FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    "we're still G-men" "no... you're x-men" gtfo

moira as a fucking fbi agent? what the fuck. killing darwin? YOU CANT FUCKING KILL DARWIN.
    Whatever, they were small inaccuracies compared to the first few movies. With the liberties that comic writers take to change shit all the time you can't really complain. X-men has and always be, like most comics, very mercurial. This has been stated to be an alternate universe than the comics and the original movies. As illustrated by certain character's age changes.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

pretty sure they were still claiming it as a prequel to the movies last I heard

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    pretty sure they were still claiming it as a prequel to the movies last I heard
    I believe they said they wanted it to be as much a prequel as possible to the first three(or at least two movies), but they chose to ignore certain things to make First Class work. I'd prefer if they pretended 3 and Wolverine never happened.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hmm, been waiting for UK DVD release information. Amazon.co.uk's finally been updated, supposed to be 31st October. But Lovefilm says it's to be released on 28th November. Don't know who to believe!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Hmm, been waiting for UK DVD release information. Amazon.co.uk's finally been updated, supposed to be 31st October. But Lovefilm says it's to be released on 28th November. Don't know who to believe!

Saw this movie in Spanish, understood a minimalistic amount. Still thought it was bad ass.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Fuck yeah

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone pay attention to the dvd releases? Are any stores getting any special bundles or anything? Only one I remember seeing was the online preorder with the shirt.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

There doesn't seem to be anything in the UK - the DVD just comes with a digital copy and 5 deleted scenes, not sure if there's even a commentary...

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I believe they said they wanted it to be as much a prequel as possible to the first three(or at least two movies), but they chose to ignore certain things to make First Class work. I'd prefer if they pretended 3 and Wolverine never happened.
    Bump.

I thought the movie was pretty good. Way better then the original three. It seems they really did ignore some aspects, Frost was a child in Wolverine: Origins and Professor X was a grown ass old man when he rescued the kids at the end. Plus the the original three movies showed Professor X/Mystique never really gave a damn about each other lol. Sure there's a few other things but the movie was definitely enjoyable.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just look at it as a stand alone movie and don't try to mix it in with the other 3 xmen movies. Really enjoyed it myself, Magneto scenes probably made the movie for me though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I agree with everyone saying Magneto was best. I enjoyed the whole movie. I liked the small stuff like the overhead shots of Xavier showing a bald patch coming in. Logan was boss. I didn't care for some of it, but I think it tops all the others overall.

The first X-Men movie was the first big comic book movie of the past decade and it set the tone for awhile for comic book movies. It's difficult to do an ensemble movie, and I'm sure a comic book ensemble movie with all sorts of interesting characters and decades-long biographies is a huge challenge.

I still don't think there's been an all-around good X-Men movie, and that's mostly because of the logistics involved. First Class is the best X-Men movie of the bunch though hands down. It should start it's own mythology and disassociate itself from the others + the abortion that was Wolverine.

I hope the sequel is better paced. That's the main issue with these movies.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm just hoping for the day marvel gets the franchise back so I can forget about all of these story/continuum abominations. Shame the best actors will be dead by then.

bullseye

Well i loved the movie and i wanted they treat it as a reboot and move forward from here

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Alrighty, just watched the extras on the UK DVD - the deleted scenes were mainly of the training at the mansion - no drag scene ; ;. Guess I'll have to get the other extras elsewhere....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SuperHeroHype has learned that Simon Kinberg is writing the sequel to 20th Century Fox's X-Men: First Class, which has earned over $350 million since opening in theaters this June.

Kinberg produced the first film and was a writer on X-Men: The Last Stand. His other writing credits include Mr. & Mrs Smith, Jumper, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming This Means War and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He is a producer on the latter two as well and is a producer on Neill Blomkamp's next, Elysium.

While there is no confirmation, we assume Matthew Vaughn will be returning to the director's chair and the principal cast will reprise their roles, including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, January Jones and Jennifer Lawrence.

Ashley Edward Miller, Zack Stentz, Jane Goldman and Vaughn are the credited screenwriters of the first movie.
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...t-class-sequel