+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Supposedly that picture is a leak and "conceptual" rather than an official final product. This could explain why it's so absolutely revolting. Michael Fassbender (new Magneto) in an interview said:

As for our costumes, we went back and forth on so many things. We added things that worked in the comics, took them away again, and stripped them down again. ... When it came to the Magneto suit, you know, there's various stages of what has been done with it, but you will have something that is traditional to the comics. There is a helmet (laughs), which is of course essential to keep Charlie-boy out of my head, and the colors are also kept traditional to the comics, that sort of red and purple. I don't know if I'm giving you too much, but I'll say it anyway (laughs).
    Nothing about Magneto in the picture seems right so there's a sliver of hope that this isn't what they're actually going with.

Also saw this digging around on imdb:

Not just The Dark Knight--Lee Smith also edited Nolan's Inception (2010), The Prestige (2006), and Batman Begins (2005); as well as Peter Weir's The Way Back (2010), Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003, The Truman Show (1998), and Fearless (1993).

X-Men: First Class has special effects supervisor Chris Corbould, who was special effects supervisor for Inception (2010), The Dark Knight (2008), Quantum of Solace (2008), and Batman Begins (2005). X-Men: First class also has Guy Williams who was visual effects supervisor on Avatar (2009).
    So maybe it has a chance, I don't know. I REALLY like January Jones and Rose Byrne too, hope it all shapes up to be more than it appears right now.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    AND KEVIN BACON FUCK YES
    I thought the same thing lol.

I will see it regardless of how crappy it looks or how faithful they are to the comic books since my X-Men history began with the animated series on fox.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    That shit looks fucking AWFUL.
    Agreed. An to think with special effects and decent storylines comic to movie adaptations we're getting better. This is just taking a step backwards.

aduidarnenye

I will join the chorus of this looks like shit.

When they had the brilliant idea to do the first X-Men film they should have started at this point in the comics history (they could have even modernized it) and they should have stuck to the original characters and they should not have killed characters off willy-nilly. X-Men have like almost 50 years of history (1963?) and that's 50 years of storyline and story boards. Why would you kill off characters with 50 years of history and possible storylines, leaving all the other characters high and dry. And then they compounded the nonsense with the Wolverine movie.

Of course, if the director ditches the piles of shit the first couple of movies were and decides to reboot the series completely and adds the characters the other movies destroyed then perhaps this could redeem itself. I think it needs Wolverine but they can toss Deadpool off into his own universe of movies without hurting the X-Men storylines that much.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    It's like comparing dog shit to horse shit. Both shit, just one's a bigger pile of shit. I'll let you decide which is which.
    but its comparing horse shit with January Jones body to dog shit with a terrible blonde haircut so, the hotter pile of shit wins

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I will join the chorus of judging something I have seen nothing of other than a conceptual picture.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Trailer is supposed to premier during the Super Bowl. We should know more then.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    - Fox envisions X-Men: First Class as the first film of a new trilogy. Donner compared the franchise plans to the darker, more mature content of the Harry Potter film series.
    So now it's time for the 90's nostalgia to begin, eh? Let's get Liefeld back in as a concept artist on this trilogy. We got the CG power now to make people look completely unnatural and out of proportion with even the most extreme examples of human anatomy. Just look at Alice in Wonderland.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I thought the same thing lol.

I will see it regardless of how crappy it looks or how faithful they are to the comic books since my X-Men history began with the animated series on fox.
    But the animated series on Fox was awesome. And i don't think kevin bacon can even save this film

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

it will save six degrees of kevin bacon though.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    But the animated series on Fox was awesome. And i don't think kevin bacon can even save this film
    Right, just sayin they can't ruin any comic book storylines for me because I'm not familiar with them

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

NOSTALGIA BOMB

GATTACA!

BG Level

Yeah that theme is badass, iirc you can hear it towards the end of the first X-Men movie.

Here is the opening with the animation:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Interesting interview with the director and some of the cast, along with some pictures
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...essed-out-set/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Animated series... so good... to bad all the later X-Men animated series never came close

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

The one they ran around the same time as Batman Beyond was okay. I'm blanking on the name.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The teenager one? It had its moments and was better then most people gave it credit for it, i never followed it much to really have an opinion on it since when I started to watch it, it was almost over lol

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    The one they ran around the same time as Batman Beyond was okay. I'm blanking on the name.
    XMen: Evolution

It wasn't that bad.

the 90s cartoon started to suck when every ep was sentinel/master mold or {dark}phoenix boring garbage. or maybe they just replayed those the most, cloudy memory