+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Girls, engagement rings, do you care about the size?

Girls, as to engagement rings, do you care about the size? I think the size is not an issue, as long as it fits your finger, right? But my gf don't think so. The other day, I bought this pair of rings for her. Who knows, she said it not big enough. And she even implied the size is sort of matters.. If I don't get a good ring- then what does that say for the rest of the relationship or marriage... It predicts bad things! I'm so confused now. So, what's your opinion?

User was infracted for this post.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

extenze

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A lot can be said about a girl who cares about the size of the rock on her ring.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

and i hate you for post spamming to get your post count up

5. 2011-01-17 03:37

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

even though it's just for his post count, no it didnt matter to me... But the engagement ring definitely looks better with the wedding band attached. <3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Get her a plastic ring with a sandvich on it.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ideally, the size of the stone should mean jack squat. And I'd be worried about marrying someone that is concerned with such a minor detail.

$$$ on rocks means smaller down payment on a house, higher mortgage payments down the road.
    Put it like this, bigger stone, or two car garage? Which makes life easier?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbong View Post
    $$$ on rocks means smaller down payment on a house, higher mortgage payments down the road.
    Put it like this, bigger stone, or two car garage? Which makes life easier?
    Can't brag about a two car garage~

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Women only care about the size in relation to income. If you're bringing home $150,000 a year, don't bring home a 1/2 caret rock. If you bring home $25,000 a year, she's going to be ecstatic that she got that half caret.

I'll brag about it and you'll fucking like it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd say it's the gesture that matters, not the rock itself. But what do I know, I'm a guy.

The size of the RING matters, because it has to sit properly on her hand.

If your woman has man-hands, then a half-carat solitare on top of a thin band isn't going to cut it.

I can't speak for the individual womenz, because bitches be crazy, but objectively, the size of the ring does matter simply because it has to look like it belongs on her hand.

My wife, bless her, let me off the omgwtfbbq expensive ring hook by asking for a setting that actually squared up four smaller diamonds in a single setting. The total carats of the setting are only 2.25, but the setting can actually hold a single stone that's closer to 4 carats. The engagement band and the wedding band also each have small diamonds around the top of them, so the whole thing really sparkles and makes the ring look bigger too.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Women only care about the size in relation to income. If you're bringing home $150,000 a year, don't bring home a 1/2 caret rock. If you bring home $25,000 a year, she's going to be ecstatic that she got that half caret.
    Precisely.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't have plans on getting married either, but if I ever did, I hope it would be to the kind of woman that would want nothing more than a golden band to match my own~

aduidarnenye

You also need to look at the clarity of the diamond as well. I have a smaller diamond but it sparkles so prettily that I can't remember the size of the rock.

Also, go with a simpler design. If you want your wife to wear it all the time it's got to go well with the of her outfits. Don't get something that has a gaudy band.

It helps if the woman can help pick out the ring. Of course, you may want to surprise her, in which case you have to do a serious run around on getting clues about what she wants.

I really like Tyche's point about income v size. It's very true.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    +1

oh man I hit the jackpot, my wife's mom just upgraded her ring so she handed me down her old diamond to use in my wife's setting whenever I proposed.

her mom's CFO of Univeristy Texas of Arlington making 170K a year, I'm a Sprint retail consultant making 21K a year.

Got a nice ring for her in the end, something I couldve never afforded if not for getting that diamond for free lol.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

There's two ways to look at this - women will see a guy who makes six figures and buys her a tiny ring as shallow and cheap, not willing to spend money on her to show her she cares. The other way is that a woman who bases her engagement ring tastes (note, this is an engagement ring, not a wedding ring) on $$$ and not on <3<3<3 is not someone you want to marry.

What I have heard during my searches for a ring is that a woman wants a rock that will look good in proportion to her hands. If you have a petite woman with tiny hands, buying her a 2ct engagement ring might impress her or her friends, but it won't look right. The general rule of thumb is you take the size of her ring finger and divide it by 10. That will give you a pretty good idea of what would look decent on her finger. Your wiggle room is about 10% either way.

I still maintain (and a lot of women I know do) that if a woman rejects your proposal because you didn't buy a big enough rock, you don't want to marry her anyway - but don't let that be your motivator for buying a "smaller" ring. My girl is happy with a 1/2ct. Most women are.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unrelated but this popped in my head:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OSr...eature=related

On topic, size won't mean shit if you aren't making a lot of money. Do not marry if she complains. End of story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast