Closed Thread
Page 11 of 285 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it doesn't say much, but is one of the only cutscenes to point a finger to black mist yeul as an instigator in the plotline as opposed to Caius. Lightning's DLC is the other one, and that will probably be where XIII-3 branches out from.. i guess

Sounds like this wasn't cancelled

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Don't kill me guys. This popped up on the GAF from someone at the event.

The text at the top reads: "Congratulations on the 25th anniversary. Please wait for his turn to appear."

HOPE.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"Please wait for his turn to appear." We have been waiting since 2006. Not sure how much longer they want us to wait.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This has officially been filed in the "forget about this game" section of my brain.

Incoming shitstorm:

We may have to go another Tokyo Game Show without Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Shar, a member of the Square Enix Members fan club, says that he spoke with Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto about Versus at today's Final Fantasy Gallery event. Wrote Shar at Twitter, "I spoke about a number of things with Mr. Hashimoto today. It looks like Versus won't be at Tokyo Game Show. They're first putting all their effort info FFXIV and the Lightning Saga finale."

Shar later added, "He said that we're developing it, so please look forward to next year."

There's always the hope for a secret trailer, of course, but assuming Shar did actually get this from Hashimoto, don't expect to see a column for Versus XIII in Square Enix's official exhibition list.
    http://andriasang.com/con2jq/no_vs_at_tgs/

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Hard to be surprised, really. I'm not even mad. All part of the plan.. Maybe TGS2019 will have a new trailer.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's not a real game.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FFXIV not only sucked horrendously, but now it takes resources away from vXIII. Fuck that game lol. Remember the whole Fabula Nova CRystabolahablahablah guiz? lol so much for that concept.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't understand why SE keeps pouring resources into FF14. Its probably the worst thing to ever come out from them.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I don't understand why SE keeps pouring resources into FF14. Its probably the worst thing to ever come out from them.
    lol?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The best part is how there's going to be 3 FFXIII games before vXIII has a possibility of seeing the light.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Possibly because XI is the highest grossing FF to date.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

because its an MMORPG.

they have clearly seen by example that FFXI earns way more than a traditional offline FF.

FF13 sold somewhere close to almost 7 million copies. assuming they all sold at a fixed retail price (they didn't) of say $60, then thats about 420 million in total from that game. I've been told the cost of the game was like 50 million or something. So if you do a simple net its about 370million.

FF11, assuming today, if you count a subscription base of like 300,000 players. and the $12 subscription.. thats 3.6million each month.. in some months its for doing nothing at all, which is in excess of 43million a year. If you're looking back in the 500k sub days, thats 6m a month, 72mil a year. (all this excluding revenue from mules). and all this is without substantial development cost.
    FF11's sub numbers could drop to 100k and they'd still be turning in profit month-on-month. It's also an older game so the cost to develop is already significantly reduced, but its earnings has no doubt tapered down over the years.
    However, its still SE's biggest money spinner.

Square Enix however, is more interested in a bigger portion of the pie.
    WoW subscription only recently dipped below 10 million. Their monthly fee is $15. They make 150million a month. The profit taking grows exponentially higher than the cost of infrastructure to support the increased subscription.

No doubt, this is what FFXIV is aiming for, and so they're putting more effort on this. If they can even replicate one third the success of World of Warcraft in terms of subscription numbers, they'd be able to make bank and would be able to recover financially from FFXIV and ARR costs and direct the profits to anywhere else they desire in the company.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was a big FF fan growing up now that I am adult the glory days of SquareSoft is all gone and we have this shit of a company who only does ports and shitty games.I really do miss SquareSoft..

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    The best part is how there's going to be 3 FFXIII games before vXIII has a possibility of seeing the light.
    Not to mention its probably one of the worst fan based game series ever made, WE WANT SARAH, SARAH SUCKS KILL OFF EVERYONE, WHERES LIGHTNING?! OMG LIGHTNIGHT KFJ:WROIQWHR: :/ I hated FF13, story was fucking weak and game play was shitty, my team mates can die but as soon as the leader dies everyone else gives up, fuck that.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Not to mention its probably one of the worst fan based game series ever made, WE WANT SARAH, SARAH SUCKS KILL OFF EVERYONE, WHERES LIGHTNING?! OMG LIGHTNIGHT KFJ:WROIQWHR: :/ I hated FF13, story was fucking weak and game play was shitty, my team mates can die but as soon as the leader dies everyone else gives up, fuck that.
    I beat FFXIII, and I still don't understand where the fuck the demand for XIII-2 came from. Serah wasn't even a big part of XIII for christ sake other than love interest for Snow and being Light's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko View Post
    glory days of SquareSoft is all gone and we have this shit of a company who only does ports and shitty games.I really do miss SquareSoft..
    Even if SE's recent games of their own haven't quite rung well with the audience it was aimed at, they've been making themselves out to be a pretty damn good publisher, especially with taking Sleeping Dogs from life-support away from Activision (originally True Crime: Hong Kong), and giving the devs for it the time/funding it needed to turn out to be a well received game.

They also seem well aware enough to not meddle with developers and just let them do what they do. They acquired Eidos three years ago and they're still releasing the games they normally do, which is good cause I'm looking forward to Thief 4.

Seriously? Can we please stop pretending that Lightning Returns was surprising by any stretch of the imagination?
    FF games have a massive fanbase and FF sequels are always in high demand, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that FFXIII-2 and by extensions LR were going to happen. Ok you didn't ask for them. Millions of other people did and I'm one of them - the first thing I thought when I saw FFXIII-2's ending was "FFXIII-3".

I only see lots of butthurt because FFXIII is so far one of the very few FFs (others being FFIV and X) that received actually good sequels. In before "but they weren't good". Yeah keep believing that.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Kinda hard to think otherwise with the giant flashing banner on the screen that is screaming stay tuned for episode 3, coming soon, 60$, thank you right at the end.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, uh, you didn't need to ask for ff13-3, they were obviously planning it already.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 285 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast