Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Episode Gladiolus details, Coming March 28th
    Spoiler: show

Gladiolus, one of the three faithful comrades who accompany Noctis on his journey will become a playable character for the very first time in his own episode with a completely different type of gameplay and an all-new story.

Picking up from the events from the group’s encounter with Ravus, Gladio leaves the group to train alongside Cor and become even more powerful. He sets on a path to face challenges by encountering larger than life monsters along the way.

Episode Gladiolus will be available by itself for $4.99 and is included for Season Pass owners.

FFXV Episode Gladiolus,” “FFXV Episode Ignis,” “FFXV Episode Prompto,” and “FFXV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades” will be sold as individual DLC. More information to be revealed at a later date.
    March 28th update will also "improve" Chapter 13
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/...pisode-gladio/

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

NEW BEAST TRIBE!

oh wait wrong game

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

its surprisingly fun..

comes with its own trophies tho.. and i havent even plat XV yet ;o

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Off-Screen Caps of XV running on a GeForce GTX1080Ti
    Spoiler: show

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

because off-screen caps never seem to do justice to the visuals involved .

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Glad I waited. Had a feeling this'd be out for PC, and with Mods, to boot!

Now you can go whole hog with the graphics and features, SE.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New timed quest out. This one gives like 500AP, 500,000 gil, 15k exp and 5 oracle ascension coins. AP and gil reward are prett-eh decent.

I didn't really realize the nature of timed quests. Without looking into them now I thought they were just that, a quest that when you started, you only had a limited time to beat like 3 minutes or whatever. Didn't realize it was quest that occurred from a certain date to another certain date. I didn't do the first one =x

People have also done the math. To go from level 99 -> 120, you need just over 8mil EXP (plus the x3 bonus from Altissia). My characters are all currently level 70 and I'm making zero effort to hit the cap

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

98-99 is 105k EXP but 99-100 is over 1M.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Guess I should start doing those timed quests. Any idea how long they're active for before they change into a newer one?

I also just remembered I forgot to do carnival stuff as well, was there anything super useful from it that I missed out on, or was it just for fun?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Save for the egg key item that people are speculating might be used later on, everything from it otherwise was pretty meh. Couple costumes (depending on if you got the season pass or not) and just some mediocre fishing stuff. Could also buy all the weapon upgrade items for the Cid quests too I think.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is annoying. My mind tells me it's an offline game but it keeps bothering me to pick it up again to do these timed quests like it's an mmorpg. Since I already completed it, and the extra dungeons are trash (caves tunnels) and I done all other extra content, it's just odd.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Outside of doing these timed quests and limited time only events, I'm not gonna touch all the other character and chapter and story dlc stuff at all until it's all done and just do a solid new game+ run with all the new shit.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

same. I havent actually tried clearing the menace quests tho.. but I reckon I could do everything cept maybe Costlemark fine.

the timed quests are an easy way to gain AP tho. its one of those things that you could pointlessly grind if u wanted to.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've tried that Shield+lvl2 Dog AP farm method but I can't be assed to go longer then like 10 minutes before being bored out of my mind lol.

I mean it works but I'm not OCD enough to do it to get every ability. Plus in the NG+, your ascension progress passes onto the new game, so you already have a hefty head start to go with all the AP you'll be re-earning again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I finally finished this game after buying it back in december. Total playtime 27 hours, of which the last 6 hours was chapter 8-14 (aka the part where you actually get some story). Feels very short for a first FF playthrough for me. Story turned out ok, not great, just ok.

Few things though in random order:

Even with my buddies "made smarter" on the grid they were still morons. This boggles my mind how you can go from FF12 which you could gambit the shit out of and create AI and FF13 where usually minor adjustments to the auto-attack command were all that was needed. These guys are serious idiots, they run into every fuckin aoe (Hi Malboro and Ravus) and expect me to save their ass with items.

That's another thing: fuck the next FF that revolves around curing with potions and healcast spells of which you can only equip three. I won't be getting it.

Also, thanks people who bitched that FF13 was (too) lineair, now we got a non-lineair game for 8 chapters with zero story (ok, maybe 2 cutscenes) and only fetch/hunt quests that add nothing to the story or character development. I hope you enjoyed it, because I sure as hell didn't.

I rarely have issues with camera's in games, but this game is the first where it seriously pissed me off. Besides the frequent instances where I can't see myself or my enemy (or enemies) it even did it twice on purpose as soon as I used an action from my ring in chapter 13: it would turn to show my face, while I want to see the enemy in front of my face. It did this twice while I re-adjusted the camera inbetween. Camera is utter shit in dungeons due to the narrow hallways and boring ass square rooms that each and every dungeon has (seriously, and people call FF13 a corridor simulator?!) FF14 has better looking dungeons with actual scenery and we blaze through that shit in <20mins every 3 months.

Why couldn't I have played the entire game as 10 years older Noctis instead of this generic Japanese teenager?

Besides some bits of storytelling missing in chapter 13, I actually liked it more than I expected from the stories online. Of course I wondered how a certain somebody got on the floor, but considering SE's weird storytelling choices so far with FF15 I could let that slide.

Chapter 13 ended with my 2 major annoyances though in this game: my buddies and boring ass fights. Let's have a tank boss so the fight takes 10mins and give him plenty of aoe's to which my buddies can die. I think I solo'd 60% of his hp instead of wasting more items on my buddies.

Also, the guy who thought that having some track&field button smashing in the final fight of the game is a bigger idiot than my "hi aoe" buddies. Not that it was hard, just felt very out of place to switch to that midfight.

Also, "A Final Fantasy for fans and first-timers"...
    It annoyed me a little when I first booted up the game and since halfway into the game I started to hate that line. That line fits so much better with World of Final Fantasy.

To end on a positive: FFXI music was freakin sweet in the car.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm 60 hours in and just in ch 11 so it really is a question of if you go for sidequests or not.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know, I decided not to go for sidequests after doing quite a few of them and them simply not adding anything to the story, character development or lore of the world. The contrast of what happens in chapter 2 was a too big wtf to me story-wise to go fuck off on filler quests so I stopped doing them.

So even if I spend hours and hours on those quests I'd still feel the game is rather short, because I won't be remebering those filler quests, but I will remember the amount of story shown throughout the game, which is pretty much non-existant pre-chapter 8 and post chapter 8 it feels very little for a FF.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah. Just like with everything else sidequests feel tacked on in this game. It's a shame because it had promise.

The problem I had with the side quests is that they're all the same thing. All the gem collections are the same, the photos and whatever else shit they had you do. Without any strong story or reward component most of the side quests were wasted.

But I do them because I have OCD in these cases.