Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 235 275 283 284 285
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haven't played any of the episodes and I'm on ch12. Will any of these episodes enhance the story before I finish the game or should I wait?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You are already well beyond the point where their stories would have any impact. You might as well do them and enjoy the added content they supply.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thats what I was hoping. Thanks.

Kinda left finishing the game on the backburner hoping I'll get more out of it with additional story.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Sigh, Episode Ignis is so good I've already gotten all the trophies for it.
    Why wasn't this shit in the main game though? So frustrating. Every time a new DLC comes out it ends up being so good with so much vital story bits, that you have to wonder why it took a year for them to get their shit together and add it and whether it was only a money grab issue for the DLC sake, or if they really didn't know how to flush it out early on and took them this long to figure their shit out.
    From what Tabata has said in interviews, they actually wanted to delay and push back the release of the game by another half a year to fix shit and add in more but the corporate side of SE forced them to release the original game when they did. I dunno if they still have the same full team working on this (I doubt they do considering KH3 and FFVII-Remake and probably FFXVI too), but a smaller team would make it understandable why they are releasing these patches with such a large gap in-between each one.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Xenoblade 2 has dominated my playtime recently >_>;. Going to have to make some time for Episode Ignis this weekend. I have high expectations for this DLC.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Supposedly they're getting better and better. I wouldn't know because the only bonus content I've touched so far is the Chocobo festival and the Assassin's Creed festival because they're limited time onry. I just want all the story DLC additions to be released before I do another new full play through of it all +_+

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Story wise Episode Prompto was a lot more fleshed out than Episode Gladio was for sure.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Episode Iggy is the shit. It was a nice change of pace going from feeling weak as Prompto to the OP beast that is Ignis.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

All I could keep screaming while playing the DLC was PIKACHUUUUU. Also fuck fighting Noct.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Episode Ignis was absolute amazing. The extra verse is now canon in my head. Forever.

I will not spoil it. But damnit it makes me wish this game actually had branching paths.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Episode Ignis was absolute amazing. The extra verse is now canon in my head. Forever.

I will not spoil it. But damnit it makes me wish this game actually had branching paths.
    Spoiler: show
    It is canon, just an alternate reality of sorts. Will be my main-canon headcannon though for sure.

So I tried comrades over the weekend and holy shit after not playing this game again for so long does it feel absolutely awful and unresponsive. I wonder how I ever got through the main game in the first place.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Started a playthrough a few days ago, since all the episodes are out and wanted to replay it after all the patches. Made it to town:
    Altissia
    and finished the section. Decided to play through Episode Ignis afterwards, and enjoyed it a lot, especially the scene at the end where
    Noctis and Ignis are talking at the campsite before heading into Insomnia for the final battle
    . That scene choked me up at the end. I regret playing it right after Chapter 9 though. I feel Ignis DLC should best be played after completing the full game since it spoils quite a bit of what's to come.

I still don't think highly of the game, but enjoyed Episode Gladio/Ignis so far. I should be able to re-beat the game within the next 2 days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Chapter 9, 11 and Episode Ignis spoilers:

At the beginning of the chapter 11, Ignis and Noctis are speaking on the train about what happened in Altissia. Ignis says the following, "...In the midst of the empire's retreat, one conspicuous craft remained behind: the chancellor's. The last thing I remember seeing is his ship heading for the alter. I fell unconscious... and was powerless to stop him. Seems like a big disconnect from the main game and Episode Ignis in regards to this, since we know that Ignis was already at the alter while Ardyn was present.

EDIT: Minor gripe, but you can't switch to any other character besides Noctis after chapter 9 >.>

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just bought this and all the DLC. Should I play through the game, then the dlc?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Just bought this and all the DLC. Should I play through the game, then the dlc?
    Play the game until you feel a moment that may be in the DLC (its kind of obvious for some) and play that DLC then I would say.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Play the game until you feel a moment that may be in the DLC (its kind of obvious for some) and play that DLC then I would say.
    Don't do this. While playing through the game, I would only play through Gladio's DLC. Do not play through Ignis or Prompto's DLC when they would show in the story. They spoil the end of the game, especially Ignis'.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished my replaythrough of FFXV tonight. I haven't played it since it's initial release. Did a level 1 "challenge" run for it. It wasn't hard. Only way I can see making it hard is if you use no items at all throughout the playthrough.

The core game wasn't much different from a year ago, just some minor things they added. The load times are still atrocious. Character switching was cool, but got old pretty quick since most fights don't last long enough to warrant taking the time to switch characters. That being said, aside from Noctis, I think Gladio is my favorite character to play as. Prompto's style does not suit me in the slightest. Ignis' playstyle is nice, but I leaned more towards Gladio. It also didn't help that through the playthrough, if Ignis or Prompto died, I just left them dead. The only character I bothered to ever cure, phoenix down, etc., was Gladio. Spamming Tempest is straight broken, it pretty much puts you behind an enemy, which then lets you follow up with blindside attacks and links. Not to mention the long invincibility it gives you, so if you time it when a boss/enemy is using a big attack, or you're in a large group, it's nice. Helps that it's AOE too.

I enjoyed all 3 DLC. Gameplay wise, I think Gladio's is the best, followed by Ignis'. Prompto's, not so much. Story wise, Ignis' was the best, followed by Prompto. Gladio's story in the DLC was kind of meh. My only complaint about the DLC, is in Ignis' with how it wasn't consistent with the main story (I made a spoilered post earlier regarding this). I played through chapter 13 twice, once as the original way, and then again as the Verse 2 scenario. A year later, I still don't think chapter 13 is as bad as people make it out to be, and is a nice change of pace from how the gameplay was up until this point. It also gets much better if you're able to time your dodges with the
    Ring of the Lucii
    so that you can do heavy damage.

On the initial playthrough, I'd say that the game was a ~4 or 5/10. After replaying, I'd give it a 6 or 6.5. I don't think it deserves much more than that. There's still a lot of issues with the game, it's gameplay and presentation. The characters are the best part. The synergy of the four bros is good, and Ardyn is one of my favorite FF "villains." He's pretty much a well-done Kefka to an extent.

Fun fact regarding Ardyn:
    It's hinted at early on in the story that Ardyn has the same powers that Noctis does. During chapter 5 where you infiltrate the Fortress and Ravus comes to kick your ass, Ardyn warp strikes over to Ravus. It's subtle and you only see the phasing animation and the sound effect of the warp strike.