RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Fuck. People need to learn to read subtitles. Cheaper then hiring English speaking dubs.
    No thanks. Shitty english >>>> Language I don't understand. All these weebs need to gtfo with their glorious Nippon bs.

Not that its shitty here, it's mostly alright.

Good fkin Luck getting dual Audio for console kids. I'm not sure how much those BR disks hold, but man has to be pushing the limit with uncompressed audio.

Altough, if they're smart and looking at what's happening to them now with Xiii PC releases, they should totally implement an optional download via PSN.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can see it now... new disc reading problems on multi-layered blu rays just like the PS2 & DVDs. Has any game used a dual/triple/quad layer blu-ray yet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Good fkin Luck getting dual Audio for console kids. I'm not sure how much those BR disks hold, but man has to be pushing the limit with uncompressed audio.

Altough, if they're smart and looking at what's happening to them now with Xiii PC releases, they should totally implement an optional download via PSN.
    Lightning Returns had downloadable Japanese audio tracks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe it just something literally lost in translation, but Noctis's VA sounds surprised when they see the Adamantoise wake up. I'm having a hard time deciding if it's him being a sheltered prince and not seeing much of the world, or these creatures are not native to their current world and they're surprised something like this is here.

Half of the voices fit and half dont. It isn't terrible, there has been much worse both in FF and gaming in general. Need to see more of the characters and longer than one sentence to really get a grasp.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

The combat doesn't seem too interesting :/. Everything disjoint, just swapping weapons for different maneuvers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Audio seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    The combat doesn't seem too interesting :/. Everything disjoint, just swapping weapons for different maneuvers.
    I doubt the battle system is anywhere near ready for them to show the real thing, but this is what I'd be worried about. Most of the battle scenes they've shown look like they're filled with little cut-scenes or something - high delay.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The issue lies in that myself and a large amount of the fanbase will demand nothing short of a masterpiece considering how long it's been in development. I'm sure they'll make the wise decision by including a JP voice track as DLC.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Best way to fix this?

Dual Audio, everyone is happy
    Unless the game has no FMVs, or lowered quality of them I can't see this happening. XIII-1 took up 46gb on PS3. SE can't into FMVs with multiple audio tracks either if the PC port was a sign of things.

There's going to be a boatload more space taken up with the 3d graphical assets this time around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    The issue lies in that myself and a large amount of the fanbase will demand nothing short of a masterpiece.
    You understand this is SE? The company that understands how horrible they're doing and continues to make terrible decisions every day. I said fuck this game when I saw they were using it to sell Type-0. Its a great business decision if its an amazing demo… Those Voice actors to those faces don't go together perfectly, i think SE should have taken the time to sync the lips with the voices or make a formal trailer to announce english voice overs with proper editing and stuff it may have made it better.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Still hate that bitch's lips

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Voices are fine. This FF is looking ridiculously sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Fuck. People need to learn to read subtitles. Cheaper then hiring English speaking dubs.
    Most companies seem to do a shit job compared to fansubs. And I've played some games where they didn't translate shit in fight sequences... that was just dumb. I'm ok with playing games with dubs.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Annoying voices is worse
    What's more annoying that hearing shit you can't understand?

The voices sound fine.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dual audio is best but I prefer watching something in the language it was made in. Be it movies or video games. There is few good dubs. It's like wanting Pan's Labyrinth in fucking English when it is perfectly fine in Spanish and most likely better.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the voices are ok..
    except maybe Nocts. not used to it yet and he sounds like hes trying to be batman lol.

it sounds a lot less kiddish silly than the JP voices (and i understand japanese, so its not just about how cool it sounds)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Dual audio is best but I prefer watching something in the language it was made in. Be it movies or video games. There is few good dubs. It's like wanting Pan's Labyrinth in fucking English when it is perfectly fine in Spanish and most likely better.
    This guy gets it. I come from Portuguese, so it's not a fucking Weeaboo thing

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I need a baaattthhhh.

That shit had me cracking up.

Anyways, I'm not going to judge voice acting of an entire game based off of a two and a half minute trailer. This is likely the first thing they dubbed just to get something out. I think the voices will grow on me and improve once they get settled. Doing the lines out of context and in context is going to make a big difference, not to mention that in previous interviews they talked about having the VA's in the same room doing lines to kinda get that "broship, or bromance" feel.

It feels weird right now since all we had were the JP voices. It needs time to grow.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    "I don't know what they're saying, or how they're saying it, but I'm gonna assume it was said better than it would have been in English."

To be fair most english voice actors are terribad. They pretty much do it like they're having a normal conversation, rather than dramatizing their speech in the right places so that it fits the character better.

This isn't reality, it's a fantasy game. character personalities are exaggerated, so why shouldn't the voices be exaggerated to match it? That's basically the reason why i prefer JP subtitles, at least japan voice actors really know not to hold back on the drama.

That said, there ARE occasionally good english voice actors, but to have most of the cast be that way, not so much. the original FMA is pretty much the only one I can think of that did it right.

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast