• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Save you all a google... last line was Pitt -3. Home team minus 3 = pickem... meaning yes, even Vegas doesn't give a shit who wins in the AFC.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Title confuses me since whoever wins the AFC is going to win in Dallas rather easily regardless of who they're playing (Bears).
    If the Packers advance, the NFC will win the Super Bowl regarless of opponent. If the Bears advance, the AFC will win the Super Bowl regardless of representation.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbong View Post
    Save you all a google... last line was Pitt -3. Home team minus 3 = pickem... meaning yes, even Vegas doesn't give a shit who wins in the AFC.
    which means that the NFC title game is pick 'em also...I never liked betting against a home dog in the playoffs, and wouldn't do it this week either.

BEARS24
    packers 20
    typical low scoring bears v pack game, BEARS special teams or D gets a score to make the difference

steelers 23
    jets 18
    polamalu makes all the difference in the world for the steelers to stop the jets running game, sanchez won't win it for them this time

BEARS

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Diamicles View Post
    which means that the NFC title game is pick 'em also...I never liked betting against a home dog in the playoffs, and wouldn't do it this week either.

BEARS24
    packers 20
    typical low scoring bears v pack game, BEARS special teams or D gets a score to make the difference

steelers 23
    jets 18
    polamalu makes all the difference in the world for the steelers to stop the jets running game, sanchez won't win it for them this time

BEARS
    I thought the Packers were -3 in Chicago? Unless the line moved? And if that's the case, then it is not a pick 'em, lol. Being home usually makes a game that'd normally be Even, a -3.. so if this were in GB, the Pack would probably be -6.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BEARS - By at least 10 points.
    Steelers - I had to look up who was actually playing then flipped a coin. Topic title is completely correct, no one cares about the AFC.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

FUCK YOUR TOUGH FOOTBALL

I like the Jets(as a team) and all, but I just can't imagine them scoring more than 10 pts against the Steelers.

And, I love the Packers, Rodgers, but I really think it will be a close one without any effective running game. Rodgers is a demi-god, but can he keep up his 1-man gunshow through the Super Bowl?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I like the Jets(as a team) and all, but I just can't imagine them scoring more than 10 pts against the Steelers.

And, I love the Packers, Rodgers, but I really think it will be a close one without any effective running game. Rodgers is a demi-god, but can he keep up his 1-man gunshow through the Super Bowl?
    Assault Rifle has been beast and probably overshadowing the team, but it definately hasn't been a 1 man show. The D has been great against the Eagles and Falcons. And despite having a dismal running attack, the Packers were still like top 10 in handoffs this year. It may not be effective but you have to give them credit for trying and catching a break or 2 from time to time pre-Stark.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    If the Packers advance, the NFC will win the Super Bowl regarless of opponent. If the Bears advance, the AFC will win the Super Bowl regardless of representation.
    Bahahahahahahaha

Tell me more tim hasselback

BEARS

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Assault Rifle has been beast and probably overshadowing the team, but it definately hasn't been a 1 man show. The D has been great against the Eagles and Falcons. And despite having a dismal running attack, the Packers were still like top 10 in handoffs this year. It may not be effective but you have to give them credit for trying and catching a break or 2 from time to time pre-Stark.
    Uh? Without ARod they don't get into the playoffs nor do they beat the iggles. Last week was the first week where it really wasn't required for him to carry all the load and outscore the opponents offense because quite frankly matt ryan sucked.

BEARS

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Packs Jets lets go

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I thought the Packers were -3 in Chicago? Unless the line moved? And if that's the case, then it is not a pick 'em, lol. Being home usually makes a game that'd normally be Even, a -3.. so if this were in GB, the Pack would probably be -6.

maybe I heard wrong on the line then, was asking around about it yesterday at work, didn't bother looking it up, silly me.

still, home dogs in the playoffs, my opinion hasn't changed

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    incorrect.
    if two teams are considered "even", on a neutral field the line is even
    if two teams are considered "even", the team playing at home is -3
    game is being played in chicago and the packers are -3. essentially, they are considered to be 6 points better than the bears, spread-wise. (if they were considered "even", spread would be bears -3)
    if they were playing in GB, they would be 9 point favorites. (6 points better, 3 points for home)
    not saying i agree with it, but thems the maths.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the line wouldnt open at -9 though; if it did, it would probably get bet down to -6 like you said pretty quickly.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

just checked the line, it is now GB-4, meaning people really hate the bears.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    just checked the line, it is now GB-4, meaning people really hate the bears.
    This is going to be the easiest money I've ever made.

BEARS

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    As much as Rodgers has been on fire, he's also got a ridiculously deep WR core that allows this to happen in the first place.
    Even Jordy Nelson has 45 catches this year.

Can you imagine if they had Jermichael Finley for more than 4 games?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Soa View Post
    This is going to be the easiest money I've ever made.

BEARS
    As easy as the eagles winning the playoffs this year, right?!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Your team was 6-10, shut the fuck up.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    incorrect.
    if two teams are considered "even", on a neutral field the line is even
    if two teams are considered "even", the team playing at home is -3
    game is being played in chicago and the packers are -3. essentially, they are considered to be 6 points better than the bears, spread-wise. (if they were considered "even", spread would be bears -3)
    if they were playing in GB, they would be 9 point favorites. (6 points better, 3 points for home)
    not saying i agree with it, but thems the maths.
    Actually yeah, that's right. I forgot. I had the whole 'them essentially being 6 point faves" thing right, but forgot to figure that in for if they were at home. Whoops. Thanks for the fix, noodles.