Closed Thread
Page 3 of 285 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I wish people would just get off SE's Back. Yes they have been fucking up a lot(ala ff14) but their normal games have been decent.

FF13 was not the best FF game, but it was good. This is not a west RPG they are not the same. They seem to be improving on what they did, I see noting wrong. Till we see more gameplay stop saying it sucks.

Demons souls was epic, no one is saying its not. maybe DS will still be better. But FF13 sold well, many people enjoyed it. any changes made to better the system will only make it that much better.

JRPG =/ WRPG
    yes, this is how succesful it was in Japan
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...-now-5-94-off/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...op-1-million/1

Most sold in one week ever for FF history.

so.... ya it did not do as good in japan? but did that not have to do with them making to many?

edit: it could also be because the game has zero replay value. To me anyways. Once I beat it I had little drive to replay it. Unlike most FF games really.

New Odin
    BG Level

The sales of FF games always tank after the first few weeks in Japan. It's nothing amazing.

Although it still sold less than XII did there. Overall sales are higher though.

I wonder which is more profitable for them, the main franchise or the PSP games. I bet the production costs are much lower but they still sell in the millions (2 mil for Dissidia)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Id be willing to think the PSP is a bigger money maker(based on proportion of price/sales). Remakes are cheap. The real reason to make big title games for SE is to keep up their name. (and add a new game to remake again at some point when its cheaper, or a spin off like FFX-2 that is cheaper to make)

my guess anyways.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    yes, this is how succesful it was in Japan
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...-now-5-94-off/
    This nig really just posted Sankaku Complex in a non-troll post in an attempt to make a point. Lol.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh man, I didn't even notice that. Fuckin' lol. Linking xxxxx.sankakucomplex.xxxxxxxx should be a bannable offense.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    This nig really just posted Sankaku Complex in a non-troll post in an attempt to make a point. Lol.
    Was thinking the same shit as I read that... lol

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    IDK what you're trying to say. At first you compare, then you say it's not comparable. Not to mention they seem like 2 completely dif. games That's like saying after playing SSF4, Gran Turismo doesn't impress me at all. Well, if you had to compare this to anything (...).
    Yeah, no. Don't exaggerate, GT and SF lol, come on now. One is a dark and relentless-play-by-the-rules-or-you're-fucked action rpg, and the other looks like an emo-smashing-action rpg. If the latter is your cup of coffee, then by all means enjoy~ HOWEVER, I've been spoiled by a more unforgiving and methodical type of game and won't go back to mindless smashing shit, and therefore I'm not impressed. Clear enough now? Wat.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He's going to bring XIII Versus DOWN.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Trailer released in HD today by SE.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Noctis sucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This looks like a fun video game to play.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

When is this due release, my god its everything FFXIII should have been, fucking 360/development costs/world wide shitty economy/flying spaghetti monster.

edit:
    anyone else curious of the absence of the traditional final fantasy anthem in FF13 and vs13? It's hard for me to pick up FF13, pop it in, go downstairs to get something to drink, come back up hearing the game tracks playing through the opening sequence and not hearing its familiar chimes playing, and know whats playing in the next room.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    When is this due release, my god its everything FFXIII should have been, fucking 360/development costs/world wide shitty economy/flying spaghetti monster.
    They lined up XIII-2 and Type-0 for this year (at least in japan) and said to "forget versus for a while" so maybe next year.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Mah' man has made it quite clear that he doesn't like the 360 very much.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

FML you telling me I gotta go back and complete that game now? Ugh..

I don't think I have to play it over for any trophy so at least thats ok. Just mass grindage.

Edit: Shit wrong thread.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm more interested in versus 13 at this point until I see what they have improved on with 13-2 from 13. I thought 13 was just ok, kinda felt rushed to me imo, I thought it could have been way more epic than it was.

Versus 13 is supposed to be getting back to the roots of the game with a full world to free-roam and have some sort of "airship" to fly around to explore, this excites me the most. Hopefully I'm not trolling myself for being kinda excited over versus 13 and it lives up to my expectations.

SE has been trolling pretty hard over the past 10 or so years.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Whats up with fighting Behemoths in cities? Reminded me of Crisis Core.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No idea where to put this so...

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...f_versus_xiii/

Tetsuya Nomura Discusses Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Famitsu impressed with new lighting technology in screenshots we won't get to see for a while.
    Tetsuya Nomura promised a brief update on Final Fantasy Versus XIII for this week's Famitsu. He provided a bit more than that, devoting a full one page of his four page interview with the magazine to the game. Here's some of what he said, as summed up at FF-Reunion.

Much of the discussion was about the game's event scenes. As with most games, there are two types of event scenes in Versus: pre-rendered and real time. The difference about the Versus real time scenes is that they're all controllable. They decided to get rid of the non controllable real time cut scenes in order to keep the play from stopping.

Regarding the controllable cut scenes, Nomura said to expect more natural expression as opposed to the game-like expression of past games. He also mentioned some sort of new system for this area, something that he feels has never been done before.

(The FF-Reunion summary says that Nomura said something about the cut scenes being more like an FPS than an RPG, but the context of the statement is a bit unclear so I'd suggest waiting for a more detailed summary.)

Nomura debuted three new screenshots for Famitsu's editors -- just for the editors, as Square Enix apparently won't let screens be shown to the general public. Famitsu was impressed, saying that they couldn't believe what they were looking at was real time.

The three screenshots included a scene of an Italy-like city showing Noctis looking up at a behemoth, an afternoon shot of Noctus on what appeared to be the side of the highway, and the same highway shot but at night. The signs on the highway apparently say "Meguro," which is a region of Tokyo (As far as I know the game doesn't actually take place in our world, although this isn't the first time a real world name has been found in the game).

One reason the game may look so good is because there are only minimal differences between the game's high and low quality models. According to Nomura, they've kept the high and low quality models the same, with exception to the greater hair detail in the high quality versions.

The inclusion of Takeshi Nozue on the staff also helped, said Nomura. Nozue was able to apply use his pre-rendering knowhow on the game's real time scenes, specifically with regards to lighting technology.

Famitsu noted that the screenshots looked like real photos. Nomura replied with an aside that you can take pictures in the game. Noctis has a cell phone, and you can take pics wherever you like.

Regarding when we'll get to see the images that Famitsu's editors were shown, Nomura just said we'll have to wait a bit. He also noted that areas we've already been shown now have the new lighting technology, so we'll have to wait to see these as well.

Moving on to a general development update, Nomura siad that because they're trying out a lot of new challenges, the development staff is still focused on the core members. However, they're making preparations to enter full production.

They're also gradually recording the game's voices. Regarding the recording, Nomura said that there are many scenes where the four male characters are engaged in realistic conversation, with their voices overlapping. These scenes are being recorded by having the four voice actors together on the recording session simultaneously.

So when will we get our next bit of Versus XIII info? Nomura said that the timing for the next reveal has been set, but he would not say when. For the next update, though, he said that they'd like to deliver it along with some good information.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 285 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast