+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 269 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 5377
  1. #101
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8

    Well given the last trailer they released it looks like they have their HUD complete, and have the game running on an engine that works, all that's left for them I'd say is major cutscenes, fleshing out the storyline, designing and creating the zones, and level progression and skill systems, and then after that whatever else they feel like adding, so far they've shown us a city rendered fully in the game with interaction against a behemoth and an small open area what could take place outside of that city.

    I'd say no more then 9 - 10 months of full dedicated work on the game, 1 month to debug the game and make sure everything is working, short term, I'd say a year from when they give us any information saying they're going full throttle on the game and not working on any major side projects to deviate from the games canon crew, i.e. Kingdom Hearts seems to be the only thing that could step in the way of that, and with 3D in the works, after that we can only hope they go back to fully working on the title like they said they would after XIII-2.

  2. #102
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,018
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Biggest ongoing troll in the gaming industry right now is this game.

  3. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Diablo 3 says hi

  4. #104
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,018
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Diablo 3 says hi
    At least D3 is in BETA, releasing within the next few months and is a ton more complicated to make than versus 13 when you incorporate onlineplay which means you have to have a really secure product especially when a RMAH is involved, can't even compare the two. Versus 13 is becoming the new dukenukem, hell, versus 13 has already reached laughing stock status.

  5. #105
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    People have paid for, and are currently paying for FFXIV. Sure seems tough to top that ongoing troll.

  6. #106
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    At least D3 is in BETA, releasing within the next few months and is a ton more complicated to make than versus 13 when you incorporate onlineplay which means you have to have a really secure product especially when a RMAH is involved, can't even compare the two. Versus 13 is becoming the new dukenukem, hell, versus 13 has already reached laughing stock status.
    They've been saying "next few months" for the last 4, and now all they're saying is "oh we'll give you a 2 month heads up when we'll release it." and Leaving it at that, a total blank face, shoot for quarter 2 when it's most likely going to be pushed back to a holiday season just to "sell more" when it probably wont improve sales dramatically.

  7. #107
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    well, they gave us a 2 month heads up alright. may 15..

    but i think VS13 is better in that it makes no attempt in saying 'coming soon' and instead makes disclaimers like.. not coming this year.

  8. #108
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8

    Well, I'll just go eat my own words then. Not fair wasn't expecting them to say anything anytime soon.

  9. #109
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,243
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    why is cloud and zack back?
    little late, but lol

  10. #110

  11. #111
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8

    Ofcoures it wouldn't Nomura is grinding his dick all over KH.

  12. #112
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,918
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    The bump got me excited, but now i'm wondering what in the fuck are they doing over at Square-Enix at the moment. There's a lot of stuff that's a no-show.

  13. #113
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Surprised XIV didn't get any mentions. Apart from that if there isn't a main series FF (or main lineage spinoff) in the line up it's really pretty weak

  14. #114

    Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    The bump got me excited, but now i'm wondering what in the fuck are they doing over at Square-Enix at the moment. There's a lot of stuff that's a no-show.
    Besides slowly going bankrupt? Possibly funding a bunch of anime.

  15. #115
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    They aren't going bankrupt anytime soon.

    But if they don't drastically restructure their production pipeline they're going to continue to see their stock fall as they fail to deliver again and again on 6+ year old promises.

    And I could swear XIV is due for a 2.0 roadshow/console release guesstimate sometime soon.

  16. #116
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,785
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    They aren't going bankrupt anytime soon.

    But if they don't drastically restructure their production pipeline they're going to continue to see their stock fall as they fail to deliver again and again on 6+ year old promises.

    And I could swear XIV is due for a 2.0 roadshow/console release guesstimate sometime soon.
    XIV 2.0 comes out just before or just after Tokyo game show (betting a few days after) so them sneaky SE folks are keeping the info til then

  17. #117
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,161
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    XIV 2.0 will be at E3, that website just failed to include it for whatever reason in list of things being shown.

  18. #118
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    XIV 2.0 will be at E3, that website just failed to include it for whatever reason in list of things being shown.
    Probably because it's a list of playable games. XIV 2.0 will only get a trailer.

  19. #119
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,918
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Probably because it's a list of playable games. XIV 2.0 will only get a trailer.
    ORLY? Thats neat, maybe we can expect some info then?

  20. #120
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Yeah. It's on the roadmap for E3 trailer, and has been mentioned by yoshi-p a number of times

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy XV (still rumor for now)
    By Kurokikaze in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2012-07-28, 09:10
  2. Final Fantasy VII - News
    By Kaddisfly in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2008-08-04, 22:31