+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    After playing the Wonder Woman story arc in DCUO I'm a lot more interested in a Wonder Woman TV show. Then I read this...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/david...rpowere,51229/
    Glad to see the new NBC is making quality TV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

David E. Kelly's new Wonder Woman TV project is moviing forward with the addition of a director. Jeffrey Reiner is pretty much set to direct the NBC drama pilot. The new TV series will follow Wonder Woman aka Diana Prince who is a vigilante crime fighter in Los Angeles, but she's also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

Reiner has worked on TV shows such as Friday Night Lights, The Event, and Caprica, so I think the show is in good hands.

Here's some more detailed information that was leaked out a few days ago. And it's all spoiler free.

As previously reported:

Fans of the comic books will be happy to know that the new show features a lot of elements and characters from the comics:

* Myndi Mayer is a part of the show, herein portrayed as Diana’s best friend.
    * It has a scene featuring comic character Etta Candy. The script is written as an open-invitation for Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly).
    * The series will focus on the relationship between Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman. Long ago government man Trevor crashed onto Wonder Woman’s island and brought her back to New York, and now they’ve split up, but she still has feelings.
    * There may not be an invisible jet, but Diana has a whole rainbow’s worth of over colored aircraft.
    * She still has her lasso, and her bullet-deflecting bracelets.
    * Her nemesis is Veronica Cale, who in this series will be an evil scientist and rival businesswoman with an evil plan that audiences will be easy to guess ahead of time.

This reboot will be a lot different too. In addition to her Diana Prince alter ego, this time Wonder Woman will have a day job as Diana Themyscyra, the head of Themiscyra industries. The series will be very similar to Iron Man and the Tony Stark character where everyone will know that Ms. T and Wonder W are the same.

The next bit of news makes me groan with displeasure. Apparently Diana has a trendy crew of 20 something techie and science geeks that live in her basement and help her solve crimes in further episodes.

Here are some details on who her character is and what motivates her emotionally. This new Wonder Woman:

* Relates to ET the Extra Terrestrial when his movie comes on TV.
    * Loves planes.
    * Loves Steve and wishes they could be together.
    * Yearns to belong and be “among” people, not just “with” them.
    * Sings along to the radio in multiple scenes.
    * Hates being “marketed, commercialized, merchandised”, though she is – there’s a joke about Wonder Woman tie-in dolls having their costumes redesigned that seems to reference the recent makeover for the comics.
    * As Diana Prince she’s a mousey Miley Stewart, when she’s Diana Themiscyra she’s the Hanna Montana of businesswomen, and she will only be Wonder Woman twice in the pilot episode.
    * Is a capitalist.

It looks like we are in for a goofy comedy-drama about an aggressive business woman by day and a super heroine by night. In more groan inducing news, the show will be full of Girl Power pop-songs and the phrase “You go, girl” is used.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/2/9/...-director.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/jeff...directing-gig/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Are they seriously sitting around and saying "How else can we fuck this thing up?" because it sure seems that way.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I like how they are promoting the director.

Director of 2 failed tv shows and a 3rd that's only around cause DirecTV is paying for it out of their own pocket. really confident here guys.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah.. I lol'd too. Did The Event get canned? I forget.

The more I read about this, the more I want to see it. Everyone likes seeing a train wreck.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post

Director of 2 failed tv shows and a 3rd that's only around cause DirecTV is paying for it out of their own pocket. really confident here guys.
    in his defense, Whedon has two failed shows too. I wouldn't say that should count against him per se.

However, this is completely unknown waters for kelly and I just can't picture an Ally McBeal-ish super hero show.

E. Body
    BG Level

Friday Night Lights is an awesome show! ._./ So sad it ended yesterday T_T

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    in his defense, Whedon has two failed shows too. I wouldn't say that should count against him per se.

However, this is completely unknown waters for kelly and I just can't picture an Ally McBeal-ish super hero show.
    Whedon is also a successful blockbuster film director, and has 2 extremely successful shows, is an accomplished comic book author, and idk even know how to classify Dr Horrible. And I mean he was show runner for 4 tv shows of varying success, not some episodic director on 2 semi-shitty shows and 1 good show, all of which are technically cancelled.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Joss Whedon can also write a story about women like he's actually met one.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

well to be fair so can David Kelly, i.e. Ally McBeal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/wonder...nnepalicki.jpg

Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Red Dawn) is set to star in the title role of Wonder Woman in the series pilot from David E. Kelley.

Palicki, will next be seen on the big-screen in the remake of Red Dawn. She starred as Tyra Collette in Friday Night Lights. She also starred in the horror film Breaking the Girl and in the recent series Lone Star.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/2/16...n-tv-show.html
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/...le-on-tv-show/

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

the script for this show got leaked. they talked about it on kevin smith's postcast Hollywood Babble-On and they tore it apart. it opens with Wonder Woman walking around with ALL THE SINGLE LADIES by Beyonce(this is written into the script.) then she flys the invisible jet while listening to green day. then she works out later to lady gaga

.....then with 2 other friends she has ice cream cause it's "been an ice cream kind of day."

fuuuuck this show

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Its appeal is that its a horrible show..?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why would DC allow this atrocity? WHY!?
    I want to see good ol' ass kicking, neck breaking Wonder Woman. The only way this might be saved is if it has the occasional Justice League episode. And not the Smallville crap version.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

after you see this I imagine you will beg for "smallville crap"

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    the script for this show got leaked. they talked about it on kevin smith's postcast Hollywood Babble-On and they tore it apart. it opens with Wonder Woman walking around with ALL THE SINGLE LADIES by Beyonce(this is written into the script.) then she flys the invisible jet while listening to green day. then she works out later to lady gaga

.....then with 2 other friends she has ice cream cause it's "been an ice cream kind of day."

fuuuuck this show
    LOL if that is true. I will watch it just to see how cringe inducing it is and see how badly it flops. I laughed out loud when I read that.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Whedon is also a successful blockbuster film director, and has 2 extremely successful shows, is an accomplished comic book author, and idk even know how to classify Dr Horrible. And I mean he was show runner for 4 tv shows of varying success, not some episodic director on 2 semi-shitty shows and 1 good show, all of which are technically cancelled.
    I missed this so late, but w/e

I wasn't trying to say whedon wasn't better than kelly. My point was just that anyone can get stuck which some bad shows in their careers, and shouldn't be a sign that they can't make good things.

Like you said, whether you (general you) liked it or not, McBeal did last a long time and made him a shit ton of money, so it's not like he's completely worthless lol.

but again I agree this is probably the wrong area for him to be in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/page-images/Elwes.jpeg

Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) has been cast in the upcoming NBC TV series Wonder Woman being developed by David E. Kelly. He will star along side Adrienne Palicki who was already cast in the title role... Wonder Woman/Diana Themyscira/Diana Price, a successful corporate executive working to balance all of the elements in her complicated life. Deadline reports that "Elwes will play Henry Detmer, the acting CEO of Themyscira Industries who is deeply devoted to Diana. He runs the day to day operations of the company and acts like an Uncle to Diana although he could be a possible love interest down the line."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/3/4/...der-woman.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/cary...-wonder-woman/