Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    your assumption would be correct, sir. at least now, they'll let Matty Ice toss it a ton and get away from the run. right guys?
    Hope you like 4 yard screens on 3rd and 10.

He's not OC, so you'll be okay. Except for Matty Ice. Guys gonna have zero development, and he certainly needs it.

Guy fucking sucks.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Rofl

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiel View Post
    The first NFL thread of the offseason always makes me sad...no comments since 7am on a Sunday
    blame it on shitty thread title imo

GATTACA!

BG Level

Backstory:
    Basically, a group of seven kids decided to pick on this kid because he was small and his mother was African. They beat him up and left him hung from a fence, but the worst thing though is that the kids filmed the whole thing and despite the fact that Nadin was screaming for help passers by did nothing.
    This is pretty cool:

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Yes, and since Headspace routinely bitched about how terrible he was and his elation at his firing, I am less than pleased.
    Hey now, Miz said the Packers were doomed when they signed Trgovac and now he has a ring. Easy peasy.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Hey now, Miz said the Packers were doomed when they signed Trgovac and now he has a ring. Easy peasy.
    This is a good point, and is why I have since reconsidered and am not predicting doom and gloom.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Oh god, early rumors are that the Bills staff really like Can Newton. I would personally stay away from any QB in this drafts first round. Bills have a ridiculous number of needs on the defensive side but i guess that didn't stop us from taking Spiller last year when we already have 2 1000yrd rushers. I'm secretly hoping for an 0-16 season but i don't see us winning less than 5 games.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Vick is sanchize'd

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We sittin' here, Vick's supposed to be a franchise player, and we in here talkin' bout practice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The NFL confirmed that it filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board against the NFL Players Association on Monday.

The charge states that the players' union has failed to bargain in good faith as a result of its strategy to "disclaim interest" (or "decertify") and file antitrust litigation against the NFL following expiration of the collective bargaining agreement March 3.

The NLRB is an independent federal agency, based in Washington D.C., that enforces the nation's labor laws and referees labor-management disputes.NFL Scouting Combine on NFL Network:
    Follow more than 300 draft prospects with NFL Network's live coverage of the 2011 combine, which will begin on Wednesday, Feb. 24 and continue through Tuesday, March 1.

» Complete combine coverage
    » NFL Network broadcast schedule

The league made the filing as a proactive measure to protect against possible decertification by the players' union.

The filing itself is a public document, in which the NFL claims the NFLPA has engaged in "surface bargaining" and tactics designed to avoid reaching an agreement before the CBA expires so the union can file antitrust litigation against the league.

NFLPA officials met with every team during the course of the season to vote on possible decertification in the event of a lockout or labor impasse, and the measure passed.

The NFLPA has rejected the claim against it and once again pointed out that league owners opted out of the current CBA. The union has previously said it expects the owners to lock out players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

And boom goes the dynamite.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Vick is sanchize'd
    Akers also got transition tag. For some reason, I thought teams couldn't use both franchise and transition tag at the same time. I thought it was one or the other.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

AKERS DA BEST

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

This might be the first labor issue where i'm actually on the players side. The fact that the owners won't open their books is mind boggling to me.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    AKERS DA BEST
    EXCEPT IN PLAYOFF GAMES AGAINST THE PACKERS

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not counting the 4th & 26 game where he won the game against Brett Favre. That was p. tight

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i forgot about akers in the playoffs

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Akers should channel his inner Kurt Warner.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I think i'm loving Dan Patrick's idea for expanding the season by 2 weeks without adding any more regular season games. I absolutely don't want an 18 game schedule. Basically he's getting rid of 2 preseason games and adding 4 more teams to the playoffs which will be seeded 1-8 in each conference. This sorta ensures that the games at the end of the season actually mean something if you're vying for positions. I'd much rather go this route than adding 2 more meaningless games and basically fucking up all the record books (ib4 the same can be said about the postseason).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I think i'm loving Dan Patrick's idea for expanding the season by 2 weeks without adding any more regular season games. I absolutely don't want an 18 game schedule. Basically he's getting rid of 2 preseason games and adding 4 more teams to the playoffs which will be seeded 1-8 in each conference. This sorta ensures that the games at the end of the season actually mean something if you're vying for positions. I'd much rather go this route than adding 2 more meaningless games and basically fucking up all the record books (ib4 the same can be said about the postseason).
    Post season is a little different since seeds 3-6 already have the opportunity to play 4 games (wildcard, divisional, conference, super bowl). With a 1-8 seed playoff, that would eliminate 1st round byes making it so everyone has to win 4 games to be crowned champs. It wouldn't mess with the record books all that much if at all because teams already have an opportunity to play 4 games. Most that can be said is "this is the most <insert stat here> that a #1 or #2 seed has produced" since they virtually get an additional game over #1/2 seeds in the past. Not a big deal.

Edit: Not sure if I like the idea of removing 1st round byes either from a competitive standpoint.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

First round byes would have to stay, i'm just not sure how that would work out if 1 plays 8. Maybe give the top 2 seeds byes and have 3 play 8? I'm up for anything that adds more games without either saturating the playoffs or adding more regular season games. We already have meaningless games at the end as it stands.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast