Closed Thread
Page 7 of 285 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Yeah. It's on the roadmap for E3 trailer, and has been mentioned by yoshi-p a number of times
    Now that I think about it, it was planned since last October in the 2.0 docs. I was mostly talking about the playable games thing. Maybe we'll get to see some versus footage, or maybe a FF Type-0 announcement for Westerners.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Now that I think about it, it was planned since last October in the 2.0 docs. I was mostly talking about the playable games thing. Maybe we'll get to see some versus footage, or maybe a FF Type-0 announcement for Westerners.
    Type 0 is almost a given, especially considering play.com leaked the existence of an HD port on Vita. It'll most likely be shown/announced during Sony's conference.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Type 0 is almost a given, especially considering play.com leaked the existence of an HD port on Vita. It'll most likely be shown/announced during Sony's conference.
    The Type-0 HD thing was beyond fake according to 5 seconds in google search. Type-0 english release is inevitable.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    The Type-0 HD thing was beyond fake according to 5 seconds in google search. Type-0 english release is inevitable.
    Well, all the latest releases seem to be popping up on the PSN, so i'm certain its coming to Vita. It'll be interesting to see if they just have a PSVita/PSP release or if they'll actually make an HD version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Type 0 on Vita is inevitable. The PSP is dead and SE won't release the game on it or they'd have already announced it. Both Theatrythm and KH 3D have confirmed release dates for US/EU and they were released after Type 0 in Japan. We know that they're working on a western version for sure, there's no reason to keep it hidden unless they're moving the game onto another platform.
    Why they didn't simply delay the game and release it on Vita to begin with is a mistery but w/e. The PSP is still strong in Japan so that's probably a reason but I'd be pretty pissed if I were one of them and a Vita version with more content is announced a few months after release.

Cross-posting and a bit of a necro but...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

wait wut?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

WII-U! WII-U! WII-U! WII-U!

Someone call the waaaambulance because I know this is going to be a shitstorm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

Someone call the waaaambulance because I know this is going to be a shitstorm.
    no reason to even give a shit since its not WII-U exclusive

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

Also people need to stop being fucking suckers about alleged leaks in the week leading up to E3.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guys it's clearly fake :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Guys it's clearly fake :/
    I'm really not so sure.

It's uncommon for any game, let alone a top-tier title, let alone a Square title, let alone a Nintendo, to get an E3 reveal before a TGS or Japanese press conference announcement, but not unheard of.

Square has said info on Versus would be likely before the end of the year. This gives Square (and really Nintendo and Sony) 3 months after E3 to round out some rough edges (if this announcement is true) for a full blown announcement come TGS.

The quality of the video is consistent throughout. This could have easily been a small pre-E3 presser for Square, Nintendo, or Sony people (or all 3) just to let them know what they'll be talking about at E3.

FFXIII-Versus always did look a touch fishy to me for a FF main series title. Square could have been trolling us all along with the Versus simply being a project code.

They were also handled with two different development teams. And it would also explain why XIII-Versus has been "vaporware" for a good while, with SE not wanting it on top of XIII-2.

If this is true, I would be more surprised that the Wii U can handle crystal tools so well moreso than it being on the Wii U. SE's been floating putting main franchise titles on Nintendo consoles for a while and surpsied everyone a bit I think with DQ 9/10. This would be a natural progression. It would also hedge SE's bets about DQ10 not being a traditional title.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But it is an English trailer.... and there's the CERO symbol which is the japanese rating system. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the whole thing is rehashed from past Versus trailers and it's in Japanese with English subtitles (one of the lines is even missing a dot).
    Also the speaker apparently announces a release date of sorts but it's not in the actual trailer... that really makes no sense.
    And to add more doubts there was a pic "leaked" a few days ago showing an invitation to this event that was supposed to unveil the new FF game and "announcement" was spelled wrong twice lol.
    Sorry but SE has better quality standards than this and they surely have never announced a main title in this way, let alone have it leak a week before E3/TGS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

But it is an English trailer.... and there's the CERO symbol which is the japanese rating system. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the whole thing is rehashed from past Versus trailers and it's in Japanese with English subtitles (one of the lines is even missing a dot).
    Also the speaker apparently announces a release date of sorts but it's not in the actual trailer... that really makes no sense.
    And to add more doubts there was a pic "leaked" a few days ago showing an invitation to this event that was supposed to unveil the new FF game and "announcement" was spelled wrong twice lol.
    Sorry but SE has better quality standards than this and they surely have never announced a main title in this way, let alone have it leak a week before E3/TGS.
    You sure the trailer is in english? I'm pretty sure I hear japanese when Noctus gets up from his chair and walks across the room.

Id be inclined to agree with you otherwise, but we also don't know how hastily this announcement may have been cobbled together. Maybe Nintendo nudged in last second and wanted something done now so when they talk Wii U they can be like "Oh yeah, theres FFXV too..." and even get a small jump on Sony. Or maybe vise-versa and Square said "hey, we're bleeding money...help us out a bit and we can have something ready for you by E3" and this all took place on short order.

But then again that begs the question as to why the switch from XIII_Versus to XV now and not TGS? It's uncommon, but again there have been big name titles announced at E3 before TGS.

I'm only saying we've got less than a week to really find out. Chances are its bogus, but there is just enough circumstance and possibility lending to this being true that I'm not about to dismiss it entirely. id say 70% false 30% true right now. Most of these hoaxes are pretty blatant...and it is old footage but again I wouldnt be surprised (again, if this is true) to have Square give the nod to Nitendo to say something now and then let Sony/Square do a full unveil at TGS.

Edit: In looking at the trailer again...near the end when the logo appears. The japanese used below it HAS been changed from 13 to 15. But it fades out in a really weird way. First the japanese text, then the main logo and then a split second later the picture. On top of that the closing "phrase" appears on top of the background picture and the CERO logo is normally on the bottom right correct?

But if you're going to perpetuate this as a hoax...wouldnt you know all that already?

I really don't know...theres still something about this though that sounds like its crazy enough to be true. I remember a few people were gaffawing when Star Ocean 4 was announced for the 360 but that announcement originally felt the same as I feel about this right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What I mean is that this being E3 makes the trailer an English one because E3 is in LA. Having the CERO logo is just wrong because you'd have the T,M or whatever instead.
    Plus SE wouldn't make a trailer like this anyway, there's nothing new in it other than the name change.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's a few German students fucking around and fabricating fake news so their crappy blog gets page hits. They deleted my comment and blocked me on the video which further proves it (as if it isn't obvious enough).

The name change is feasible (though I think if they did change it, it'd be to another spin off title like Type-0). Hell, it going multi-plat is too, but if they did go multi-plat there's almost no way they wouldn't put it out on the 360 too. But seriously, all they did was take some old footage we've seen before, slap on a new edited logo and play it infront of a few friends in an empty college classroom. There's plenty wrong with both the trailer and the situation as a whole that to come to any conclusion other than a horrible fake is crazy talk.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol good effort tho

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

The Germans are always trolling. First the jews, then the greeks, and now, the world.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah in sleeping on it and looking at a few other older trailers, feeling like its a fake now.

Damn, would have been nice. Moreso for the fact that Wii U would have been able to run crystal tools so well than a main FF title on a Nintendo console again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's also the fact that Versus is not using Crystal Tools exclusively but Nomura said a while ago that some effects have been redone using the new Luminous Engine.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 285 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast