Closed Thread
Page 272 of 285 FirstFirst ... 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Nope those weapon specific abilities are all gone. It's just a game of wear whatever gives you the highest str and go hold circle until everything is dead.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Weapon-specific skills made the battle system too complicated. Duh.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It's just a game of wear whatever gives you the highest str and go hold circle until everything is dead.
    Which seems like a case of "Wear your strongest weapon that isn't an Armiger and then equip three Armigers for stat boosts thus far.

But yeah, shit is fucked. Hopefully the story picks up at some point instead of showing me something I don't know wtf it is in a cutscene, and then having to have the boy band fill me in via idle discussion afterwards while running around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Which seems like a case of "Wear your strongest weapon that isn't an Armiger and then equip three Armigers for stat boosts thus far.

But yeah, shit is fucked. Hopefully the story picks up at some point instead of showing me something I don't know wtf it is in a cutscene, and then having to have the boy band fill me in via idle discussion afterwards while running around.
    But how else will you know Ignis has a new recipe?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hearing that the Comrades Beta will be taken off the markets after Aug. 8th. Also, apparently there's a secret mission if you beat any of the three fast enough.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Square Enix sale on PSN atm

FFXV Digital Premium is about 41$ Canadian
    and Normal FFXV is about 26$ Canadian.

I Know i didnt fully gave this game a chance first time I played it, but for 26$ for the premium version (I have a 15$ card in my wallet is it a good idea?)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you're feeling like that I'd say just wait. That shit is going to be super cheap later on, FF games go down in prices like crazy (maybe not on psn, but physical copies, at least here)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    If you're feeling like that I'd say just wait. That shit is going to be super cheap later on, FF games go down in prices like crazy (maybe not on psn, but physical copies, at least here)
    I was wondering since 50% is kinda alot already

Like the premium is 90$ ish in canada atm

Could get it for like 26$

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Finally got to play Choco Mog Carnival since they brought it back :D (just for meeee)
    (probably, right?)

It was actually a fairly enjoyable few hours. Well I get all oozy when shit is all lit up normally, so it works for me in a game too. I only felt bad that Noct was all alone and trying to show off to no one Just like a real carnival/theme park, the best part is the atmosphere. I didn't really like most of the minigames, except the fishing (yess fishhinnng). It was pretty fun to go around getting all the exclusive items from the fishing/cooking/chocobo racing. The quests were kind of cute but the chasing chocobo chicks one drove me nuts lol. Also WTF Kenny Crow.

Overall, not bad. I wish they'd do a similar thing again but with all the bros along rather than just Noct.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

How do I access that? I'm in Chapter 15 for reference.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I believe:

download and install the holiday pack from the Playstation Store, which includes some festive attire and a "ticket" for the carnival. Then go to "special" on your main menu.

If you have a season pass, it should already be included and you can just hit "special".

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Once you have the DLC downloaded, you access the event from the main menu, not from in-game. You can use your most recent save file on it and it'll just transfer whatever items you get from the event to your normal save. I remember you can get all the weapon upgrade items from the event (I think), some magic crafting items and there's also this egg key item or normal item or whatever that didn't have a use but people figure will eventually hatch in a future update that you should try to get just in case.

Other then that, there are a few mini games, some chocobo racing, a fireworks show (where you get the egg from) and yeah. Think of it like an FFXIV seasonal event, not necessarily crucial but a nice enough distraction for an hour or two.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I know also of people don't like him, but some interesting theorycrafting:

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Other then that, there are a few mini games, some chocobo racing, a fireworks show (where you get the egg from) and yeah. Think of it like an FFXIV seasonal event, not necessarily crucial but a nice enough distraction for an hour or two.

Don't forget the homoerotic scene between carbuncle and noctis

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

When I do those special timed quests, 1 of the things it says I can't use is Carbuncle. Even though I've beat the game I've never seen or acquired him. How is that?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

When I do those special timed quests, 1 of the things it says I can't use is Carbuncle. Even though I've beat the game I've never seen or acquired him. How is that?
    Carbuncle only pops up if you're near death in easy mode.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I know also of people don't like him, but some interesting theorycrafting:

Fanfic authors had this stuff all figured out since the game came out lol He's basically ripping wholesale from what people have been writing for ages.
    (minus that Ravatogh stuff - pretty sure Ravatogh always smoked like that though)

BG Level

pcmr

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-...he-pc-in-2018/
    ...The PC version of Final Fantasy XV will come with 4K high-resolution textures, support for Dolby Atmos, and will feature some NVIDIA GameWorks effects (such as NVIDIA TurfEffects for realistic grass simulation, NVIDIA Hairworks, NVIDIA Flow, NVIDIA HFTS shadows and NVIDIA VXAO)...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So the PC edition is really FFXV: Bishie HD Version.

Dat hair and grass doh.