Page 166 of 285 FirstFirst ... 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He meant like Capcom did with Megaman, not that they should give it to Capcom.

give it to platinum!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    He meant like Capcom did with Megaman, not that they should give it to Capcom.
    Yeah I noticed, I just found it funny he'd mention Capcom considering how they've fucked up basically all their franchises including Megaman.

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    give it to platinum!
    My first thought but I doubt people want more action games from FF. I'd prefer to see them adding to KH if we're allowed to dream.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Wow Capcom is the last company you want handling your properties.
    False konami is

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Konami has basically given up, whereas Capcom is still all fired up and ready to shit on all of our memories.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Konami has basically given up, whereas Capcom is still all fired up and ready to shit on all of our memories.
    Konami is not done with their shit show yet, have you seen the "new" Metal Gear? lol

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What I mean is that other then shitting on Metal Gear and an annual PES Konami has basically stopped making video games.

Whereas Capcom is content to shit on their old franchises (outside of Mega Man) on a constant basis.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

What I mean is that other then shitting on Metal Gear and an annual PES Konami has basically stopped making video games.

Whereas Capcom is content to shit on their old franchises (outside of Mega Man) on a constant basis.
    I'm not really sure which old franchises you think Capcom is shitting on. The only possibility that comes to mind is SFV, but first-iteration Street Fighters have been poorly received for a while. Resident Evil has a couple really shitty spinoffs like Umbrella Corps/Operation Raccoon City, but overall their lineup is as strong as ever and the new one looks potentially promising. Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney are both doing fantastically. Dead Rising 3 was the weakest of the series but still fine. DmC was a pretty shitty idea but I at least like that they gave it to another studio and allowed them to try something different since they weren't planning on continuing the franchise themselves.

If Capcom has a real problem, it's picking the wrong things to continue, not shitting on their good franchises. Everyone wants more Darkstalkers, Onimusha, and Viewtiful Joe. Instead we get Lost Planet 3 and killing off MML3.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

A lot of positive spin coming out even post Gamescon about how good the game is looking/will be and I can't help but fight the feeling that it's getting the same 'positive press' that No Man's Sky did before it was released in the shape it was.

Obviously I'd rather believe positive press and hope this will be okay, but man. SE's let me down pretty hard lately.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I'm not really sure which old franchises you think Capcom is shitting on. The only possibility that comes to mind is SFV, but first-iteration Street Fighters have been poorly received for a while. Resident Evil has a couple really shitty spinoffs like Umbrella Corps/Operation Raccoon City, but overall their lineup is as strong as ever
    lolwat?

Also BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

>Capcom
    >lineup strong as ever

DOES NOT COMPUTE. BEEP BOOP.

What do they have again?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    lolwat?

Also BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE BREATH OF FIRE
    I forgot BoF existed because I've always thought it was incredibly generic shit (except Dragon Quarter, which the few BoF fans I know tell me I'm a troll for liking it). Revelations 1/2 is great. 6 is shit but some people are diehard about it being just as good as 5. Their HD remasters are fantastic. 7 looks like it's at least trying to go a different route than 6, which makes me cautiously optimistic. The upcoming 2 remake has no reason to think it's bad. Their lineup is fine right now. Not amazing, but at least solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    >Capcom
    >lineup strong as ever

DOES NOT COMPUTE. BEEP BOOP.

What do they have again?
    I was talking specifically about their Resident Evil games within the last 5 or so years. And I also pretty much went over all the series they are currently pursuing, so, y'know, that.

I honestly don't think they're half as bad as Square Enix as a publisher or with their main studios, yet they catch far more shit for it. SFV's launch was kind of a disaster that's left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, but besides that, what have they really done in the past 5 years to deserve the levels of hate they get (which predates SFV by a while)? I'm genuinely curious. Though it is getting off-topic so feel free to ignore or move to PMs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SFV is actually a really good fighting game, they just dropped the ball for casuals. It's doing great otherwise and the base mechanics are really solid. And let's not forget RE Revelations 2, that was actually a good game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    FFXIII was linear as fuck and I remember a ton of people bitching about that being one of the biggest faults to the game. Man how times seem to have changed.
    It was bad because of the distribution of content throughout the linear path. Too many cutscenes, too little player control, story unfolded too slowly. Not enough to interest the player along the line, as at some point you start to wonder why they didn't just make it a movie if your own actions as the player matter so little.

Personally, I didn't mind it very much. I was interested in the story once we got to know the characters a little (which admittedly took a pretty long time but SE's storytelling ability isn't what it used to be) and perhaps sadly, I am enthralled by shiny graphics. But compared to the open world feel of classic JRPGs like Chrono Trigger and the older FFs, and especially in contrast to FF12 which was hugely open world and let you freely stumble into areas that would decimate you if you showed up at the wrong level, the restrictions to what the player could do at what times in XIII looked abominably lazy.

I don't believe that a game is good or not based on how linear or open world it is. I'm totally fine with either one as long as the story and characters are compelling and I am made to feel like I, as the player, matter to the story somehow, whether that be through dynamic choice systems or tests of skill or whatever. I have a hard time calling anything that only makes you push forward on your analog stick between giant cutscenes a "game", but that's essentially what XIII did, a little too often for my (or anyone's) tastes. But let's be real, flat characters and a bad story were the most major problems with XIII. Sazh saved that game so hard.

If Mistwalker does anything I want it to be a fucking multiplatform rerelease of Lost Odyssey. PLEASE LET ME HAVE IT ON PC.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    SFV is actually a really good fighting game, they just dropped the ball for casuals. It's doing great otherwise
    Except it's not. It fell well under sales projections and it's sales slowed to absolute nothing.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Except it's not. It fell well under sales projections and it's sales slowed to absolute nothing.
    Was about to respond to that, but you beat me to it.

SFV sold extremely poorly, and it's not doing any better. Hell, I heard there's talks about pushing it to the Xbone, but we'll see. If they did, I think it'd be too late for that with people who are already gonna play it well invested into the PS4 side of it anyway.

This isn't a thread about shitty Capcom though so I won't harp on that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I forgot BoF existed because I've always thought it was incredibly generic shit (except Dragon Quarter, which the few BoF fans I know tell me I'm a troll for liking it). Revelations 1/2 is great. 6 is shit but some people are diehard about it being just as good as 5. Their HD remasters are fantastic. 7 looks like it's at least trying to go a different route than 6, which makes me cautiously optimistic. The upcoming 2 remake has no reason to think it's bad. Their lineup is fine right now. Not amazing, but at least solid.
    RE is one of their main IPs and they haven't known what to do with it since 4.

But then again when it comes to this shit there's no accounting for taste.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Honestly I don't think it's fair to compare the situation with No Mans Sky to this, FFXV has released playable demos which at least resemble the final game, NMS did no such thing and got rightly shat on for not having a clear representation of the final product, I can honestly say that hour long gameplay video that was released recently got me really hyped for this, I'm really looking forward to it now, if I had one complaint it would be the speed of combat that was presented in the demo, but based on certain videos i've seen of people fighting that iron giant, I can safely say that it's mostly due to not having enough hands on experience with it to bring out the full potential of the combat system yet, but I fully expect that to change when I get my hands on the finished product.

The only aspect that I feel could currently leave me disappointed might be the story side of the game, but honestly, even I can forgive that if the game is just fun to play in general.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The final game will also have more characters, which will make combat feel different from the iron giant. Sure, we had a taste of battle with the other characters in the first demo, but you have to remember that that wasn't the final nor full battle system. We had close to no abilities in it etc.

I think the combat in SO5 was great besides the fact the AI was just garbage. 15 seems ehh not as flashy or fast paced or interesting