Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hopefully the character swap thing is a precursor to that feature they mentioned where you'd be able to play as other characters in the game.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'd still rather they either fix the core story instead duct taping these bite-sized separated DLC packs in to the main menu , or work on a XV-2. They're not seeing me pay for a season pass again given how frequently XV went on sale during its first year.
    I’d prefer this too. And when the first talks of an “expansion” were floating around, this is what I hoped that expansion was.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Hopefully the character swap thing is a precursor to that feature they mentioned where you'd be able to play as other characters in the game.
    This honestly shouldn't be far off either I would imagine given they could just facelift the current comrades character creation system and throw in outfits and stuff and attach it to hunts and story quests.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just bought digital Deluxe Edition on Black Friday sale, gonna need some ELI5 here, what DLC did I get and am I gonna have to buy a new season pass for all this 2018 stuff or am I covered with what I already got?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You got what I would describe as the "fluff" DLC, additional vanity shit.

Outfit: Royal Raiment - Dress Noctis in Lucian formalwear fit for a king!
    Weapon: Masamune (FFXV) - Add the legendary Masamune to your arsenal and cut foes down to size!
    Recolor: Platinum Leviathan - Make waves wherever you go with this sleek serpentine finish!
    You need to get the season pass DLC to secure all 4 content DLCs (2017 stuff)
    You'll most likely need to buy a new season pass/the next 3 DLC separately (2018 stuff).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The next 3 episodes wont be in a season pass apparently. I am sure they will do a bunduru once all 3 are out at a discounted price that makes them worth like 3.33 each.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally cleared the bloody story, and what a beautiful mess that was. Throughout the past year, I'm still surprised they never bothered fixing three big annoyances I had with the game, which be

• Needing to be at a complete standstill when interacting with stuff, otherwise you jump
    • No multiple prompts when near multiple things. Do I want to get in the car or refuel the car while standing on the other side of it? How about that quest accept prompt which is right beside an NPC you can talk to also? Have to have that camera angle just perfect at times,
    • Car map system being different from on-foot map.

The latter being more annoying with the introduction of the offroading Regalia, since to set a mark to follow you have to get out of the car, set the mark, and get back in. You can tell the game wasn't designed for that car to exist since you can auto-drive at night until Ignis stops at some mobs blocking the road, and then you just take manual control and go around them while continuing the route.

Lucii ring also needs to either have a cooldown or drain significantly more MP once out of Chapter 13. It's ez-mode on anything not a hunt, although makes for easier farming I suppose.

At any rate, post-game time, been kinda relaxing doing Hunts and clearing out side-quests before I tackle collecting more Armigers, although some of these hunts half my level take awhile to kill. Not sure if I'm underpowered (last bosses gave me zero issues) or these are just HP bloated/high-defense. Least the game does have optional dungeons to explore (I missed near all of them since I was focusing the story), plus the post-game stuff.

Terribly presented story aside (a waste of a good world/lore) I can see players new to the PC port enjoying it more solely due to less load times when fast traveling, and having all these updates in from the get go.
    Spoiler: show
    Why did they show the campfire scene in the credits after the game ended instead of just showing it before you went to Insomnia as a calm-before-the-storm moment? They could have made a general car-ride+talk scene leading into that instead of you just interacting with a gate in Hammerhead and then suddenly being in Insomnia

Comrades still continues to be quite alright as a time killer, hope that update they mentioned does reduce the load times as they mentioned.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Shamelessly stolen from reddit about the upcoming character swap update.

You're roaming around, out for a nice time with the bois. When suddenly... a daemon appears out of nowhere!
    You are playing as Noctis, teleporting to and fro slashing with weapons of all sorts, a blur of daggers, swords and all around sharp weapons piercing from all around. Nothing can catch you!
    Quick, switch to Gladio! Now you are a tank, you raise your shield and stand in front of your allies protecting them from all harm, while the beast is distracted you let loose with your great weapon but the beast is to close for comfort!
    Now you switch to Prompto, raining down bullets in a hell fury from afar, you feel safe and calm while taking aim. Your breathing slows as you aim for the perfect weak spot. All is going well until the beast looks directly at you and you start to panic, quick it's time...
    You change to Ignis, the screen goes dark and you trip over a rock.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

In regards to campfire scene at ending of the game...

According to Noctis' voice actor in an interview, that post credit scene is them in the afterlife talking after they all died in the end.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    In regards to campfire scene at ending of the game...

According to Noctis' voice actor in an interview, that post credit scene is them in the afterlife talking after they all died in the end.
    Source on this?

I've read that the german/French/Japanese translations of the game makes the context of the scene completely different in which Noctis specifically states he's terrified to die but knows he has to. Obviously placing the scene right after leaving Hammerhead but before Insomnia.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Source on this?

I've read that the german/French/Japanese translations of the game makes the context of the scene completely different in which Noctis specifically states he's terrified to die but knows he has to. Obviously placing the scene right after leaving Hammerhead but before Insomnia.
    Can't find it, but someone posted it in this thread last year when we were all Bitching about the story and the ending. Did notice that some people pointed out Noctis doesn't have his ring anymore in that scene which supports the idea.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can't find it, but someone posted it in this thread last year when we were all Bitching about the story and the ending. Did notice that some people pointed out Noctis doesn't have his ring anymore in that scene which supports the idea.

I think I remember reading that Tabata said the ending is up for your interpretation.
    I personally don't think any of them died, except for Noctis. I think the campfire scene just takes place before heading to Insomnia. As for him not wearing the ring in that scene, he may just not like wearing it at all times, when not in combat.

EDIT: https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs...plo-1805820500

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I think I remember reading that Tabata said the ending is up for your interpretation.
    I personally don't think any of them died, except for Noctis. I think the campfire scene just takes place before heading to Insomnia. As for him not wearing the ring in that scene, he may just not like wearing it at all times, when not in combat.

EDIT: https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs...plo-1805820500
    Thanks for posting that article, glad as hell that

Chocobros survived the ending, was pretty sad when they made it look like they sacrificed themselves to give Noctis time to do his thing. Now that it is confirmed they lived, I agree with Kaisha, wtf at moving that scene at the end instead of before the final battle other then to confuse the audience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for posting that article, glad as hell that

Chocobros survived the ending, was pretty sad when they made it look like they sacrificed themselves to give Noctis time to do his thing. Now that it is confirmed they lived, I agree with Kaisha, wtf at moving that scene at the end instead of before the final battle other then to confuse the audience.
    I sort of like that scene at the end of the game. The best part of the game, in my opinion, is the banter and bromance between them all. While, I didn't care for the story much, I did enjoy the 4 bros a lot. Putting that scene at the end sort of made it a little bit more emotional, than if they played it before heading to Insomnia. It's kind of a hindsight thing. I don't recall if they mention that Noctis will definitely die before the ending, but placing it at the end after everything happens, had more impact for me atleast.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Next update is live. 13.3gb on my PS4 for whatever godly reason. Probably replacing the entire map file in the game since they apparently added to it for the next DLC.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Next update is live. 13.3gb on my PS4 for whatever godly reason. Probably replacing the entire map file in the game since they apparently added to it for the next DLC.
    Patch notes

Version 1.19 & Version 1.20:

Implementation of character swap feature (available in Ascension: Techniques)
    Conclusion of online support for Timed Quests
    Commencement of daily Timed Quests
    Addition of compatibility with EPISODE IGNIS
    Addition of pieces from MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS to music player tracklist
    Various bug fixes
    Comrades 1.1.0:

Additional trading post (behind Iris)
    Shorter loading times
    Daily quests

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For what it's worth, the downtime in Comrades is still atrocious even with supposed improved load times. AI comrades are still completely useless when you're trying to do a lesser-populated mission, shame they didn't buff them.

[EDIT] Well, 2 out of 8 attempts on a mission I'm farming for kWz broke on startup by not loading any mobs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is FFXV transitioning from SP to MMO with all this shit? lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No, Comrades is just a separate multiplayer DLC with a design that allows them to easily create more content for it since it's just glorified monster arenas.

I need to find me some no-frills guide to getting less shitty weapons though. Already got a maxed out lance/bow/katana from the earlier weapon selection, but anything else I can access seem like minor upgrades if I min/max'd. Seems more about unlocking more of the map first to get the better upgrade items to make the most of your weapon levels.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sigh, Episode Ignis is so good I've already gotten all the trophies for it.
    Why wasn't this shit in the main game though? So frustrating. Every time a new DLC comes out it ends up being so good with so much vital story bits, that you have to wonder why it took a year for them to get their shit together and add it and whether it was only a money grab issue for the DLC sake, or if they really didn't know how to flush it out early on and took them this long to figure their shit out.