Closed Thread
Page 283 of 285 FirstFirst ... 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Depends on the location you're heading to. The starting few are 'fine', but ones out in other parts of the map are close to doubled in load times.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bumpin' to fix thread. Shame that issue isn't fixed yet on these forums.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

No SSD for me either, PS4 pro is not even a year old (if that means anything).

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Character swap. Discuss.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post

Character swap. Discuss.
    Another feature that should have been available at launch but it’s good to have it in for the PC version. I would have preferred when you switch you actually switch to that character where they currently are on the battlefield instead of basically summoning them to appear next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need to add Arenea as a PC and the game will be good. Of course, the only thing they need to fix they probably have no idea is an issue.

As long as dodging is useless and warp striking is the main point of defence the battle system will always suck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Episode Ignis: ~2 hours of content, Twice as many Cut Scenes as Episode Prompto, Multiple Endings but none affect the Main Game

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...dyn-confirmed/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Press F to recover vision.

They're really not doing themselves any favors with regard to the complaint of "too many cutscenes, not enough game" for FF titles, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    They're really not doing themselves any favors with regard to the complaint of "too many cutscenes, not enough game" for FF titles, are they?
    Have you PLAYED FFXV?

Too many cutscenes is not a problem it has.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Have you PLAYED FFXV?

Too many cutscenes is not a problem it has.
    Nope. Never touched it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's true crime is the [several days later] black screen that puts you in a scenario that explains fucking nothing. Like going from exploring a dungeon, to suddenly being back in a city where you're clearing daemons out of a power plant with zero fucking context of how this even happened and why only you are capable of doing something about it or how you even got back to the town that was about halfway across the fucking map. No you didn't blank out you were just last seen walking out of the dungeon after obtaining Mithril.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Just need to add Arenea as a PC and the game will be good. Of course, the only thing they need to fix they probably have no idea is an issue.

As long as dodging is useless and warp striking is the main point of defence the battle system will always suck.
    That would be so sick. I love those crazy aerial animations that happen during her encounter. A friend of mine didnt see them because he killed her too fast. Its a real shame.

If XVI is similiar to XV, gameplay wise, I hope they pursue job fantasy, because of how amazing Arenea's presentation in XV was. Until then, we playable Arenea plz T_T

But as to your gameplay critique, one really fucking garbage thing I hate about the game's combat, is how they changed the way those special kings' weapons work, I think in previous builds before release they had some special gauge to them, then in the released version they take away HP. That along with infinite potion spamming, makes the game really dumb imo.

As far as the cutscenes discussion is going, no the game didnt have much of them. Square had a cool open world but they have no idea how to make an open world game. The sidequests in the 20 year old "linear" FF games have more story and character development than the open world game. To me thats the most baffling fuckup than a bad main scenario.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Episode Ignis is going to destroy me.

*hoards tissues*

mah booois

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

ATR finished up, we wont see any more of them going forward. Here are the things I've taken away from it..

- You'll be able to swap between any of the bros in XVs main game and their play style is similar to what you experienced in the episodes(Hello Gladiolus)
    - You won't be able to play as them if they are out of party at the time; this update is due to release BEFORE Ep. Ignis
    - Three new Episode DLCs coming in 2018, Ardyn is the first one coming but don't have a time frame of when to expect just "sometime before end of 2018"
    - Comrades patch coming Dec 12th; common bug fix mostly
    - Episode Ignis to have roughly 1.5hrs of play time, double that if you want to see the multiple endings
    - Special battle after beating the DLC will be against Noct and is apparently fairly difficult
    - They recognize that the collaboration events are the least liked by their fan base so they brought up the Tekken collab. and started to feel regret that people wont like it

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shame, I like their Collabs.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The collabs are 'fine', but it's just salad dressing to the amount of problems they could be focusing their resources on fixing instead.

Not a big fan as mentioned of character swap just teleporting your partner in, and hopefully that switch animation can be interrupted so you're not stuck there for 4 seconds before you can move again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It's true crime is the [several days later] black screen that puts you in a scenario that explains fucking nothing. Like going from exploring a dungeon, to suddenly being back in a city where you're clearing daemons out of a power plant with zero fucking context of how this even happened and why only you are capable of doing something about it or how you even got back to the town that was about halfway across the fucking map. No you didn't blank out you were just last seen walking out of the dungeon after obtaining Mithril.
    I had to Google that section to ensure I didn't somehow miss something when I did it myself. It's just such a bizarre transition, and in XV's glorious standards, they only like to explain shit well after the fact in passing comments, maybe.

On the upside, almost done with the damn game, just need to grind some gil to get not-shit weapons for my crew since a certain Behemoth is wrecking me. Otherwise been wasting time with Comrades which is still kinda chill, hope that update lessens the load times, or at least removes the Camp segments (or use a generic camp that's fast to load vs. one inworld?) since it really adds to the wait times.

Be at city, pick mission -> Load camp -> do camp -> load mission -> beat mission -> load camp again -> wait through slow menus -> load city -> repeat

That aside, they really need to beef up the AI helpers if it can't find players. They're regularly doing 1/4 of the damage output I am, and missions take god awful forever with them.

I think the most awkward transition for me was in the world of ruin. When you get to the diner, you are whisked away to the outside of the big bad's lair like in a few lines of dialogue iicr.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So with this update, and Episode Ignis, is it safe to say that the game is leaving Alpha version and going into Beta version? Full release at the end of 2018?

Aside from that, the update looks promising. I'll be doing my 2nd playthrough of the game once the final DLC drops, then I'll replay the game and see if my enjoyment of it raises.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

3 new episode DLC's on the way, aside from Ardyn, gonna guess Aranea as one obvious choice and hopefully Lunafreya so we can actually get some solid story background on her and fix the weak shit we got after the cuts. But the first one not dropping until "sometime before the end of 2018" isn't very promising lol. That being said, I could just as easily see them releasing a Ravus episode too, again with the purpose of fleshing out both him and Luna

Hopefully by 2020 I'll be able to play the full version of this game +_+

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd still rather they either fix the core story instead duct taping these bite-sized separated DLC packs in to the main menu , or work on a XV-2. They're not seeing me pay for a season pass again given how frequently XV went on sale during its first year.