Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would imagine it's getting converted to FFXV.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Posted some thoughts about a possible Versus -> XV shift in the XV rumor thread.

Feel free to rip it apart, but some of it does make sense to me.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

That pretty much what I think will happen... Some resources from Versus will be used in XV.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Game that had little to do with FFXIII might be getting shoveled into its own setting instead of oddly pasted into some "general FFXIII mythos"?

Golly, color me surprised. Should've never been labeled under FFXIII in the first place.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I would imagine it's getting converted to FFXV.
    my thoughts exactly.
    VS13 was of that calibre and scale already.

to axe the project and not salvage any of that would be a shame, and extremely stupid.

If it doesn't show up as XV, you can be sure to see traces of it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Game that had little to do with FFXIII might be getting shoveled into its own setting instead of oddly pasted into some "general FFXIII mythos"?

Golly, color me surprised. Should've never been labeled under FFXIII in the first place.
    I concur. The stupid thing about the FNC project being strung together by the same general mythos is that they seemed to forget that the ENTIRE MAIN FF FRANCHISE was built on the same principle.

therefore, when a VS13 has no relation story-wise with FF13 at all, it really is as good as just being another numbered FF in terms of its relation.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Versus will become 13-3? It has the same mythos and on the same planet correct? Meh just reaching now I guess

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd imagine 13-3 will be the sequel to 13-2.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I know but they can use all the areas and enemies and just alter the story and copy paste the gang in from FFXIII. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So the reliable source is Kotaku?.... Really?
    Sorry guys I'm not believing this one bit. Kotaku is the farthest thing from a reliable source of information and anything they say is false by default.
    Funny how no one has heard of this but Kotaku has like 3 different "anonymous" sources telling them the same things? Lol yeah, sure.
    And no, it won't be converted into XV because that would not only be a huge slap in the face to fans but also a terrible move. Versus is way too similar to XIII in settings and overall visuals, fans won't be happy if XV is more of the same. There are also completely different kind of rumors regarding XV and I think those are way more reliable than Kotaku anyway.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

while i agree about the reliability of Kotaku in general.. i wholly disagree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Versus is way too similar to XIII in settings and overall visuals, fans won't be happy if XV is more of the same.
    Versus and XIII have nothing in common.

XIII and Versus XIII in comparison..

setting: Futuristic <-> modern
    technology: Futuristic with widespread magic <-> modern
    fashion: Modern / Futuristic with traces of tribal <-> Italian-influenced fashion, modern suits with high fashion streetwear.
    architecture: Modern / Futuristic <-> Modern International style and generally looking like certain parts of Tokyo.
    interior decor: Modern / Futuristic <-> Modern with Italian Neoclassical

and there are so many other elements to consider. saying VS and XIII are similar in setting and visual is like saying Underworld is similar to Twilight

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Well whatever the outcome, the stock has already taken a nosedive. Fucking Kotaku. Although, the NIKKEI225 took a beating yesterday so that could have made matters worse. DJIA is also taking a massive beating today.

This'll force SE's hand to respond if they want to stop the downward spiral but the fact that they went a whole day without acknowledging the rumor is bad enough. Other sources say that the game was supposed to be shown at TGS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why should they even respond? It's Kotaku ffs. I'm actually surprised that every damn gaming site is reporting this bs like some confirmed fact given by God himself.
    It really sucks that it's having direct consequences... Kotaku should just burn in a fire.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Who cares if it's Kotaku. It's giving a bad rep to a company that hasn't had much success lately and their investors are losing money. Personally I'm not sure how long I'll hold if this keeps up. ;x

Edit: Also this: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/23/lu...several-other/

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why should they even respond? It's Kotaku ffs. I'm actually surprised that every damn gaming site is reporting this bs like some confirmed fact given by God himself.
    It really sucks that it's having direct consequences... Kotaku should just burn in a fire.
    The moment I heard it was from Kotaku I immediately ignored it. That place is a shithole for gaming news. They just entered full production on it in what September of last year? A game of that caliber is going to take a while to develop. I'd rather they take their time and release information when its ready. SE doesn't need another flop.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    has rights to a "system and method for preventing unauthorized access to electronic data,"
    if the game at any time communicates with a centrally owned server to legitimize its license, Uniloc contends that it violates the patent.
    Seems legit.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Code:
    RT @yoichiw: ヴェルサスがキャンセルされたってデマ流してるやつがいるらしい。フフ..たった今ヴェルサス定例会議が終わったとこ。今日プレゼンされた街なんぞ見たら腰抜かすでぇ~w
    Wada says that FFvXIII isn't cancelled?

@ Hey: Not sure what you mean there... I'm just relaying the information.

Edit: Let the games begin! http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3120

Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy Versus XIII remains in development.

A comment from Yoichi Wada has been provided in light of recent rumors that suggested work on the title had ceased, with various elements now being retooled for Final Fantasy XV.

On Twitter he laughed at rumors of Versus XIII’s cancelation, going on to say that today the team just finished their regular staff meeting on the game, which included a presentation on some of the game’s towns that he took part in.

“It seems someone is spreading a false rumor about Versus being canceled. Heh, just a few moments ago a regularly scheduled meeting for Versus ended. If you were to see the city etc. presented today, you’d wouldn’t be able to stand from surprise, lol.”

So there you have it. Straight from the top.
    Though they gotta do something else to ease players... We haven't heard some solid info on this game in almost a year.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not bad. i expected this to force SE's hand at revealing the status of VS13 and it actually did.
    don't think Wada had a choice when this rumor was big enough to potentially affect stock prices.

you gotta love twitter for being a convenient informal channel to announce things in a hush way...

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Honestly surprised they let this rumor go as far as it did.. But yeah, come the fuck on, shit has been in development since 2006, should at least have been releasing updates every (or every other) E3/TGS/anything.

At least I can be cautiously optimistic again instead of disappointed.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

All I get from this is the same feeling I got from Polyphony spending 6+ years developing the flop that was Gran Turismo 5, especially when compared to Forza, which had a third of the development time, but was a far, far, far superior game. I look at D3 and I get the same vibe. More time spent does not equal a better product, especially when you spend so much time that you can completely miss out on features that have since become standard long after you started working on the core of your game. This shit needs to be out already, or, at the very least, we need to be receiving verification that it is speeding around the last corner and headed for the finish line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

See? Just a bunch of bs as usual. Anyone believing anything coming out of Kotaku is simply an idiot and this includes every gaming site that reported this stuff in the last few days.
    I agree that we need new info on the game (and actual sources say that we will at TGS) but coming up with stupid rumors to get hits is not the way to go.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 285 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast