Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

There is plenty of more interesting characters but there would have to be more reboots to establish them as interesting characters. In all the xmen movies Wolverine been at the forefront and other mutants been overshadowed by him. Regular viewer with limited knowledge of comic book world will base his opinion primarily from those movies. Hell, I wouldnt like to see another movie with Hale Berry as Storm. Hopefully that new xmen movie will shine some light on other characters.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    It's not that he's boring... it's just that there are dozens of more interesting chars in the franchise.
    Xmen Origins: Magneto?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Xmen Origins: Magneto?
    X-Men: First Class

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like the fact that Jackman has taken the time to read all the comics in the last few years. I've seen a few interviews w/ him about wolverine and he has always been genuinely excited and enthusiastic about portraying the character.

The X-men movies imo were bad only b/c the director didn't do a good job in some cases or a lot of characters were miscast... but wolverine's performance has always been the saving grace. I remember when troops stormed the mansion in X2 and the entire theatre went fucking nuts when wolverine started going crazy

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    I will just see because of Darren Aronofsky :O
    Well since his movies are largely about protagonists who can't handle stress.

Time for a depressed/delusional Wolverine?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

X2 was the best of all the X-franchise movies.

Once Singer left, everything started to suck with its lack of characters and story you could care about. Kinda like most cash cows.

Whoever said it was about brand recognition is right. That's all they really care about. "HEY REMEMBER DIS CHARACTOOR? KEWL HERE HE IS LAWL"

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think a lot of people forget how good Wolverine was at one point. He was, by far, the most interesting and well written character in Marvel. As such, Marvel milked every possible penny out of him and it got diluted. The same thing is happening to Deadpool now, sadly.

As for the movies, X-Men was kinda crappy too, imo. It started off good, but the end of Magneto's powers amplified through Rogue to mutate everyone in the world was silly.
    X-2 was really the only one I liked.

X 2 was great. X1 was good because it was first xmen movie more than anything.

One word comes to mind when thinking about the idea of a Halle Berry fronted Storm spin-off: Catwoman...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I think a lot of people forget how good Wolverine was at one point. He was, by far, the most interesting and well written character in Marvel.
    Frank Miller has that effect on a lot of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    I like the fact that Jackman has taken the time to read all the comics in the last few years. I've seen a few interviews w/ him about wolverine and he has always been genuinely excited and enthusiastic about portraying the character.
    One of the interviews prior to the release of X1 I remember distinctly because Hugh Jackman talked about how he built these gloves with kitchen knives attached to get used to the idea of metal claws before his audition for the part, and cut himself a bunch of times.

Although, I was listening to the radio repeat another bit of whatever on this upcoming movie, and the director is asking Jackman to put on more weight. He's taller than Wolverine should be, and the quote from the director was something to the effect of "You're so tall, that when we shoot from farther away, you look like Clint Eastwood, and that's not Wolverine."

I lol'd.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Since Aronofsky's at the helm, i hope they go on a more psychological approach to the character instead of all the fancy CGI. My favorite part of all the X-men movies was the short bit when we first meet Wolverine in the first movie in some bar in Canada. It had a real First Blood feel to it, where it was more about how his powers affected him than how much damage he could do.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Since Aronofsky's at the helm, i hope they go on a more psychological approach to the character instead of all the fancy CGI. My favorite part of all the X-men movies was the short bit when we first meet Wolverine in the first movie in some bar in Canada. It had a real First Blood feel to it, where it was more about how his powers affected him than how much damage he could do.
    This is was what I was expecting ever since it was known to be "wolverine in japan."

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

He uses his claws to perform seppukku at the end.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    He uses his claws to perform seppukku at the end.
    And then he heals gets up and has a beer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    They used the Sabretooth is Wolverines brother storyline that was shown to not be true years ago
    This set the tone for the entire movie. Any even casual fan of the series was turned away at that point. I remember seeing it in theaters and hearing a collective sigh/groan when they made the implication of Sabretooth and Wolverine being brothers. Ignoring that miscue though, the movie was at best okay.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/images...jackman_wv.jpg

Take a look at Hugh Jackman as he heads to the gym getting jacked up for "Wolverine 2."

The actor is said to be on a 6000 calorie per day diet recommended by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

"Basically it's steak or chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, and sometimes rice but only up until lunch time," he explained. "That's it eight times per day. It's like a job in itself."

Jackman has stated that he is trying to look more like Wolverine - who is actually around 5'2'' in the comics - for the new Wolverine movie directed by Darren Aronofsky.

"Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"

In the previous movie, X:Men Origins: Wolverine, the 6'2'' actor only came in at a buck-ninety.

“Right now, I’m at 210,” Jackman says of his current weight, the result of an intense diet and workout regime. “It’s 6,000 calories a day. It’s rough.”

This new Wolverine is actually not a sequel and is a stand alone where Wolverine heads on over to Japan based on the 1982 Wolverine comic book mini series, from legendary comic scribe Chris Claremont and Frank Miller -who also penned 300 and Sin City.
    http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...hugh-jackd-man

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

damn, he looks roided lol

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

looks like he's missing half of an index finger, at first glance

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Any chance they'll explain how Liev Schreiber becomes Tyler Mane?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast