+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for bg people.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ha, if I was around I could probably get you in mine. Is it free for new accounts or return accounts too?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's free access until Thursday morning for all accounts that bought the game at some point (unless you were banned of course)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll have to hop on for a few days and say hello then.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I might have to do the same. I want my God damned rotan pet!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay, I'm back in, on Zikel, and around for the next month at least.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently I may have sold my 2nd ring in a fit of rage, or something.

Hey guys,

Now that the free trial is over anyone still playing? I'm rerolling on an EST server (prefer Elyos, prefer balance, but need EST) and curious what my options are. I could be swayed to play with people I know are cool (hence, posting here). I have some experience with Aion (45 Chanter, 41 glad and some 20s) and looking to get back into it. I'm a Chanter.

Thanks for any advice you may have. Looking forward to the 2.5 patch, seems very cool.

Talisien

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A few of us play on Zikel, I'm not really 100% where the other Elyos are rolling these days.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Talisien View Post
    Hey guys,

Now that the free trial is over anyone still playing? I'm rerolling on an EST server (prefer Elyos, prefer balance, but need EST) and curious what my options are. I could be swayed to play with people I know are cool (hence, posting here). I have some experience with Aion (45 Chanter, 41 glad and some 20s) and looking to get back into it. I'm a Chanter.

Thanks for any advice you may have. Looking forward to the 2.5 patch, seems very cool.

Talisien
    I know it's a bit late but just in case you still need help, since you do want an EST server that leaves Zikel and Israphel as your 2 options.

Zikel - Has been completely elyos dominated ever since the server merges about 9 months ago. This does mean easier AP gain (easier to obtain pvp gear) through fortress instances if you choose to go this route, but good PvP at endgame is relatively hard to find there as there aren't very many high level asmos actually looking for pvp (at least before I transferred off the server back in October, my understanding is that things have improved there in this regard since then).

Israphel - Relatively balanced server with control over the abyss changing hands every couple of months or so. Fortress sieges for the most part are rather competitive between both races, and easier to find good PvP with plenty of PvP minded players on both sides.

If PvP is your thing, Israphel is the better server for that in my opinion. If you prefer PvE, then the server choice doesn't really matter so much although I do feel the Israphel elyos community is better overall than Zikel's for grouping.

As for who on these forums plays on either of those servers, I have no idea now since I stopped playing a couple of months ago. I'll likely resub if 2.5 turns out good though.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Bump

I started playing today on Zikel, and has really turned around so far with starting a character, with the adventure guide quests every level. So far, been enjoying it, Guyverarmor. Asmo on Zikel

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Godspeed Guyver, I'll see you on the other side. Literally. Ha.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Just started recently. Wanted to go Asmo, but the wife and roommate play Elyos, so yeah....

Israphel server(Elyos) Ranger - Othinus | Sorcerer - Aspio | Gladiator - Fhloston
    Siel server(Asmo) Assassin - Melfice