Closed Thread
Page 10 of 285 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Honestly surprised they let this rumor go as far as it did.. But yeah, come the fuck on, shit has been in development since 2006, should at least have been releasing updates every (or every other) E3/TGS/anything.

At least I can be cautiously optimistic again instead of disappointed.
    It has been in a period of pre-production, but it didn't fully go into production until late last year. They've been focusing on other titles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Saying they just finished a meeting on the title to soothe shareholders and players alike on a game thats been in development for 6 years and seeing something solid on the game after rumors of cancellation are two different things.

While it is nice to hear from the top that VXIII is still alive, that doesn't really mean it's not 1. being retooled or 2. being changed to XV.

I remain cautious about any info on this until we see something drastically new. And I'm not talking like 2 additional seconds onto a trailer we've seen 2 seconds added to 12 times. I really think SE owes us something substantial at this point along the lines of a release window or some pretty detailed info about the title, especially if top brass are taking the time to say "Yeah, It's still here".

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

haha.. thats what i was thinking as well.
    it's still alive, but we don't know if its the same form.

at the very least, we know the project has not been axed.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And that's why I don't follow Kotaku rumors.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    And that's why I don't follow Kotaku rumors.
    Whether you follow it or not, at least it generated a response.

Hearing "Yes, it still exists." is nice every one and a while. If a rumor is all it takes for people to believe that your game has been axed, you've kept your mouth shut for far too long.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thoroughly convinced it's only being kept under wraps because it's likely to be a PS4 launch title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    VXIII
    I stared at this for like 10 secs before I realized what it was supposed to mean.

Should put a little 's' in between the V and the X, otherwise it looks like some crazy non-existent numeral.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Honestly surprised they let this rumor go as far as it did
    Kotaku pushed their story at what would have been the start of their weekend, and there's no reason to respond to fucking Kotaku in any kind of hurry.

The only reason the story got as much traction as it did is due to some high profile flops for the franchise and the cold hard fact that further delay on Versus would guarantee it bombs outside of Japan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Thoroughly convinced it's only being kept under wraps because it's likely to be a PS4 launch title.
    Now this I personally highly doubt. It was mentioned either in this thread or the other one how SE kinda got into a habit between both PSX->PS2 and PS2->PS3 launches of starting a title for one console, having it take a while, then having to spend a lot more money to get it up to snuff. I know I personally rememeber the 8/9/10 screenshot kerfuffle when we had a Tidus with Squall hair standing in front of Lindblum's airship docks.

Id still wager that XV, if indeed Versus and XV remain two separate titles, will both be on PS3 (and likely Wii-U and/or 360). It would be dumb for a company to have started development for a PS4 6 (even giving them the benefit of the doubt and making it 2) years ago when Sony themselves likely don't have a PS4 entirely figured out right now. If SE had dev kits to even attempt a PS4 title we most certainly would have heard something first party from Sony by now.

Thats just way too much money and time in a not quite struggling but seriously delicate gaming industry by a company that is actually starting to lose some of its most fervent supporters. Square really needs to deliver on its next few titles, and Versus is possibly a large step toward that goal. They won't be waiting 2-3 more years to even start to think about an investment return for Versus in a PS4 that likely wont be out for that same time.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    It would lose a ton of money being a next-gen launch title. More than it would lose coming out at the end of the PS3's life cycle. SE has made some stupid decisions over the last 3 calendar years, but delaying Versus to the next gen would top all of those put together.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is one of those things that even if they could easily release it for the ps4, they'd probably still be better off putting it on the ps3 anyway.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something epic comes out out of TGS this year, probably would throw the bone to far to hope for a release date announcement.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that something epic comes out out of TGS this year, probably would throw the bone to far to hope for a release date announcement.
    At least we'll know something even if they don't show anything of Versus by either TGS or the planned 25th Final Fantasy Anniversary event in September.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

All I can say is, it better be fucking epic for the pile of shit 13 was, and I never bothered purchasing 13-2 because it just looked like a money grab with a sub-par story, which I believe I was correct on with the DLC spewing from its ass.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I never bothered purchasing 13-2 because it just looked like a money grab with a sub-par story, which I believe I was correct on with the DLC spewing from its ass.
    Too bad, since it was way better than 13.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

13-2 DLC was mainly Colliseum battles to add new recruitable "monsters", only 1-2 were really anything important to the story.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

13-2's DLC were very money grab. apart from Snow and Lightnings DLC, the rest were inconsequential to the storyline. Sazh's too if you care to know a bit more about him and Chocolina.

but 13-2 proper was way better than 13. much better pacing, a story that actually kept you on your toes wanting to solve the mystery, and a system that makes you feel like you have the flexibility to choose where you want to go next in the story. Whilst the game did end up being slightly shorter as a result of it, it made up for it through non-linear movement in the story, zone replayability (you'd want to go back to old zones to play around with mog-toss, exploring to 100% and capturing rare enemies) and a genuine sense of progression.

the story itself, which isn't really that gripping, is still better than xiii's, but still comes across as being unnecessarily complex at certain points.

thats apparently the toriyama effect.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    13-2's DLC were very money grab. apart from Snow and Lightnings DLC, the rest were inconsequential to the storyline. Sazh's too if you care to know a bit more about him and Chocolina.
    What? Snow's DLC was actually relevant to anything? I watched the opening for it, was like "what the fuck?", and turned the system off because it looked like it had no point.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

More referencing the ending of it I think, CS implies that Yuel (or that chaos stuff from the lightning DLC) has something to do with him being stuck in the colluseum.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    More referencing the ending of it I think, CS implies that Yuel (or that chaos stuff from the lightning DLC) has something to do with him being stuck in the colluseum.
    sigh, s'pose I'll youtube it.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 285 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast