I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

is there a cap on snap shot?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    You could try but honestly starting from scratch has never been easier. Solo to 30 in a day with any job then leech to cap in abyssea with a shell.

Hardest thing is getting some money to start but abyssea helps with that and getting someone to help you with maat's cockblock limit breaks. Outside of that your fine, good gear is cheap for the new player and leveling is easier then ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anso View Post
    Not worth the potential headache down the road, trust me...

It's been said already but yeah starting over is easy, the best gear comes out of abyssea and is r/ex so Gil isn't a huge issue plus it's easy to make nowadays. Plus you don't wanna be that asshole that sells and recalls, especially a year later, that's not cool!
    What about having sky/sea/aht urghan/etc missions with their respective items obtained? And nation/campaign missions? Any of these matter anymore with Abyssea? These are the pains I was looking forward to NOT having to redo..oh and releveling crafts haha..

I just remember how vast and full my key item list was and to have to get all of this again (which took forever).............

Is there a "so you've been gone since X and wanna know what's new" thread somewhere? D:

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorablue View Post
    I haven't researched much about brews lately, but I remember a while ago reading that you get an enormous amount of MAB from the brew alone (~999), so wouldn't that make gearing MAB diminishing?
    This is true, but.. what else to gear for? Stats are capped. fTP items would be good, I realized, but didn't have either. Other than that, MAB is the only thing you can increase.

Edit: Went for Aeolian, did about 18k/shot from behind w/ Innin, using gales/smiting/ult. Def not Cataclysm, but got the job done (Vere90 get)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-it View Post
    For Jin Agasaya's or Iga neck
    8 att 1acc vs 2% crit dmg
    and cavaros mantle or iga back
    3%crit dmg vs. 3 crit rate 5dex

also what neck for TP?
    and 7eva or skill?
    Gorget and Iga Back for Jin. Iga neck for tp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks no gorget atm or I would use it ; ;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well in that case, Iga neck will do better than Agasaya's until you get the gorget (only takes about 2 hours to get).

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

anybody know if enhanced stoneskin items work for solace/earthen ward ? (not as the caster but as the recipient of the cure?)

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Probably a dumb question, but I looked at playonline notes and couldn't find it. Anyone know when the server merges and stuff will be finished?

merges will coincide with ver.up in may

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Whats the best WS the use while brewing orthrus (minus wildfire)? i was going to cataclysm but then i remembered he was immune/resistant to dark

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
    Whats the best WS the use while brewing orthrus (minus wildfire)? i was going to cataclysm but then i remembered he was immune/resistant to dark
    I would imagine that since he casts fire spells to cure himself that wildfire wouldn't be a good idea even if you had access to it. It doesn't seem to be any more resistant to blind than it is other enfeebles so not sure why cata wouldn't work.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I confirmed it was resistant to dark by doing a darkness SC on him, which did bearly any damage so id imagine using a darkness based WS would be a bad idea. i know there are several twshtar and ukon floating around so i figured id ask someone who has spambrewed it, what WS they used, how much dmg it did, how many WS per kill.

(i really didnt think about that wildfire thing i guess)

I confirmed it was resistant to dark by doing a darkness SC on him, which did bearly any damage so id imagine using a darkness based WS would be a bad idea. i know there are several twshtar and ukon floating around so i figured id ask someone who has spambrewed it, what WS they used, how much dmg it did, how many WS per kill.

(i really didnt think about that wildfire thing i guess)
    You are aware that darkness/light SC take a random element of the elements that create them and use that for the SC damage. Having fought Orthrus with Ukon, the light skillchains have a chance (1/3 I guess?) of healing him. Its very possible your Darkness skillchain had taken ice damage since you indicate you only did a single darkness SC to him.

Edit: guess it would be a 1/4 chance of dealing fire damage on light SC unless it can't do light damage

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Additionally he's only healed by fire with blaze spikes up, so if you dispelled I'm sure wildfire could take him out before he even got a chance to re-spikes. However if you want something safe you could just use aeolean edge.

Also the testing with the skillchains show it won't pick an element it gets healed by. (Fragmentation tests on puks, check the testing section for the full info.), and seems to choose the element the target is weakest to. Skillchains are magic damage and can resist like any other spell, so one darkness skillchain doesn't spell much for it's actual resistances.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fottiti View Post
    You are aware that darkness/light SC take a random element of the elements that create them and use that for the SC damage. Having fought Orthrus with Ukon, the light skillchains have a chance (1/3 I guess?) of healing him. Its very possible your Darkness skillchain had taken ice damage since you indicate you only did a single darkness SC to him.

Edit: guess it would be a 1/4 chance of dealing fire damage on light SC unless it can't do light damage
    Have you brewed orthrus with cataclysm and not noticed highly resisted damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocara View Post
    Additionally he's only healed by fire with blaze spikes up, so if you dispelled I'm sure wildfire could take him out before he even got a chance to re-spikes. However if you want something safe you could just use aeolean edge.

Also the testing with the skillchains show it won't pick an element it gets healed by. (Fragmentation tests on puks, check the testing section for the full info.), and seems to choose the element the target is weakest to. Skillchains are magic damage and can resist like any other spell, so one darkness skillchain doesn't spell much for it's actual resistances.
    arent magic WSs also magic damage and subject to resistance?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

deleted double

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

arent magic WSs also magic damage and subject to resistance?
    What really matters is if the mob/mob family has -damage % cuts from certain elements. There is a difference between that and magic eva (resistances). Theoretically unless the mob has like 999 resistance against an element you shouldn't get consistently resisted with brew up. (Anyone ever had anything resist with brew up that wasn't a -% element cut?)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For some reason I'm under the impression that we don't get a MAcc/MEva boost beyond the one that results from 999 stats. I don't remember why. >;/

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For some reason I'm under the impression that we don't get a MAcc/MEva boost beyond the one that results from 999 stats. I don't remember why. >;/
    Even with no boost, getting +800 int is at least 400 macc isn't it? The elemental resistance would have to be ridiculously high to resist after that + natural macc (unless there is a cap from stats, although I don't know there's any reason to assume that over the contrary)