Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    On otherwiki the discussion page for the Abyssea-Grauberg quest "The Egg Enthusiast" says you can accept the quest then flux to #3, get the key item and then walk back. I tried this and twice failed the quest. Pretty sure I never aggroed anything but it's possible I did and just outran it I guess. Anyone know if using a conflux before getting the key item causes the quest to fail now?

edit: nope, just tried doing it without using a conflux at all and still failed. what the hell is up with this quest? I am 100% sure I didn't aggro anything.
    The ~5 times i did this quest i would flag quest > run back to flux 8(?) > flux to 3 > get egg > sneak/invis/avoid nms and walk back to quest-giving frenchy. I never had it fail. Are you doing any other action after you've retrieved the egg?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

What's the bare minimum to complete Divine Might now a days? Need to trade in my Bushi-fail for Suppa.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by machiko View Post
    Whats the drop rate like on Triplus Dagger? rare enough to make sure to proc blue or common enough to just kill and take a chance?
    I went 1/2 with blue and TH4

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We also went 1/2 with Blue and TH4. It's the Blue drop, sword is the TH drop, and Snow belt is the 100%.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    What's the bare minimum to complete Divine Might now a days? Need to trade in my Bushi-fail for Suppa.
    I recently did it with 18 (a lot of people responded to my shout) and we just all attacked and everything died pretty much simultaneously. So a lot less than 18 could do it easily

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WAR + SMN should be able to duo it, assuming 2 hours and alexander.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was wondering what the minimum to clear Einherjar would be (base number/job requirements to clear all chambers)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is one dedicated stunner enough for Hedjedjet? BLM mule is gimpy and would only have Haste, Turban and Swift Belt for stun recast - not sure it's enough if he casts as often as Wiki says he can.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terravcota View Post
    Is one dedicated stunner enough for Hedjedjet? BLM mule is gimpy and would only have Haste, Turban and Swift Belt for stun recast - not sure it's enough if he casts as often as Wiki says he can.
    It depends how good your stunner mule is. If he never misses a Stun, one stunner is fine. Recast is less of an issue than missing Bindga with Stun.

When I fight Hedjedjet, it's generally THF, DNC (me), BLM/BRD, WHM, BLU
    If the BLM misses a Bindga, I stun Hell Scissors with Violent Flourish.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It depends how good your stunner mule is. If he never misses a Stun, one stunner is fine. Recast is less of an issue than missing Bindga with Stun.

When I fight Hedjedjet, it's generally THF, DNC (me), BLM/BRD, WHM, BLU
    If the BLM misses a Bindga, I stun Hell Scissors with Violent Flourish.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You don't need any stuns if you have 2 DDs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

He can use Bindga -> Hell Scissors while he has a poison aura up, in my experience. In that case, you need Stun or luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He can use Bindga -> Hell Scissors while he has a poison aura up, in my experience. In that case, you need Stun or luck.
    Thought I saw someone mention that PDT lowers the % it takes? In that case, PDT gear and a semi-quick cure should make it pretty safe.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, he does that all the time. Never been a problem, just cure the DD that got scissored.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Still, why bother when a stunner is a necessary part of your proc team anyway?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    On otherwiki the discussion page for the Abyssea-Grauberg quest "The Egg Enthusiast" says you can accept the quest then flux to #3, get the key item and then walk back. I tried this and twice failed the quest. Pretty sure I never aggroed anything but it's possible I did and just outran it I guess. Anyone know if using a conflux before getting the key item causes the quest to fail now?

edit: nope, just tried doing it without using a conflux at all and still failed. what the hell is up with this quest? I am 100% sure I didn't aggro anything.
    Are you doing it for seals, or just to grind fame? I didn't care about seals and did it just to get fame for Atma of the Ducal Guard. So I spammed the ??? at J-6. Talk to the NPC, turn around and head west. The wall will come up on your right (north on the map). Hug that wall until it turns north. Go down a hill and the ??? is along the wall. Not a far run at all with movement speed. Only thing you really gotta watch out for is the chariot NM among the djinns.

Again, yields no seals, but I'm pretty sure it's the fastest way to grind up fame.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Still, why bother when a stunner is a necessary part of your proc team anyway?
    I am not making assumptions about his jobs, I am just answering the question "how many stunners are needed?". The answer is zero. Why would I pretend he needs stunners?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I read (long ago albeit) that Guard has a 5% activation rate no matter how high your Gaurd Skill is. So many other Monks I know now are all about capping Gaurd Skill right now and I don't know why. So my questions are:

1.) is the 5% activation rate right? or have I been misinformed this entire time?
    2.) Has anything change recently to make capped gaurd a "must-have" for Monk?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keitari View Post
    I read (long ago albeit) that Guard has a 5% activation rate no matter how high your Gaurd Skill is. So many other Monks I know now are all about capping Gaurd Skill right now and I don't know why. So my questions are:

1.) is the 5% activation rate right? or have I been misinformed this entire time?
    2.) Has anything change recently to make capped guard a "must-have" for Monk?
    1) If Guard is analogous to Parrying, then the 5% activation rate is correct.
    2) If Guard is analogous to Parrying, it probably does nothing against high level enemies unless you're totally capped, and then you're looking at a modest increase in proc rate.

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by keitari View Post

2.) Has anything change recently to make capped gaurd a "must-have" for Monk?
    Wasn't ever really a 'must have', more of a completion thing. I don't get hit enough to notice much of a difference.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast