+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I swear the more and more I see these trailers, the more I feel like this movie will do the franchise justice. I feel like this is going to be recognized as an actual good x-men movie. I swear the pictures and shoops just suck because of the low budget; and I bet there's a low budget cause there isn't a wolverine in this movie. This movie looks like it comes off more of a risk, but damn it's just what was needed. The only reboot in recent memory worth a damn...

At least I hope.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There might be a Wolverine as an easter egg. I too am hoping this will be a good movie, but I won't being seeing this film with high expectations. Fox has ruined all hope for me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh snapz! Banshee! Going in with low/no expectations. Will just see how it turns out.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hm, that trailer actually did look pretty good, still going to assume this movie is going to be awful, though.

Blackice

I really don't want to get my hopes up, but that trailer does make it look like it might actually be good. Please please please let this not suck, please.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Internation Trailer 2

Shaw's power displayed this time & flying Banshee

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Damnit they're trying hard to make it look good in those trailers...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I paused it at the 1:02 mark and it looked like Shaw had 4 arms?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

from what I've read he is moving really fast to absorb/contain a energy blast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is that it? I just assumed it was like the comics where he was able to store the energy and buff himself up. Guess we will see soonish

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I guess its just a movie way of showing his power, cause normally its just him shrugging shit off like it didnt do anything....

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Shaw is Black King correct?

Also when was Azazel ever a good guy?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Shaw is Black King correct?

Also when was Azazel ever a good guy?
    yes, Shaw is the black king and I dont think Azazel is going to be a good guy

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Looks like Azazel is paired with the Hellfire Club... which is never really been on the "Good" side to begin with.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

In the following interview, Kravitz describes her audition for the role, how they brought Angel's insect-like ability to life, and the scene from the "X-Men: First Class" trailer that introduced her live-action role to fans. Oh, and take note: there's a bit of a spoiler in her very last response — especially if you remember a certain set photo that made the rounds back in December 2010.

MTV NEWS: Have you gotten a sense yet about how passionate people are about comic book properties like "X-Men"?

ZOE KRAVITZ: Yes, it's crazy! I've never been into comic books, so I was never in that world. When the trailer came out, I looked at it on YouTube and there were pages and pages and pages of comments. People were getting heated. And all the blogs — it's crazy! This is really near and dear to a lot of people, so I hope we don't disappoint them!

MTV: Well, the reaction so far has been very positive, but was there that added pressure on set to get it right, based on how intense the fanbase is?

KRAVITZ: When we were filming it, we didn't have that sort of energy. We were just focused on what we were doing. We tried to focus on the drama in the material and approach everything as actors. Now that we're done, we're seeing that people are reacting strongly to what they've seen.

MTV: What was your audition process like?

KRAVITZ: I was actually one of the last people cast. It happened really quickly. They were being really secretive about the script and the characters that were going to be in the film, so I didn't even know who I was auditioning for. I didn't think I had a shot. I didn't even take it seriously. It wasn't with [director] Matthew [Vaughn]. It was with the casting director in New York. I got the call at the last minute and I'd gone out the night before and I was hungover and tired and not the prepared person that I usually am. I was wearing a big hat and totally not being a sexy "X-Men" character. I went in and had a good time with it. They called back and said, "Matthew really responded to your tape, but can you come back and maybe wear something a little more sexy?" I didn't know until later the character was a go-go dancer. I went back in and in the next two weeks, I was on plane to London.

MTV: So you didn't have to strap on the insect wings?

KRAVITZ: Nope! They flew me out and there was a full month of preproduction of making decisions about the wings — and putting them on — and the different shapes and colors. And there was a lot of training. I did do a lot of wire work, so I had to get pretty strong.

MTV: Angel isn't one of these super well-known characters, but she's got a cool backstory where she runs away from home and discovers her mutation. Do we get any of those origins in the movie?

KRAVITZ: She has such a cool background, but that is not in the film. You meet her later when they're recruiting these mutants to form the first group of X-Men. But it was really helpful for me to know all that information to form the character. But who knows what will happen in the future. Hopefully, they'll continue with her.

MTV: What's going on with that shot of you, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender in the trailer? You've got your top off in some kind of red, velvet-covered room.

KRAVITZ: It's really funny. They come to find me, knowing about my mutation, and I'm working at a go-go club. I don't know what they're there for, so I take them in back for a private dance and then we show each other our powers.

MTV: Are the wings totally CGI?

KRAVITZ: Yeah. The tattoos are really there and they make them come out of the tattoos with CGI.

MTV: Was there was one stunt or scene that was particularly difficult or that you're proud of?

KRAVITZ: I never got hurt, so nothing was too scary. There is this big scene on the beach at the end, and they shot it in Georgia. They had me wired up and really high in the air and zooming around the beach. It was really cold and I was wearing these leather shorts and this backless top. I was up there for a week, zooming around and freezing my ass off. And then there was this one stunt I didn't get to do. They hung my stunt double out of this helicopter over the ocean. I was like, "Why can I do that?" And they were like, "Um, no."
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/04/26...o-zoe-kravitz/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Theatrical Trailer

International Trailer

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...rstposter.jpeg

James McAvoy on Charles Xavier:

Charles has this connection to everybody because he can feel their experiences and see them. Their memories are his memories. But he wasn't looking for Erik. He didn't know Erik was there and he suddenly felt him. And perhaps he's never connected to Erik in quite the same way he's connected to other people. I think there's a little bit of vying for who's in charge, and there is a feeling between them from Magneto that, 'you've got the brains, but I'm your trump card, pal,' at every venture. 'I'm the most dangerous dude in here, and you know that and I know that,' and I think by the end of the film we come to an understanding about that as well. We do have completely different views as well, and what's quite nice is that those scenes don't come to a nice reconciliation at the end. They're left, so the tension carries on through the movie.
    Michael Fassbender on Magneto:

At the start of the movie we get introduced to Erik as a boy. We start in the concentration camps with him and it cuts to 20 years later and it's the early 60s and it's Erik as a grown man. He's on a quest to get Sebastian Shaw, played by Kevin Bacon. Shaw had him in these concentration camps - and as we know the Nazis were doing lots of experimentation with all sorts of things like measuring skull size and brain size and running experiments on human beings, essentially. Shaw is trying to unleash this power in Magneto - he's recognised that he can manipulate metal - and so we catch up with Erik on a quest to basically hunt Shaw down.
    Jennifer Lawrence on Mystique:

Raven, or Mystique, is a shape shifter, and when she's in her natural, blue, scaly, red hair form she also has superhuman agility. She's young and she's a normal teenager, really, just dealing with insecurities. She's insecure about being a mutant and she slowly grows to really accept it and evolve herself. She's been shape shifting for a long time, but she's really just learning about her superhuman ability. She discovers that in the movie.
    Lucas Till on Havok:

Alex Summers, whose super name is Havok, is Scott 'Cyclops' Summers's younger brother. I can shoot plasma beams out of my entire body instead of just optic beams. Just like Scott can't control his power without glasses or his visor on, historically Alex has never been able to control his power either. It's always in outbursts of lack of control. In the comics he has a suit that kind of absorbs excess energy. But it was more like a meter that told him how much power he had, whereas in this one I have something that channels it because I can't control it myself. It's a chest piece that focuses the ray so I don't blow it out everywhere.
    Nicholas Hoult on Beast:

He's a young scientist - a very clever guy - but a little bit shy and awkward around the girls and just socially awkward around the group. He's a good guy, but it's hard work for him. He's a great scientist though and he comes up with all of these inventions that sometimes work and sometimes don't, and then he tries out a serum from Mystique's (pictured left) DNA to try and stop his feet from appearing apelike and massive, because he's very self-conscious about it. Unfortunately that goes wrong and he becomes the Beast that we know from the other films and cartoons and comics. It's fascinating to see the difference, when he becomes the Beast, between Hank and this very animalistic and scary-looking character.
    Edi Gathegi on Darwin:

Darwin gets his nickname from Charles Darwin, the father of the theory of evolution. My character is in a constant state of evolution. It's called reactive adaptation - so whatever environment he's in, in order to survive he will mutate. If he gets thrown in water, all of a sudden he might have gills. The lights go out, he'll have 20-20 vision in the pitch black. He's the coolest one! What I like about my character's powers is that a lot of the X-Men have very cool powers, but with this one you actually see it happening and you see why it's happening. In the right circumstances you see the thought behind the character and the need to create that evolution. There's logic to it. And the possibilities are endless with good writing.
    Caleb Landry on Banshee:

Banshee's got a supersonic scream, and he learns how to fly in this movie. He learns how to melt objects. In the beginning all he really knows is how to break things - car doors I'm guessing, things like that. And he's got selective hearing. In the comics it seems like they reinvent him over and over again. He's always pretty smart, it seems like. He's mostly good. The script definitely defines him more than the comics do, because I've got to do what the script says. I try to add as much as possible. I know there's a love connection in the comics with Moira, so I try to look at her just a little bit differently, you know, when I can, so for any of the fans watching, they can notice that.
    Zoe Kravitz on Tempest:

Angel Salvadore is a go-go dancer who can fly. I have a pair of tattooed wings on my back, which turn into insect wings, and I projectile vomit acid. I get to do that a few times. She starts out on the good side with Professor X and Magneto - they recruit her to be an X-Man, and then she switches to Sebastian Shaw's (Kevin Bacon) side to be in Hellfire. I think it's just a different approach to fighting for human equality. Someone compared the two different sides. In this film it's Hellfire and the X-Men, but later it's Xavier and Magneto and someone compared it to Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. They're really fighting for the same thing, but it's different approaches for how to get there. I think she just believes that the aggressive side is the right side.
    Jason Fleming on Azazel:

He's a bad guy. Kevin Bacon's got a team of freaky sidekicks, one of them being the fantastic January Jones, and one of them being the not so fantastic bright red Jason Flemyng, and also Alex Gonzalez who plays Riptide. And latterly in the film we recruit Zoe Kravitz as well. They're just goons, but my skill, if I have any skill at all, is to make something out of what on paper isn't too much. If I do a day and I've added a line or nicked a close up, I'm happy with myself. As the days progress, because it's a long film, I'm sort of happy with how the part is developing. Matt (Vaughn, director) keeps coming up to me and saying, 'Flemyng, all the second unit stuff I get back, you're speaking. You haven't got any lines - why are you speaking?!
    Rose Byrne on Moira MacTaggart:

Moira works for the CIA. In the comics she's a genetic, mutant expert scientist, and she was in the third film - Olivia Williams played her - but in this incarnation she works for the CIA and early on gets involved with Charles Xavier, discovering mutants. She knows that he's an expert on genetic mutation, so she seeks him out and they become allies. She's a real pioneer woman. It's set in '62 and she's in the CIA so it's very new for women to have that opportunity. She's working in a pretty misogynistic place, so she's got a lot of guts and she's driven.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gdi this movie keeps looking more and more like it'll actually be good. If I'm let down...I don't know what I'll do ;_;

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Cannot be worse than X-men 3, remember this...