they add features to allow multiple ward searching or other Auction House reminiscent things.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is the "interesting find" that they have been openly planning on offering additional retainers at $1/mo a pop for a long time now? :3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

olde

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Is the "interesting find" that they have been openly planning on offering additional retainers at $1/mo a pop for a long time now? :3
    Well that would make sense probably holding off on releasing paid retainers to avoid people complaining about this as an issue. Was just thinking outloud I guess, again my apologies dead thread/ lock/ w/e this please :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i think their ideia is not one for each ward instead one for each city, at least im gonna do it if they keep this system and have an all wards search.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The search system already works as an AH except you don't know if a specific item is actually on sale in other wards.
    Once an item is added into its specific ward it's recorded forever just like the old AH and you can check if it's up in that specific ward by looking at the number or manually search in the wrong wards. There's really no need for multiple retainers because if an item gets recorded in the right ward once, and you put your retainer in the wrong one with that specific item, people can still find you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The search system already works as an AH except you don't know if a specific item is actually on sale in other wards.
    Once an item is added into its specific ward it's recorded forever just like the old AH and you can check if it's up in that specific ward by looking at the number or manually search in the wrong wards. There's really no need for multiple retainers because if an item gets recorded in the right ward once, and you put your retainer in the wrong one with that specific item, people can still find you.
    actually they can only if they port to all wards to search for it, the ideal system for me would say in which ward the item is located or say which retainer has it along with his ward position or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    actually they can only if they port to all wards to search for it, the ideal system for me would say in which ward the item is located or say which retainer has it along with his ward position or something like that.
    The ideal system for me, would be searching for an item and having your retainer go buy it for you since you can give them gil.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Well that would make sense probably holding off on releasing paid retainers to avoid people complaining about this as an issue.
    Or because the game is free-to-pay right now.. Not paying for the sub but paying for the extra retainers would seem odd.. like a cash shop :D. It seems to have worked for our advantage in this case since we got an additional retainer for free though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    The ideal system for me, would be searching for an item and having your retainer go buy it for you since you can give them gil.
    that makes no sense, just make an AH.. i wish they will never show the item prices, just where they are. I hated how the ffxi AH worked, you just had to undercut all the time to sell anything.

this system will work because patient ppl will look through several retainers with the item they want and get the one the cost less (they have to work for it) but most of the ppl will just pay the first one they think its fair. Its a much better system imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That's exactly what I said lol, they have to search for it in other wards.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Not all items show up on the search, which is annoying. I tried to put drake collars on the search but despite putting them in the correct ward they wouldn't show up.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Not all items show up on the search, which is annoying. I tried to put drake collars on the search but despite putting them in the correct ward they wouldn't show up.
    takes about 5-10min before items put in a ward showup on search, they do however disappear instantly when bought out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    they do however disappear instantly when bought out.
    How are there items listed that have "0" quantity?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Means someone beat you to the item and bought all there was of it. If a ward has been reset recently and that retainer was put up right after, there's a delay.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Every time I search the Battlecraft Ward for Pugilist weapons since the search was implemented, I get a list of every single hand-to-hand weapon in the game except for Toadskin Cesti and most of them are almost always "0." I'm confused at how that implies that someone "beat me to it" as well as I don't understand how an item ever "disappears immediately when bought out." I had read that once an item was placed in a bazaar, in the appropriate ward, it came up on searches for everyone permanently. In fact, I've checked a number of wards for the first time and a vast majority of the items listed were all 0s. With wards obviously crashing here and there, I've never once seen a search list have less items than before.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

An item once posted stays in the "search fields" (could say like soorta cache system) till server resets. Doesn't mean someone sold it recently or whatever. You could say its sort of like a reminder like "Hey someone can actually make this and is selling it on your server" type thing I guess.

Like tarred leather trousers (blue) was never posted in the wards on my server, i put it on bazaar posted it.. within 5-10min it showed on search. Once it sells the 1 goes to a 0, and has stayed that way till i once again post items on my retainer to sell the tarred blue pants again.

Also I'm apparently the only seller of tarred trousers on my server as I've not seen any other color sell in the same ward.. only blue (which I presume I am the only seller of it) I check the ward daily so...!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Does the item actually need to be searched for while it exists in a bazaar to ever appear on the lists?

Say, Princess Pudding was never on the Sweets list in the Grocers Ward... I put one up for sale in my retainer's bazaar, in the Grocers Ward, and then wait 10 minutes and take it down. Will it show up on searches from then on, or would I have to pull up the Sweets list while it's on bazaar first?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Once it exist in the wards it will exist on the list forever after that 5-10min delay to register. Like how FFXI AH works. Once listed it remains on the list. The 0 just indicates that no wards are carrying the item currently.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's how I thought it was, but there appear to be some conflicting reports...?