BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I'm in chapter 8 and level 98 (thanks to the 15 minute cactuar timed quest). I have all 10 Armiger you can have by that point. I may do the Behemoth 1 then for a chance at its meats to drop. I really don't want to scale Ravatogh again.

Will I automatically be able to level past 99 since the cap is 120?
    I don't know but I would assume yes. Don't think post 99 is gated behind finishing the story. Also, you're overleveled as fuck for the final story bosses lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Damn, yeah, but won't that feel kind of good hahahah.

maybe I'm vindictive

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I was like level 77 going in. And yeah, it was fun :3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Holy shit, I just hit 99 and the TNL to level 100 is over 1 million exp.

Those cactuars gave great exp, I would spam it and then sleep at the Quay and have eaten the chocobo dinner from Wiz.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Level 100->120 takes like 40mil exp or something absurd like that

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

And the gain is for virtually nothing, at least for how it would play out beneficially.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Closed beta coming out for MP in August.

http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/comrades

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm so very skeptical about the quality this will have..

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

This is going to be awful lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nope.jpg

I dont play FF (outside of the online games that have such a focus) to team up with other people.

Besides, if the cringe factor of Deviant Art being added into Sonic games wasn't enough I have a feeling teaming up with edgelord xXxSeferofXxX in a Hammerhead jumper won't be much better.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah hard pass. Instead of wasting time and resources on this bullshit, just give me more story fixes, make the Leviathan battle less awful (and more like what was actually previewed in all the trailers) and add shit like Tenebrae, Niflheim and that Shiva zone.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You guys should probably invest in friends or family if you're worried cause of randoms being cringey... as if you're all not.

Either way I'll probably play this with my two brothers for the experience itself and see if it sucks or not from there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Man I don't want a bunch of rando Mary Sues in my Lucis.

I mean uh... I reserve judgment until I see how shit or not this ends up being. I don't have PSPlus so I'll just creep on streamers I guess.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You guys should probably invest in friends or family if you're worried cause of randoms being cringey... as if you're all not.

Either way I'll probably play this with my two brothers for the experience itself and see if it sucks or not from there.
    I couldn't care less about people being cringy. I just want the solo player experience (which is why I got the game in the first place) made better. If I wanted a multiplayer FF experience then I'll just play XIV.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Way to completely miss the point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

AFK banging hot chicks.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I couldn't care less about people being cringy. I just want the solo player experience (which is why I got the game in the first place) made better. If I wanted a multiplayer FF experience then I'll just play XIV.
    I understand where you're coming from entirely. I get the idea that this development time could have been better spent making the single player experience actually what it should have been at launch.

I buy single player games for their, shockingly, single player experience, but still enjoy the multiplayer aspect. Tales games integrate the two... many RPGs have coop experiences. I know that's not the same as a separate mode but the Sword Art games have a drop in coop experience, no? (I get that's a game based off an MMO lol)

The problem being the examples I named are usually fully developed games with complete single player experiences. Also I know it's different than a separate MP experience from the main game, and I understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea, and further more I get that the development time could have been spent elsewhere. But if it fun it's fun. I'm just saying I don't get see the need for this "i ain't even touching this" approach, it could be an enjoyable step up to the experience even if you bought it for the single player story, which is already boned.

If we could go back to a time where the gaming industry gave a shit about a finished product that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Way to completely miss the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    AFK banging hot chicks.
    Sure thing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Am I able to complete all sidequests, fishing related games, hunts, etc in Chapter 9 so I can then speed roll to the end starting with the Secretaries Estate?

Also, holy moley the Adamantoise took forever to kill, and yes I did the Airdance strategy for as long as it would let me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Am I able to complete all sidequests, fishing related games, hunts, etc in Chapter 9 so I can then speed roll to the end starting with the Secretaries Estate?
    There are certain things you can only do/get in Chapter 15, after you beat the game and use Umbra to go back in time. Honestly it's best just to finish everything after you beat the game. The only thing you can get locked out of is, I think, a recipe you can only get by camping in Chapter 12. There might be a couple other recipes (time-sensitive) you can only get before you beat the game too, so maybe look up a guide for that and do the ones you can do before you finish.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All the worthwhile gear and recipehs don't get unlocked until chapter 15 after you finish the story for the first time. But even then, you don't need them at all to finish off the final story boss. Just for optional bosses and 'endgame content'.