FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Prometheus (June 8, 2012)

Director: Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner, etc etc)
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/ (Part 1)
    Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_%28film%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%...#Alien_Prequel

Story:

Something about "Alien’s DNA."

Cast:

Charlize Theron - Vickers
    Michael Fassbender - David
    Noomi Rapace - Elizabeth Shaw
    Idris Elba - Captain Janek
    Kate Dickie -
    Sean Harris -
    Rafe Spall -
    Logan Marshall-Green - Holloway
    Benedict Wong - Ravel
    Emun Elliott - Chance
    Guy Pearce -
    Patrick Wilson -
    Lance Henriksen -

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Thought I read somewhere that this was canned.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From AICN

Some pretty big news coming out of Deadline this evening. We've been hearing casting rumblings the past few days with Cherlize Theron and Noomi Rapace being thrown around as heading up Ridley Scott's ALIEN Prequel.

Well, it looks like the film has a title... and it's not necessarily a prequel. According to Ridley himself: “While ALIEN was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of ALIEN’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart.”

So instead of a prequel, it's inspired by the original film and is something new altogether? If that's true, I'm incredibly relieved and now genuinely excited. It also appears that Noomi Rapace has been officially cast, with Theron and Angelina Jolie in contention for the second female role.

Damon Lindelof has been trying to crack the story with Ridley Scot, and had this to say about the new film, called PROMETHEUS: "In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots, I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie. It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects." Seems pretty upfront that it's not a prequel.

This is pretty big news to see RidleyScott return to the genre which made us huge fans. And the fact that it's seemingly no longer an ALIEN prequel now... well, we'll get more news as it arrives. In the meantime, read the Deadline article for more information and casting.

Nordling, out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damon Lindelof is involved? I expect bad things.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Damon Lindelof is involved? I expect bad things.
    But Carlton Cuse isn't. So no religion copout at the end.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Nerdverse has been whipped into a tizzy ever since Ridley Scott first announced that he would be making a prequel to his 1979 sci-fi epic Alien – the deep-space masterpiece that brought us H.R. Giger’s creepy facehuggers, Sigourney Weaver’s alpha-female Ripley, and one of the greatest scenes ever made with a monster exploding out of a man’s chest. Then, last month, Scott and co-writer Damon Lindelof (Lost) threw a wet blanket on Alien fans’ giddiness by saying that the film, called Prometheus, would actually not be an Alien prequel, but cryptically added that “keen fans will recognize strands of Alien‘s DNA” in the film. So which is it?

As fans were left scratching their heads, Scott got busy filling out his cast, signing Dragon Tattoo import Noomi Rapace in the lead, Charlize Theron, and Inglourious Basterds‘ soon-to-be-A-list Michael Fassbender, who may or may not be playing an android. Now, the latest reports have added a trio of supporting cast members: The Wire‘s Idris Elba, Red Riding Trilogy‘s Sean Harris, and Red Road‘s Katie Dickie — all of whom were said to have signed secrecy clauses for the hush-hush flick. Meanwhile, other reports have indicated that Scott will resurrect Alien‘s nasty, shape-shifting Xenomorphs in this film. We’ll say it again, this sounds an awful lot like an Alien film to us.

Fassbender agrees. Recently, we sat down with the German-born, Irish-raised star of the latest Jane Eyre adaptation and the upcoming X-Men First Class and asked him about Prometheus. Maybe it was due to Scott’s top-secret information lockdown (it’s been rumored that potential castmembers had to visit the director’s production office to read the script), but Fassbender was cagey. Currently in New York, shooting an indie with Steve McQueen, the director of his break-through film, 2008′s Hunger, Fassbender says that as soon as that film is finished he will head over to London to start shooting Prometheus. He says he’s thrilled to have been cast because he considers himself a drooling Alien fan. “Alien and Aliens, both of them,” he says. “And [Scott's] Blade Runner, which I recently watched again. I’m really looking forward to stepping into a Ridley sci-fi world. And the script is really intelligent and has a nice pace to it. Plus, if I’m honest with you, I sort of approach my work as a fan. I’m a massive movie fan and I like to go on an adventure ride as much as I like to see something that has a bit of social commentary to it.”

Fassbender, who was mostly tight-lipped, toes the company line that Prometheus is not an Alien prequel. “It’s a different story, but it’s also got the traditional roots. Alien fans will recognize things in it. It’s not ignoring Alien, there’s still a link to that world. But it’s a different story. It’s definitely connected, though.” When asked if he’d be playing an android in the film, Fassbender laughs, “I don’t know what I can say!” But as he says this, he glances down at a damning tape recorder between us and nods affirmatively. “I don’t want to get into trouble…” Fair enough, but listening to him, you can’t help but wonder whether it’s more than a little possible that everyone’s insistence that Prometheus isn’t an Alien prequel is just a classic bit of misdirection. As an Alien fan, I for one would plotz if a year from now Scott held a news conference saying, ‘I lied, it is an Alien prequel!’ That’s a marketing campaign money can’t buy. And I’m still not convinced this isn’t what’s going on here.

In the meantime, one thing that Fassbender is certain to encounter when he heads over to London to shoot Prometheus — which, mark your calendars, hits theaters on June 8, 2012 — is the same sort of three-ring circus he encountered on the big-budget X-Men prequel. Fassbender, an actor who’s mostly worked in independent films, was shocked by the way major studio films are made. “It’s a different beast,” he says, still incredulous. “The first thing you realize is, Holy s—, what do all of these people do? There’s a lot of people on the set! A lot!”

Fassbender is upfront about why he wanted to play the young Magneto in the film: to broaden his fan base. “I’m in a certain place in my career where a movie like X-Men is sort of the next natural step. It’s not like I’m thinking, Oh, this will raise my IMDB rating or whatever it is. The fact is, I want to have more control over my career and something like X-Men opens me up to a wider audience. Plus, a big movie like that (and Prometheus) scares the piss out of me. And if you’re not getting scared then you’re not succeeding.”
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/2...etheus-aliens/

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Supposed to be how more or less the Aliens and Space Jockeys came about... so not a "prequel" in a sense, but how it all started. I , for one , am stoked about this. Was never released 100% if the aliens were a bio weapon or a natural species that evolved ( in canon, they have an actual "Hive world",etc. )

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sounds pretty good to me. I just hope they can explain the Aliens' ability to apparate into any escape craft other than it just being a plot device

Sounds like a terrible idea. It's much scarier when you don't know what the shit's going on. If you explain it all away, it loses the mystery and with it the horror.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/noomi-...prometheus.jpg

Noomi Rapace is recently talked about her role as as scientist Elizabeth Shaw, the supposed protagonist, in Ridley Scott's Prometheus. During a recent interview on the set of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows she talked about her characters relation to Alien's Ripley:

"She's definitely her own [character]. She's a scientist and is very bright," she continued. "She's a believer. I think there are some similarities, but she's very much her own. I don't think people will compare her so much to Ripley once they see the movie."
    Here is what she had to say about working with Scott on the film:

"It's a great honor and I'm really excited," she said of working with the acclaimed director. "I've met him maybe seven or eight times and he's so passionate. He really loves movies. He watches movies every night. He's seen everything. We had a long chat on the phone — he's in LA now — about my character. I have many ideas and he has many ideas, and now we're starting to search and try to find her."
    Production is sheduled to begin by the end of the month. Rapace went on to say:

"I'm jumping into that straight off of ['Sherlock Holmes 2']. My character's name is Elizabeth Shaw, and I'll step into her shoes in March and be her for six months or something. It's quite a long shoot. It's unbelievable."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/3/7/...liens-rip.html
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/03/07...ace-interview/

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can't wait for Chains of Prometheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    Sounds like a terrible idea. It's much scarier when you don't know what the shit's going on. If you explain it all away, it loses the mystery and with it the horror.
    MIDICHLOREANS

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    MIDICHLOREANS
    Midi-chlorians But in all seriousness, I think it would be fucking awesome to see if the Xenomorph was artificial life created for war or not. If you read the expanded universe... there is evidence for both, I would like to know once and for what their past is :D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.askactor.com/images/casts...ng_25345_3.jpg

Benedict Wong and Emun Elliott are the newest recruits for Ridley Scott's Prometheus. It's amazing how late some casting happens as this movie is way into production now but it seems to be a common thing in Hollywood. The "new guys" join Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, Kate Dickey and Rafe Spall in the film.

There's also some questions being cleared up some on whether or not this is an Alien prequel and this should make all of our Alien fans very happy.

From Alien Prequel News;

Though security on the set is very tight with the good weather, dock doors have been open and cast and crew have been enjoying lunch outdoors. I can confirm seeing 3 aliens having lunch. Not the whole costume but blueish costumes and the unmistakable heads hanging around their shoulders.
    Another question asked if these aliens resembeld the familiar xenomorphs from the previous films;

The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour. As for the suits black boots and shoulder pads the rest was a Chelsea blue body suit could be for SFX, all the sets around the back of the bond stage have huge green chromokey maybe that's a clue. I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/21...t-members.html
    http://www.alienprequelnews.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...prometheus.jpg

Earlier we reported that Guy Pearce had joined Ridley Scott’s highly-anticipated Prometheus. Thanks to The Playlist, today we have confirmation that Pearce has joined the top-secret cast. At this time, we have no further information on what character he will play. Even though they say this isn't a Alien prequel there are elements that have leaked out that prove otherwise.

Pearce joins the stellar cast that includes, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Sean Harris, Kate Dickie, Rafe Spall and Logan Marshall-Green. Filming on Prometheus is currently underway, and is slated to last six-months. It started in Toronto and is now filming on soundstages in London. Prometheus arrives in theaters on June 8, 2012.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/5/2/...rometheus.html
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...s_prometheus/#

Toronto is a busy place with this & Silent Hill 2 both filming around the city.

Prometheus (Alien Prequel)

I guess the synopsis have been leaked. Sounds very interesting.
    Ridley Scott and bunch of good actors shouldn't hurt either.

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

wtf

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So basically the lead up to the first movie. Been waiting for Space Jockey lore for awhile!

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Alien Gods wut...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast