Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh my

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://kotaku.com/5910721/saints-row...up-on-linkedin
    With THQ recently dropping its delightful yet unprofitable kids' games in favor of working on games that actually make money, it's only a matter of time before the developer's best-selling franchise gets a third sequel. Time and the work of Saints Row 4 lead prop and weapon artist David Payne.

According to a Linkedin profile discovered by Superannuation, David "3DS Max" Payne has been doing art of the Saints Row series since the second game, including the recent smash hit Saints Row 3 and it's upcoming standalone expansion, Enter the Dominatrix. So whatever this Saints Row 4 he lists as a current project on his profile is, it's a new thing.

Two items to take from this listing: Payne lists Saints Row 4 for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC, indicating this is a game aimed at the current generation of consoles. Second, it is highly likely that, at some point, Payne has been involved in the creation of a virtual dildo.

Late last year THQ producer Danny Bilson mentioned to X-Play that preliminary work was underway on the next game in the series.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Apologize for the sort of necro, but relevant news for Saints Row 4 news has came out since E3, but hasn't been updated.

Jason Rubin took over as president of THQ and said that from (Volition) they can make something that isn't embarrassing. He's later followed up on it somewhat recanting and saying he isn't embarrassed of Volition or Saints Row 3 (although I'm not really sure what he means otherwise), relevant news in this Verge article:

Saints Row the Third sold more than four million copies when it was released last fall to mostly positive reviews. But Jason Rubin, the recently appointed president of THQ, says he expects more from the developers who made it and the company that released it.

More from Volition and THQ not because Saints Row the Third didn't sell, or didn't garner positive reviews, but more because he knows both can do better.

"Why couldn't that be a Red Dead Redemption or a Skyrim?" he said. "I look at that title and I say, ‘Who cares what it is and why it got to be what it is? From that team we can make something that isn't embarrassing."

Ed's note: To be clear, Rubin isn't saying that he's embarrassed of the game or that he's not a fan of Saints Row or proud of Volition. What he's saying is that he hopes that despite my feelings, that the team can impress me in the future. I followed up with Rubin after this interview ran and he reiterated that, adding that he both loved Saints Row the Third and that he thinks the team is capable of more.

"Those two things are not mutually exclusive," he said.

Rubin, just seven days into his tenure at the beleaguered publisher and developer, says this in response to a very direct question during a surprisingly candid interview. The interview is his last of the week before rushing from E3 and Los Angeles to New York where he will kick off a series of in-person meetings with the people that make up the studios of THQ. They are meetings Rubin is holding to convince people not to jump ship, to give him and to give THQ more time to make things, in his words, "good for them."

It's about half way through our interview, one in which Rubin talks bluntly about past mistakes of THQ, of the problems he foresees for the company, of the challenges he and THQ face, that I broach the subject of Saints Row the Third.

I haven't played the game, I confess to Rubin, because I wouldn't want to be caught playing it by my wife or my son. It would be embarrassing.

While most reviews for the game were positive, Edge Magazine seems to have felt the same way when they gave the game a relatively low score in their review, calling the title a "fratboyish endorsement of crime and female degradation, devoid of any conscience or commentary."

Saints Row the Third isn't a bad game, but it's not the sort I'd want to play, I tell Rubin. Then I ask him if he thinks that's an issue.

"That's why I am here," he said, after saying he wants more from Volition, "because of what you just said."

To be clear, Rubin isn't saying there isn't any room in his company "for a game that features a purple dildo," in fact he points out there are now two such games (the other is South Park: The Stick of Truth). But that sensibility isn't always a good fit for a studio.

"It works for South Park, but I'm not sure it does elsewhere," he said. "I don't think (Volition) chose to do what they did because they had all of the options available to them. It was the environment at the time.

"I know I can change that."

Rubin's vision for THQ, one week in, is already very concise. He knows exactly what he wants to do.
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...12-jason-rubin

Also, as most people probably know, Enter the Dominatrix was canned as an expansion and added to content already being developed for SR4. It was confirmed today as Saints Row 4:

Saints Row: The Third -- Enter The Dominatrix was originally announced as an expansion. THQ saw the potential in the game and decided to delay the content to create a stand-alone product. On today's THQ earnings call, President, Jason Rubin, described Saints Row: Enter The Dominatrix as "Saints Row 4 if you will." I will, Mr. Rubin!

Enter the Dominatrix picks up right after the event of Saints Row: The Third. When the game was first announced it was described as a cooky sci-fi expansion. We're not sure if it will maintain those themes now that it has been expanded to be a full retail game.
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-saints-row-4/

Really excited to see what they do with the fourth game. I had always considered the game a GTA clone, but after hearing all the raves reviews of the third one I picked it up and fell in love.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Rubin sounds like a fucking moron and if he is "in charge" for Saints Row 4, I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Two quotes that worry me:

EDIT: Got the context of the first quote mixed up, I hate journalists that use their own opinions.

("Saints Row the Third isn't a bad game, but it's not the sort I'd want to play, I tell Rubin. Then I ask him if he thinks that's an issue.

"That's why I am here," he said, after saying he wants more from Volition, "because of what you just said.") Oh ok, so because one magazine gave it a mediocre review and it's not something that YOU (some random interviewer) want to play, that justifies saying the game could have done better and that you're going to be making changes from here on out? Sounds like you have a serious case of the herp fucking derp.

Also it is clearly reasonable to compare Saints Row 3, a relatively new IP, to the Elder Scrolls that has had a massive following throughout the years. HURR DURR

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think what bothers me most about the reporter says, "I wouldn't play this in front of my wife and children, because I'd be embarrassed" bit, and then Rubin responding with "that's why I'm here" is that his response is wanting it to be like RDR or TES series. What is so abhorrent in SR3 that's more permissible in RDR or TES? So killing people, specifically being able to murder by tying them up and throw them on train tracks (an achievement if you do it to a woman) is less embarrassing than (what I presume) is the dildo bat you don't have to use and shows up in one cutscene? I personally don't have any objects to the content in any of the games, but I find it silly to call SR3's content "embarrassing" but presumably he's fine with the amount of violence and murder present in the other two.

*Edit*
    And yes, Danny Bilson is out and Jason Rubin is in. Danny Bilson had said he had already visions for SR4 (when SR3 was on the verge of coming out) that were going to be crazier and more out there. I'm going to guess that's either gone or toned down to fit the view of what Rubin feels is more appropriate for the Saints Row series, Volition, and THQ as a whole.

*Double edit*
    The exact quote was
    "I already know what Saint's Row 4 is about, and it is wilder than this one," Bilson said. "It's a good example of how you take what you have and you say, 'What can happen in the next?'" He added."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

May 2019
    To celebrate the release of the all new Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package trailer, Deep Silver today confirms that the Deluxe Pack for the popular open world action adventure game Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package is available for pre order ahead of the release on May 10 2019.

The Deluxe Pack contains an array of Saints Row inspired goodies including:

- A set of Saints Row Analog Stick Thumb Grips, for extra control

- A2 Double-sided Poster, featuring iconic Saints Row: The Third artwork

- Purple Microfibre Screen Cloth, adorned with the Saints Row: The Third insignia

- 2 Console Sticker Sheets, showcasing iconography from the world of Saints Row

- 3 Double-sided Lithographs, featuring artwork of six of the series’ most beloved characters

- Double-sided Alternative Artwork Inlay, that owners can use to personalise their boxed copy

- Deluxe Game Case Sleeve, featuring the original 2011 artwork for extra nostalgia

Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package is the definitive release of one of gaming’s most beloved entries, playable on a Nintendo system for the first time ever with new features for Switch.

• City of Sin - Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.

• Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies. It’s another to humiliate them. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and melee weapon warfare are all part of the fun.

• Joy-Con Crazy Customisation – Create the most outlandish characters ever seen, from washed-up celebrities to maskless ninja pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint. Who will you become?

• Portable Over The Top Co-op – Fly solo, or play online with a homie and for the first time – two players can play side to side via online or local multiplayer. Give freefall skydiving a try, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base. Steelport is always more fun with a friend.

• The Full Package – Includes all three mission packs and more than 30 DLC items. All previously released content is included on the game card.*

* Two DLC packs - the Bloodsucker Pack and the Unlockable Pack, have been omitted for game balance and improvement based on feedback.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS3 > Switch Mobile > Switch Docked > 360

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Remastered Edition Announced for PC/PS4/XB1 - May 22nd
    Nine years after its original release, Deep Silver today announced that Saints Row: The Third has been completely remastered and will release on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC on 22 May 22.

Every weapon has been remodelled, every car has been redesigned and a vast proportion of the city has been retextured; Saints Row The Third has received a full makeover. With around 4,000 assets reworked, the complete update has been expertly handled by Sperasoft. It has transformed environments, character models and visual effects, enhanced graphics and incorporated a new lighting engine.

In addition, all three expansion mission packs and more than 30 pieces of DLC from the original version have been remastered and are included in the package for hours of additional gleeful gameplay. The remastered edition will inspire new gamers and original fans to revisit the reworked city of Steelport and revel in the glorious world of the Saints.

About Saints Row: The Third Remastered

Saints Row: The Third Remastered gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. This is your City. These are your rules. Remastered with enhanced graphics, Steelport the original city of sin, has never looked so good as it drowns in sex, drugs and guns.

Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobblehead dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute.

Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control. Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and fight against a highly-trained military force by your lonesome in the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen.

Key Features

• The Full Package, Remastered – With enhanced graphics, improved lighting, reworked environments, and visual effects, Steelport and The Third Street Saints have never looked so good.

• City of Sin – Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.

• Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies. It’s another to humiliate them. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and outrageous melee weapons are all part of the fun.

• Crazy Character Customization – Create the most outlandish characters ever seen, from washed-up celebrities to mask-less ninja pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint. Who will you become?

• Over The Top Co-op – Fly solo or play online with a homie. Give freefall skydiving a try, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base. Steelport is always more fun with a friend.

• All Downloadable Content Included – All three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of downloadable content from the original version are included in this massive Saints package, all for the low MSRP of $39.99.