Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    1-6, with the only win coming last year against PAINTER in the second half. Simmons kinda swayed my mind about this game - pats/jets steelers/ravens divisional round almost seems like destiny.
    YOU'RE GETTING PATS COLTS AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    YOU'RE GETTING PATS COLTS AND YOU'LL LIKE IT
    Not til AFC championship if it happens ^_^ 3rd seed can't play a 1st seed in the 2nd round ;D Props to the chiefs for getting ass-raped by the raiders. Do me another favor and beat the ravens while the colts beat the jets so I can get u for divisional round

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

serious question? You could rape receivers running routes in the 80s with no penalties. After the "patriot rule" was made following the( again mid 2000s I think 2004 or 05) season, you can only touch a receiver in the first 5 yards of his route.
    Contact with receivers past 5 yards has been illegal since 1978. The rule was "strengthened" in 1996.

The NFL continued a trend toward opening up the game. Rules changes permitted a defender to maintain contact with a receiver within five yards of the line of scrimmage, but restricted contact beyond that point.

The five-yard contact rule will be enforced more stringently.
    There were no rules changes regarding receiver contact since Brady and Manning have been in the league.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Not til AFC championship if it happens ^_^ 3rd seed can't play a 1st seed in the 2nd round ;D Props to the chiefs for getting ass-raped by the raiders. Do me another favor and beat the ravens while the colts beat the jets so I can get u for divisional round
    Hope for all the scenarios you want, YOU WILL HAVE SOME MANNINGFACE

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Contact with receivers past 5 yards has been illegal since 1978. The rule was "strengthened" in 1996.
    There were no rules changes regarding receiver contact since Brady and Manning have been in the league.
    you...don't see a difference between 1970, 1985, 2002, and 2010 football in regards to how receivers run routes and are protected? joke?

BG Level

you...don't see a difference between 1970, 1985, 2002, and 2010 football in regards to how receivers run routes and are protected? joke?
    You claimed there is a new rule called "The Patriot Rule" or some shit. There isn't.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

You claimed there is a new rule called "The Patriot Rule" or some shit. There isn't.
    Always thought the patriot rule, was the tuck rule.

*shrug*

BG Level

He's talking about a new emphasis from 2004-on regarding a rule that's been on the books since 1978, 3 seasons of those 7 in which Rodgers played.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

There was some modification done to the rule after the Super Bowl between the Patriots and Panthers, as there were complaints about the officiating in both the Patriots playoff games and also the way the Panthers DB's manhandled the Eagles receivers in that NFC Championship Game as well.

IM NOT BITTER

Demosthenes11

short memories? I'll look it up more when I have time, but there was def an altering to how defenses can touch offenses in the middle of this decade because of the patriots. It came shortly after the colts-pats afc title game in foxboro however many years ago that was lightly snowing and manning had all those ints.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

not to mention no one ever seems to remember that a few players on that panthers team got busted for steroids during that following offseason

IM STILL NOT BITTER

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

short memories? I'll look it up more when I have time, but there was def an altering to how defenses can touch offenses in the middle of this decade because of the patriots. It came shortly after the colts-pats afc title game in foxboro however many years ago that was lightly snowing and manning had all those ints.
    i got you

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    not to mention no one ever seems to remember that a few players on that panthers team got busted for steroids during that following offseason

IM STILL NOT BITTER
    http://thegooley.com/image/thumb/250-250/1003580.jpg

god the press conference with him after that game was hilarious

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

BG Level

Manning's best season was 2004, after the re-emphasis on those rules. His rating was 121.1 for that season.

Tom Brady's best season was 2004, 3 years after the re-emphasis on those rules. His rating was 117.2.

How is neither QB benefiting from the rule change to put up high marks again?

Demosthenes11

Manning's best season was 2004, after the re-emphasis on those rules. His rating was 121.1 for that season.

Tom Brady's best season was 2004, 3 years after the re-emphasis on those rules. His rating was 117.2.

How is neither QB benefiting from the rule change to put up high marks again?
    are you really going to argue throwing the ball is then was not more difficult? cmon man

BG Level

are you really going to argue throwing the ball is just as easy now as it was then? cmon man
    Between 2004 and now? 2007 and now?

What's changed since then? Tell me. You said yourself the most recent re-emphasis on receiver contact was before the 2004 season.

BG Level

inb4 "it's just different now man"

Demosthenes11

Between 2004 and now? 2007 and now?

What's changed since then? Tell me.
    nothing has changed, but passer ratings are retarded high by so many qbs today because the rules are a lot more lax today than they were in 2002, or 1985

BG Level

nothing has changed, but passer ratings are retarded high by so many qbs today because the rules are a lot more lax today than they were in 2002, or 1985
    Brady and Manning played in 1985?

Man you're backpedaling on this one unbelievably fast.

And the rules for receiver contact were the same, the enforcement differed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast