+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIII-2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Exactly, which is why my "linear" was in quotes. You can't tell me FFX wasn't linear. Sure, it had cities, but the the fact that there's cities doesn't somehow remove its linearity (is that even a word?).

Every FF game has been linear. Just because it has a world map doesn't mean it isn't linear. Sure, you can "explore" by flying around in a little airship to escape the fighting, but it's still linear, and the teleport function in FFXIII and FFX achieves the exact same thing. Fact of the matter is, you still want to get from X to Y in order to do something.

Do tell me how FFVII is less linear than FFXIII. The areas was larger? Most all of them is a straight narrow line, just like FFVIII and FFVIX. There's 2 - sometimes 3 - exits, leading to another area with 2 to 3 exits at the end of a narrow corridor. Until you reach the objective.

What is it that made earlier FF games less linear?
    The only non linear FFs I can think of are FFVI during WoR (since you can actually alter the story to an extent), FFV during World 3 for the same reason, FFXII and FFX-2.

All the others were pretty much enter dungeon > kill boss > watch CS > reach a new city to buy new equipment > enter a new dungeon > rinse and repeat.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If sankaku said it, it must be true.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

:/ do not want, do not fucking want.

as for the bitching about linearity, yes every RPG is linear, some a little less then others but they all follow the same criteria, opening sequence -> talk to important dude/chick -> run along path to said location, fight beginning boss, copy paste a million times and end when you feel like it, FF13 was just so linear it gave you pretty much zero freedom from trying to avoid going to the end, almost no mini games or anything to distract you and keep you playing over again, and I don't count them shitty "missions" where you fight some mob that is a push over..

I wish this would all be released as DLC and not another fucking game..

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    :/ do not want, do not fucking want.

as for the bitching about linearity, yes every RPG is linear, some a little less then others but they all follow the same criteria, opening sequence -> talk to important dude/chick -> run along path to said location, fight beginning boss, copy paste a million times and end when you feel like it.

I wish this would all be released as DLC and not another fucking game..
    This I do agree with. I'm also sad that SE didn't decide to release the cut material they talked about as DLC as well

New Odin
    BG Level

I don't count them shitty "missions" where you fight some mob that is a push over..
    What, encounters are easy when you level past their target difficulty? This thread is full of surprises.

Fuck every fanboy out there. You're giving me a headache.

Q_Q
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lmao.

Are they serious?

Wow. They just can't stop being stupid.

SE needs to develope R-P-FUCKING-GS.

New MMOs? Nothx. Seen how you handle the original ones. FF14 was lmao, FFXI was handled terribly, tho a good game.

Why not return to roots in a more FF7-8-9-10ish era? Those all had same formula and were very loved. Good games, Good story tettling, Great characters.

This just looks sad and desperate. I actually giggled when I saw that trailer. Ridiculous looking.

EDIT: is it just me or is it really hard to take this company seriously? I mean.. Even the title sounds dumb. "13-2"? Right.

I'm from the squareSOFT era, and I loved that company. Square-ENIX is atrocious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Lightning now can learn the white knight role?

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah, looks like the theme of the game is the ancient struggle between the White knight and the Hater.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So what, now they're fusing with their summons or something? And hey, Laguna's back!

Also, happy now, Mioko? Go back to dreaming about XIV being amazing.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

And yet, here we are on a forum dedicated almost exclusively to Square enix, on a board set up and almost solely used to discuss Final Fantasy XI.
    What are you, a faggot?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Stop moaning. They are making a sequel and this is just a day 1 trailer, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by person2007 View Post
    Stop moaning. They are making a sequel and this is just a day 1 trailer, get over it.
    You must be a FF13 fan.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lovex View Post
    You must be a FF13 fan.
    What of it?

Edit: Funnily enough i actually enjoyed FF13, SE is never going back to its roots so we might as well embrace it

Banned.

BG Level

What of it?

Edit: Funnily enough i actually enjoyed FF13, SE is never going back to its roots so we might as well embrace it
    I was being bitchy but tbh, you do have a point.

Tho embrace? Fuck that. I'm not buying anymore SE games unless they go back to a more RPG style of gameplay.

I simply don't enjoy the new generation of FFS. FFXI was the last good "ff" i liked and thats online.

OFFline? Well FFX of course. That was the last tradtional FF and even tho i liked x-2, xii SUCKED, XII SUCKED and it kinda makes me feel like theyre making fun of us
    with FF13,14,13-2. 13 AND 14 ARE SERIOUSLY TERRIBL imo.

Oh well. FFXI is always good entertainment but they lost me as a fan.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They managed to whore up lightning even more o.O. Lol, man the trailer does look pretty bad, I think this is to get some quick sales cause of how bad 14 is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well i agree to some extent, my favourite FFS are 3,6,7, 10 and 11. Maybe i'm hyped up for 13-2 because everytime they decide to release a new game i get struck with the feeling that this time its different and it actually might be amazing. XIV was a joke, i cant play XI anymore, but i still have a little faith(idk how) that SE can make a decent game.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well i agree to some extent, my favourite FFS are 3,6,7, 10 and 11. Maybe i'm hyped up for 13-2 because everytime they decide to release a new game i get struck with the feeling that this time its different and it actually might be amazing. XIV was a joke, i cant play XI anymore, but i still have a little faith(idk how) that SE can make a decent game.
    http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/a...oniccycle1.png

?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pretty much

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast