Closed Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Noooo the Hitch That makes me so sad, he was such a huge inspiration in my life, in fact watching him cream the shit out of -everyone- in debates is what got me interested in politics/history in the first place. I'm glad I got to meet him and shake his hand when he last came down to Sydney.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo View Post
    Noooo the Hitch That makes me so sad, he was such a huge inspiration in my life, in fact watching him cream the shit out of -everyone- in debates is what got me interested in politics/history in the first place. I'm glad I got to meet him and shake his hand when he last came down to Sydney.
    Nice, I missed him the last time he spoke publicly in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Nice, I missed him the last time he spoke publicly in NYC.
    Yeah you missed out, he seems to make it a point to talk to any of his fans meaningfully. I'm going to sound kind of fanboyish but whatever. He asked where I was from (I was the only non-caucasion there hah) and he ended up spending about 10minutes telling me a whole bunch of history about my own native country that I had no idea about. Although I'm 2nd generation so that's not really saying much I suppose. Then he linked it all back to work George Orwell did (specifically to my native country, not generic 1984 stuff) as well stuff Henry Kissenger did (had no freaking idea he indirectly caused a bunch of crap my parents had to deal with in the 70s). I had to go then as their were other people who wanted to talk to him, and as I was walking away with my mind blown, he stopped me to shake my hand, which simultaneously embarrassed and honored me.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

As much as i hate religion, Hitchens actually made me see how an atheist can be just as vile as a theist:

[On the use of cluster bombs by the US in Afghanistan] If you're actually certain that you're hitting only a concentration of enemy troops...then it's pretty good because those steel pellets will go straight through somebody and out the other side and through somebody else. And if they're bearing a Koran over their heart, it'll go straight through that, too. So they won't be able to say, "Ah, I was bearing a Koran over my heart and guess what, the missile stopped halfway through." No way, 'cause it'll go straight through that as well. They'll be dead, in other words.
    However, i wouldn't have wished death on him, and it's a shame the same can't be said of his conduct.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Kim jon Il dead. get ready for WW3

http://factionalcogitation.files.wor..._america_2.jpg

in b4 someone makes a thread about it.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

beat me to it

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

in b4 said thread turns into bad America and Muslims.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lived 3x longer than the average NK male. I wonder why.

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36