+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 352 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    so the game has programmed-in griefing with no reward and no ability to even know how your griefing turned out? basically, "press a button and fuck up someone else's life"?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not enough of an asshole to appreciate this feature.
    http://gifsforum.com/images/image/br...n_17094951.jpg
    it's essentially this, but instead of pics its "discernable difference that pressing the button makes" but im gonna go with the pr guy just not knowing what's up.

Well I was wondering how much of that was fact as well (not knowing anything about the outcome) too when using the item visibly created a 'smoke' around the player. Not sure what the point of that was, but the fact that it seemed to happen when he used the Gravelord item makes me think it might give you SOME benefit. Possibly until the Gravelord is killed?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm hoping it tells you who's gravelord it is. Hate mail is the best kind of mail <3

The video was pretty pointless, should have been showing what happens to the invadee rather than watch the guy that summoned it dick around for 3 mins and die.

Has it been said whether those 'character select' screens are essentially demo/dev-kit only or is that really going to be how we select characters? At this point is there any definite info as far as that goes?

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm interested in what abilities other classes may have since pyromancer has an ability.

Interesting though that it was still tied to an item. I can't really imagine how that is going to work, but it makes me wonder (if skills like that are all item based) if certain items will be much less frequently found and thus far more rare an ability.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If there isn't any reward for killing a gravelord, sounds like pussying out and playing offline might be the wise choice.

Well he didn't say that the player that was invaded didn't get anything. He didn't say they did though. They get the NPCs to stop effing with them I guess =P Either way, ONLINE ONLY! Demon's Souls just a wasn't the same offline. I do hope there aren't too many issues with their servers on launch. I had trouble until their first server maintenance with Demon's Souls.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, the amount of customization you could do with your own character and your weapons, definitely called out to my competitive side when it came to invasions and being invaded. Dunno how people enjoyed the game only playing by themselves considering other than the lore, there's no real story and most of the bosses were exploitable.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Really? I thought the game was lacking customization, then again I'm used to MH. Probably set the bar too high.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think invading people yourself sounds more fun still. Being a pryomancer summoning grave lord will be boring since you won't ever get to experience the effects of it from that side.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Really? I thought the game was lacking customization, then again I'm used to MH. Probably set the bar too high.
    Well technically speaking, compared to something like MH, you're right. However, one of the biggest draws to me getting into PKing other players in Demon's Souls was deciding to go a weapon path and saying to myself, I wonder how using this build would increase my chances of winning a fight with someones. Or how would using this magic in whatever clever way I thought of suprise an opponent and keep me in control of a fight?

That's assuming they don't have like 99 Dark Moon grass though (or is it the other grass?)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

http://kotaku.com/5819893/are-these-...r-you/gallery/

15 new pictures.. Too lazy to img tag em on here.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Purty.

Ridill
    BG Level

just noticed that in the picture I posted, the templar looking dude's sun symbol has a face in the middle? That's just odd

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/as...large_ds11.jpg

Oh Blacksmith Ed, you are looking a little worse for wear.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/as...large_ds12.jpg

Oh dear lord Ed you have let yourself go!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Date in Japan for the PS3 version was delayed to the 22nd, still October 4th for NA & 7th for EU.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/15...d-dragon-boss/

Dark Souls ESRB Rating Reveals Multi-Headed Dragon Boss
    The ESRB deemed Dark Souls a game for players 17 years old and up. From Software’s title was rated "M" for blood and gore, partial nudity, and violence. For comparison’s sake, Demon’s Souls also received a "M" rating for blood and violence.

More interesting is the description, which lists some of the monsters and bosses waiting to send your character back to a bonfire.

This is an adventure role-playing game in which players must battle monsters and collect souls to lift an undead curse across the land. Players use swords, axes, and magic arrows to kill zombies, demons, giant spiders, and other fantasy creatures in both ranged attacks and melee-style combat. Players can also use stealth attacks (e.g., stabbing) to dispatch enemies at close range. Battles are accompanied by slashing sounds, cries of pain, and large splashes of blood. Blood pools may also appear on the ground, and some environments depict flaming bodies impaled on spikes. Boss battles include instances of dismemberment and decapitation (e.g., cutting off a gargoyle’s tail, slicing multiple heads off a dragon). During the course of the game, one female enemy’s breasts are barely obscured by strands of hair; some bird-like humanoids are also depicted with exposed buttocks.

I don't think I have been this excited for a game in a very long time.