• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Windows 7 BSOD STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Basically trying to get some opinions on whats wrong, maybe someone else has had this problem?

Every once and awhile i get this BSOD with the codes mentioned in title. I believe them to be overheating, video card, or RAM issues. I'm not completely familiar with debugging RAM but I ran memtest and got 4 errors (see below for image). I have 2 - 2GB chips, and running each individually gives the same error. So this lead me to looking at how the timings are set (AUTO in BIOS because I'm not familiar with setting them myself). See image below.

The SPD tab shows what the RAM should be 5-5-5-15, but the memory tab shows what its actually set at 5-7-7-24. Would this be enough to cause memtest to error and my BSOD?

images

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

solution

Cause
    This error occurs during the installation of XP, when an incorrect memory address is used by any driver. Apart from this, the other cause may be due to a general hardware issue, an incompatible device driver or incompatible software.
    Resolution
    For troubleshooting this error, the first step should be to try resolving it by using the Windows Error Reporting Tool. This error reporting tool appears automatically whenever any error occurs in Windows. It sends the error report to Microsoft and reverts back with the appropriate solution.
    or you can try this