Closed Thread
Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

When is Famitsu not impressed by a FF game.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

However, they're making preparations to enter full production.
    Game hasn't entered full production yet.

Release date, 2015 on the PS4 confirmed.

Nomura is the biggest troll now, he won't be out-Kojima'd by Kojima.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Regarding the recording, Nomura said that there are many scenes where the four male characters are engaged in realistic conversation, with their voices overlapping. These scenes are being recorded by having the four voice actors together on the recording session simultaneously.
    Did the Japanese just figure out they could do this?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I figure it is more that they just generally don't, so he's mentioning that this time they are doing it...

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm gonna go with yes. Did you ever notice how often dialogue in japanese games and in anime tends to pause needlessly?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Exactly my thoughts. I can't remember the last time a word overlapped another in a Japanese game/anime/etc.

I love when a character pauses mid-word mid-rant so someone can interrupt them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

In b4 crystal tools?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They do it with really good anime, but it certainly isn't common. Red Garden and Kurenai being the examples that spring to mind.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What do they mean by "enter full production?" Like, they're going to pay attention to the game and legitimately work on it?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

SE's development cycle has been re-clarified:

http://www.andriasang.com/j/blog/201...are_enix_game/

Conception
    Six months spent looking into the key features of the product and creating a prototype.
    Vertical Slice
    Six months spent making a 15 minute gameplay build at 70% quality.
    Pre-Production
    Four months spent focusing the concept by playing the vertical slice build and getting feedback. Also, creation of the "pipeline" and other areas of the development environment.
    Effectively, they're done with a 15-minute gameplay demo 'vertical slice' and are about to start building the development pipeline processes required to complete the game.

The published slide on the article http://www.andriasang.com/j/blog/201...are_enix_game/

This was August 2010, but the game in question was not identified, so there's no good measure of how long a game has left before release once it's entered this phase. There's not a lot of 'western' companies SE has jointly developed games with, but NDAs would lock such information behind a wall until games get titles, release schedules, etc. Guess away!

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

fucking bullshit I've been waiting on Versus for a long time now, mainly cause I want Normura to start on KH3... fuck man! I'm fucking super pissed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You son of a bitch

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...rsus_xiii_tgs/

No Final Fantasy Versus XIII at Tokyo Game Show
    Timing set for next showing, says Tetsuya Nomura in Dengeki PlayStation interview.
    Tetsuya Nomura is one of the main headliners in this week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation. To commemorate its 500th issue, the magazine got Nomura to draw a cover with six characters: Noctus (FF Versus XIII), Lightning (FFXIII-2), Serah (FFXIII-2), Noel (FFXIII-2), Machina (FF Type 0) and Rem (FF Type 0).

Nomura is also featured in a lengthy interview in the magazine. According to the usual early leak sources, Nomura tells the magazine that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be shown at this year's Tokyo Game Show, which will be held in mid September. However, the timing for the game's next showing has been set, he also confirms.

Nomura also mentions a few of Square Enix's other major titles in the interview. He refers to 3DS rhythm title Theatrhythm Final Fantasy as the first entry in Square Enix's 25th anniversary festivities for the FF series. Regarding Final Fantasy Type-0, he says that the game has some as yet unannounced characters who have major voice actors. He also says something about Kingdom Hearts 3D, but his comment is full of blanks, making it difficult to figure out what he's saying.

Dengeki also has commentary from Yoshinori Kitase, Yusuke Naora, Motomu Toriyama, Hiromichi Tanaka, Hajime Tabata, and other Square Enix VIPs, so we'll hopefully get additional updates throughout the day.

For those eagerly awaiting an update on Versus XIII, it's possible that we'll still get something at TGS. The game has appeared in some capacity at the past two TGS events despite initial hints from Nomura that this wouldn't be the case.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Deep inside I've been trying to be optimistic with both Versus 13 and KH3's probable release dates. What's the left over life for this current generation's consoles? Another 4 years or so? Otherwise, I don't see why SE would even consider KH3's production for this generation.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Which will happen first... FFXIV being in a launch ready position or this game getting a release date?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The latter, easily. They actually know they can make big money off the latter.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Really sorry to bump this up with what is likely to be total junk however (possible spoilers being as it's a supposed plot description from two alternate sources, absolutely don't expect it to be true but you never know so if you don't want to take the risk...!):

Spoiler: show
    http://flyingwankey.wordpress.com/20...y-xiii-versus/

So it seems like an interesting story whether or not it's true, although the ending bit seems fairly ridiculous but not wholly unlikely considering XIII-2. If the stuff regarding Wada ever turned out to be true i'd be pretty disappointed, if he took the lore from versus and shoehorned it into a new game to create a forced series... I do actually think if this was the story I'd enjoy it quite a bit.

So yeah, i don't know whether anyone's interested in these kinds of things, but considering how barren news is for Versus I didn't think it'd be a big deal to post it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LOL, holy... If that is true, that's just pure awesome:

Final Fantasy XIII Versus was originally named “Untitled” (a new IP); Tetsuya Nomura wanted to use a non-advertising HERP, BACTERIA, FUCK YOU INTERNET campaign for the game. The game would be released with no title and the Blu-Ray case would be pitch black with no screenshots, text, or description on it. Nomura planned to sell the game on mystery and word of mouth alone. Part of the reason he wanted to do this is because the game’s story revolves around its villain, “the Nothing”, an entity that one cannot even see. Wada, however, thought that Nomura’s idea was too extreme, and so he urged Nomura to simply make it a Final Fantasy title. Nomura refused, Staff 2 got pissed, FF13 was drawn up in less than a week after that incident, and then Wada forced Nomura to make Untitled an offshoot of FF13 (a demand that couldn’t be refused, because a chunk of Untitled’s mythos was stolen and applied to FF13).

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    LOL, holy... If that is true, that's just pure awesome:

SE should make an RPG about how they make RPGs. Would have a cool story.

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

The guy in the white cloak is Hope Estheim. I am serious. It’s complicated.

the fuck

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast