+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    I don't follow the comics, but does Gordon have a daughter?
    Yes. Barbara Gordon, AKA Batgirl.

Ridill
    BG Level

aka Oracle

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I've always had a hard time remembering where Barbara fit in. In year one, Gordan's wife is pregnant with a son who is born and saved by Bruce when he's just starting out as Batman. And I know Gordan divorced his first wife (who I assumed kept custody of their son), but where did Barbara come in?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

confirmation on JGL's part:
    Well, now we know who Gordon-Levitt will play. According to Variety, it will be Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia boss Carmine Falcone (played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins).

"Alberto Falcone, who is also known as The Holiday Killer, would bring Nolan's superhero trilogy full-circle," says Variety. "The character fits with the helmer's stated intentions for continuity and preference to pit the Caped Crusader against 'realistic' villains, as opposed to cartoonish nemeses such as Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy."

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Implying that Bane is realistic. lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I think he can be portrayed in a fairly realistic manner in the movie, and without being horrendously cheesy.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Implying that Bane is realistic. lol
    Yeah, nothing realistic about a drug that can increase a person's strength.

he'll be a strongarm basically, not that difficult to picture. he doesn't need to fall into a vat of acid/have tubes protruding from his veins to be bane in nolan's world

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

This is correct. I think Nolan can pull Bane off in this film.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How do u think he'll the holiday killer angle into the movie?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Prolly just a side thing. Like Scarecrow in Dark Knight. Can't have to many villains at once in a movie. Can use somebody for a small plot device to keep it moving towards the bigger picture.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Could have Falcone's son have Bane as a hired bodyguard maybe?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I think he can be portrayed in a fairly realistic manner in the movie, and without being horrendously cheesy.
    Agreed. He did Ras'al Ghul well, who, in the comic books, has an immortal life span because he occasionally takes a bath in a magic hot tub. I don't mind him taking some minor liberties with Bane to make the character a little more realistic. If there's one thing I've learned to do with Christopher Nolan, it's to trust his judgment when it comes to filmmaking. That being said, I am a little worried about character overcrowding; Catwoman, Hugo Strange, Bane, and now Holiday. Those are all very good characters, someone is likely going to suffer for lack of character development and/or screen time.

Ridill
    BG Level

was Hugo Strange actually confirmed? I remember talk about it, but that was before Bane and Catwoman. Also before Hugo was known to be in Arkham City.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    was Hugo Strange actually confirmed? I remember talk about it, but that was before Bane and Catwoman. Also before Hugo was known to be in Arkham City.
    Oh, you might be right. I was thinking Tom Hardy was playing Strange, but it's Bane.

EDIT: I think the Holiday story might have to have a different ending, as (Long Halloween spoiler)

Spoiler: show
    Wasn't Harvey Dent single in The Dark Knight? So his wife couldn't be involved?

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

batman should die in this movie

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Wasn't Harvey Dent single in The Dark Knight? So his wife couldn't be involved?
    Yeah he was, dated Rachel and had proposed to her but we all know how that turned out.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    batman should die in this movie
    That would automatically make this the best bat film.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...2185773769.gif

You even caught this man's attention.

batman should get his back broken in this movie

also, conflicting stories about who JGL has been cast as:

http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-conten...ckmaskTDKR.jpg
    http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-conten...alconeTDKR.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by http://batman-news.com/2011/03/21/if-not-falcone-is-joseph-gordon-levitt-black-mask-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#ixzz1HM4srCJr
    It’s been a crazy few days for The Dark Knight Rises news hasn’t it? First Variety confirmed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt joined the cast, then they reported that he was playing Alberto Falcone, and now Entertainment Weekly says he’s playing a completely different role. So who exactly is Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing? Batman on Film thinks they have the answer…

When news broke that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was playing Alberto Falcone, BOF posted the following:

I had heard JGL was definitely playing ONE of the following characters: Black Mask or Alberto Falcone. Honestly, I REALLY thought he was going to be Black Mask and I wasn’t too thrilled about it. I did figured [sic] one of these was a red herring and I’m glad the decoy was [Black Mask] and not Alberto. Really, I thought he was going to be Black Mask and I’m glad I was wrong!

Now this is where things get even crazier. Earlier today after Entertainment Weekly published their article, BOF edited their original post — replacing all references of Black Mask with “Xxxxx Xxxx”. Did BOF make the change to protect their relationship with Warner Bros. in an attempt to not give away Gordon-Levitt’s character? Perhaps. But now the BOF article has been edited again…this time back to it’s original form with “Black Mask” intact. [Update 03/22/11: BOF has once again removed all mentions of Black Mask from their original article]

One things for sure… Variety and Entertainment Weekly, two reputable publications, received conflicting reports on Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s role. With filming just about a month away, we’re likely to get some official information soon to clear up all these casting rumors. So which side are you on? Alberto Falcone, Black Mask, someone else? Let your opinion be heard in the comments.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/juno-t...nightrises.jpg

Juno Temple has now offically been confirmed as starring in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. When we reported the Joseph Gordon-Levitt news, she was said to be playing “a street-smart Gotham girl.” That description did not give much to go on. There has been speculation that she could be playing a character based on Frank Miller’s version of Robin from the original Dark Knight mini-series. It is much more likely that her role is based on another or Miller's characters, Holly Robinson, who is friend to Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.

For those of you not familar, Holly Robinson first appeared in Batman: Year One. She was “a juvenile prostitute who lives with Selina Kyle,” and in various incarnations has actually been trained to replace Selina Kyle as Catwoman. Juno Temple’s basic appearance definitely works with the way the character has been drawn over the years."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/3/24...kely-catw.html
    http://www.showblitz.com/2011/03/sou...-batman-3.html
    http://www.slashfilm.com/juno-temple...k/#more-101085

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast