Closed Thread
Page 2 of 285 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

I'm not entirely convinced by this game. Gameplay doesn't seem too deep from the trailer and neither the story or characters look particularly interesting to me. The only thing that keeps my interest is a possibility that the game could take place in the same world as FFXIII before the creation of Cocoon.
    I really hope it doesn't turn like crap like Crisis Core did.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I really hope it doesn't turn like crap like Crisis Core did.
    If this is your definition of crap, I'm now entirely convinced about this game.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

i
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    If this is your definition of crap, I'm now entirely convinced about this game.
    Never did play core it had such mixed reviews that I just stayed away out of fear that it screw up what I loved.

Moving on, I don't no a single person that did not like kh battle system so they have the right idea.

Now its up to them to not screw up the story line(I do have faith in se here) and try to make more difficult fights. FF13 was not hard unless you went to five star fights.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

But.. But they gotta make it easier for all the new fans they want to attract. ;__;

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can you share the link can't view embedded videos on iPad thx

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

I don't like the weapon tho.. its to small, and the costume should be a little more colorful rather than all black...

Shak-ka-kahn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    i

Never did play core it had such mixed reviews that I just stayed away out of fear that it screw up what I loved.

Moving on, I don't no a single person that did not like kh battle system so they have the right idea.

Now its up to them to not screw up the story line(I do have faith in se here) and try to make more difficult fights. FF13 was not hard unless you went to five star fights.
    not playing crisis core = missing out on epic game and manly tears.

FFXIII,, for me at least, was reasonable difficulty. Towards the end i had to be on top of my game....most of the enemies were pushovers, but others, with the right combination of helpers, whooped my ass (lizard boss + centaur mech thing dual fight anyone?). I really do hope they make it harder than KH2, i loved the game but it really was just a giant snoozefest. I thought BBS though was fairly well balenced at times, bossfights were hard a hell some/most times (depending on how underleveled you were).

As long as they don't let the KH guy do the story....i want a nice single game with maybe -maybe- a chance at a sequel if its really really good.....not 5+ sequels spanning like 5+ consoles =(.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I want this in my life.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

You already have catie and me.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I generally did'nt like the idea of a Kingdom Hearts-style action battle system (it could have just been the whole Disney association and horrible story/voice/art that it reminds me of), but this now looks way too god damn sweet to pass up. Though I have yet to see any obvious links between this and the universe of XIII other than the slight character resemblances, which are probably just coincidental/unavoidable.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Having been spoiled by the grandeur that is DS (Demon's Souls if you don't know wtf it is) this does NOT impress me at all. And enough w/ the gayass looking characters mkay SE, thanks.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICANS View Post
    enough w/ the gayass looking characters
    Quote Originally Posted by JAPANIANS
    SO COOL!
    Just so you know.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    Having been spoiled by the grandeur that is DS (Demon's Souls if you don't know wtf it is) this does NOT impress me at all. And enough w/ the gayass looking characters mkay SE, thanks.
    Its a JRPG....

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Makes me more excited for current gen KH rather than another possible FF flop. Costumes look boring and fighting looks decent. I guess it's above par when you compare it to your typical recent SE game though.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

By the way, the official HD trailer comes out on the 27th.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

wtf lol

Glad you liked demon's souls. Let's compare ground beef to bananas moar

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Lol compare? I'd never compare DS to what it looks like an SE du jour piece of shit game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Fenux View Post
    Costumes look boring
    I will agree w/ this. I get the more "normal" outfit style, but I don't like that everyone is wearing black.

Why even bring up Demon Soul in this thread and comparing it to Versus? I don't even know how you could compare the two games. That's like coming into this thread and saying this game looks like shit compared to Dragon Age. If anything, this game will be given a comparison to KH

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Lol compare? I'd never compare DS to what it looks like an SE du jour piece of shit game.
    IDK what you're trying to say. At first you compare, then you say it's not comparable. Not to mention they seem like 2 completely dif. games That's like saying after playing SSF4, Gran Turismo doesn't impress me at all. Well, if you had to compare this to anything, I would aim for something like KH, which sadly, is one of my favorite games out there.. so if this can do KH any justice at all, I'm all for it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wish people would just get off SE's Back. Yes they have been fucking up a lot(ala ff14) but their normal games have been decent.

FF13 was not the best FF game, but it was good. This is not a west RPG they are not the same. They seem to be improving on what they did, I see noting wrong. Till we see more gameplay stop saying it sucks.

Demons souls was epic, no one is saying its not. maybe DS will still be better. But FF13 sold well, many people enjoyed it. any changes made to better the system will only make it that much better.

JRPG =/ WRPG

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 285 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast