Closed Thread
Page 262 of 285 FirstFirst ... 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    what the big deal is.
    There's no big deal. People just freaked out because it was a slow boring chapter lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ahh I said that in jest but you know how some people love to compare stuff to the detail? Naturally frame by frame would be nearly impossible if there's extra dialogue/scenes but the point is someone is going to analyze it heavily in a video, as with all things. Worst one is the 1 hour video on the recent 2 new FFVII remake screenshots.

Background is that in general the reaction or feedback towards chapter 13 (nevermind the rest of the game) is overall negative the producer promised to fix it.

I consider people here to be seasoned gamers so it's more of an itch to to most but some people either raged hard or essayed over it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The update to 13 is coming soon? I guess it's a good thing I'm still on ch 11. I'll wait till that comes out and then finish the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Chapter 13 is bad. that is all that is to be said.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Consider myself wooshed, I understand what you mean now Stig xD

I kinda read a little bit about it, maybe I'll just wait too lol...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Chapter 13 is bad. that is all that is to be said.
    Does this imply the rest of the "chapters" were actually "good"? :D

I mean if chapter 13 is considered bad, then I guess I have to call the rest utter shit, because 13 was the only chapter I somewhat enjoyed.
    The good:
    - no morons for the majority of the chapter
    - chapter actually lasting longer than 20 minutes (FFXV first)
    - some actual (though in parts still lacking) background story

The bad:
    - camera
    - still boring fights
    - morons return

The bad is pretty much the standard throughout the game, so I liked the good of chapter 13 even more.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

What do you mean by an update to 13? I just started the game recently so I'm not very far yet.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Does this imply the rest of the "chapters" were actually "good"? :D

I mean if chapter 13 is considered bad, then I guess I have to call the rest utter shit, because 13 was the only chapter I somewhat enjoyed.
    The good:
    - no morons for the majority of the chapter
    - chapter actually lasting longer than 20 minutes (FFXV first)
    - some actual (though in parts still lacking) background story

The bad:
    - camera
    - still boring fights
    - morons return

The bad is pretty much the standard throughout the game, so I liked the good of chapter 13 even more.
    thats quite the unique view ya got there.

I didn't mind ch13 when I did it, seemed to be an overstated problem.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, to be clear I didn't find it freakin awesome or something, but compared to what I had to deal with up to that point (and after this point), it was mildy entertaining. Certainly not as bad as what the internet tried to make it out to be.

I think generally that opinion is the opposite to most. If you liked Chapter 13 there probably isn't anything you like about the actual game because Chapter 13 has nothing that the rest of the game has lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    What do you mean by an update to 13? I just started the game recently so I'm not very far yet.
    SE is patching the game like a MMO, adding new hunts/time or seasonal events/bug fixes and also addressing consumer reaction to chapter 13.

Unlikely but there's a small chance that if you beat the game now and come back to it in the future it might be a very much improved or change game. Basically during development a huge amount of things were trimmed/cut off and also possibly rushed and so on.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I think generally that opinion is the opposite to most. If you liked Chapter 13 there probably isn't anything you like about the actual game because Chapter 13 has nothing that the rest of the game has lol
    Yup, which I thought my first comment made pretty clear. Chapter 13 was such a nice break from the bullshit that SE considers a (fun?) "game" before this chapter that I actually caught myself enjoying this whole new style of "game" a little if only for an hour or so. But ya, considering chapter 13 was my highlight of the game as a whole, it's no surprise that I find FF15 to be one of the worst FF's I played.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I decided to plat the game today, I'm impressed they managed to recapture the excitement of campaign from 11 in this game.

Yup, which I thought my first comment made pretty clear. Chapter 13 was such a nice break from the bullshit that SE considers a (fun?) "game" before this chapter that I actually caught myself enjoying this whole new style of "game" a little if only for an hour or so. But ya, considering chapter 13 was my highlight of the game as a whole, it's no surprise that I find FF15 to be one of the worst FF's I played.
    Here I thought the best people had to say about chapter 13 was "it wasn't as bad as I thought" and here you are raising the bar.

I think the best part is "this whole new style of game". Fair enough you didn't enjoy the gameplay but damn.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I mean, feel free to speak your opinion and all that, but I'm super confused why you would keep reading and participating in a game you hate so much lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I mean, feel free to speak your opinion and all that, but I'm super confused why you would keep reading and participating in a game you hate so much lol.
    If I had to guess, I would chalk it up to it being a FF game and being a fan of the franchise, feeling almost obligated to see it through to the end. That's how I finally managed to beat VIII way back when lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im ok with Ch13. it just feels like a slightly different game. it draws inspiration from a genre of games that I don't play lol.. so it scared me a little, but it was a refreshing experience and i think it made that part of the game have that much more impact.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I really enjoyed Chapter 13. I guess without spoiling things, it helped build up the finale a bit for me.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All I remember was having a fucking blast doing stuff until I got on a boat. Then everything became a shitty rail ride on turbo speed and I tossed it into the trash pile next to XIII.

Sad that they were this close to getting it right.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Here I thought the best people had to say about chapter 13 was "it wasn't as bad as I thought" and here you are raising the bar.

I think the best part is "this whole new style of game". Fair enough you didn't enjoy the gameplay but damn.
    Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, what I didn't expect was that was actually somewhat enjoyment out of it.

The best part of the new game feel in chapter 13 was no bro's with their utter shit AI and annoying banter that's supposed to be fun, but really isn't. After being beat down for 12 chapters, missing such annoying shit feels like a breath of fresh air.

As for why I am reading this topic still or actually saw the game through to the end is because indeed I like the franchise and was hoping I'd start to like the game in later chapters. As for this topic, I wanted to provide a different opinion than most people. Imo, this topic is far too tame for a BG topic when FF15 has shitty storytelling, the shit AI, fights utter boring and a free roam world only loaded with fetch quests and square room dungeons.