Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I love the FFXI music so Naoshi Mizuta doing the Episode Prompto theme is exciting.

I really didn't think offroad Regalia was coming to the PS4, especially not so soon. Hope it's better than flying the fucking thing (which for me was even more rage-inducing than Costlemark Tower).

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mizuta senpai!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mizuta has been one of the only redeeming aspects of the garbage SE has pumped out these last 10 years. Sorry, Yoko.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Episode Prompto trailer dropped, I'm genuinely more hyped for this than I was Gladiolus' pack. I'd recommend not watching if you don't want to be spoiled about the direction it'll take.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Has anyone with the season pass actually been able to download Episode Prompto?
    The damn PSN keeps demanding money for it, even though the season pass should make it free.
    Many others seem to be facing the same problem since they uploaded it this morning.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I downloaded it earlier on Xbox. Haven't had time to try it though.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Has anyone with the season pass actually been able to download Episode Prompto?
    The damn PSN keeps demanding money for it, even though the season pass should make it free.
    Many others seem to be facing the same problem since they uploaded it this morning.
    Should be fixed now.

In other news I plan on streaming my playthrough in about 3 hours at: twitch.tv/kaslo25

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Should be fixed now.

In other news I plan on streaming my playthrough in about 3 hours at: twitch.tv/kaslo25
    I just noticed... very excited for this, more than I was for Episode Gladio but especially because OF Episode Gladio.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Okay, REALLY dug Episode Prompto

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm hearing good things about it. Gonna try and delve into it before work tomorrow.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Regalia Type-D: meh, chocobos are better. But it's funny to watch them bounce around in the cab screaming. I reverted my car back to the regular Regalia XD

Episode Prompto: I don't generally enjoy shooters so this was pretty hard for me. Final boss took like 7 tries But the story parts were worth it for me. It seems you kind of have to watch Brotherhood to understand some of the character stuff going on in here though.
    Spoiler: show

Aranea was fucking awesome. Iris is still best girl but Aranea is a close 2nd.
    Loved the post-credit scene with Noct. Glad they put that in there.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just finished. I immediately need more Aranea. Jesus why didn't she have a bigger role in the main game. She deserves her own episode after that. If that world of darkness rumor was true and we're getting that as the multiplayer expansion Aranea needs to be a main character or something.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Episode Prompto is definitely a hell lot better than Gladio by virtue of all the story value it has over the first. I thought it was very well done and quite emotional. I cant say I'm very invested in his character but a number of scenes in there did make me tear up.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Gameplay wise, Prompto is complete ass. I've done several of the side missions before going into the base and killed the Lv.99 Kaiser Behemoth and fucktarded Lv.99 mech, there are only what seems to be 3 side quests and they just cycle for you until you get bored of getting elixirs. Story wise, it was okay, the end of the final encounter was the only thing I enjoyed when Ardyn pop'd up to do the final fantasy fanfare. Seriously I just ran around in circles holding the R1 down and holding triangle down for every encounter. The controls were ass the other weapons were pathetic and the only reason I got through it was because of Arnaea being a beast when the game didn't fail at doing the thing that lets you do damage to the monkey.

Seriously tho an on rails shooter for the final boss? They could have done something cool like bring out Diamond Weapon. The Intensive Training was just as boring, hold R1 run in circles, do dodge roll and when she jumps in the air activate the QTE to kick her in the face and then unload trigger happy all over her fucking tits, btw why is her top zipped down just enough to see her cleavage in a tundra?

I just seriously hated this, Gladiolus felt rewarding in combat, this was just a dreadthru for me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's commendable that they tried to incorporate sidequests and an open world of sorts for this dlc. Unfortunately, it's rather pointless and there's no good reward for doing it, which made me sadface. I fucked around with the lv99 mech a bit before I realized I suck at shooty bang games too much to take the thing down, so I gave up. Woulda kept at it if the reward was a cutscene or something but "upgrade the snowmobile you won't use after this part anyway" was not enough of an incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    btw why is her top zipped down just enough to see her cleavage in a tundra?
    Aranea can do what she wants, she's a straight-up badass who don't need no man telling her to zip up her coat.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hearing rumors they're finally going to announce PC version at Gamescom in August for holiday release.
    Hope they bundle all the episodes and price it under USD$70.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Maybe mods can make the game fun.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Idk, if you don't like the game already you probably never will...?