Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I dont think even additional 30 min can make this movie not suck
    Well I'd say 30 mins not needed because it already didn't suck. I just want more.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I dont think even additional 30 min can make this movie not suck

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A little late, but the movie felt to me like it was very poorly written tbh. Seemed like some sort of lazy rush job, its your standard Van damme plot, he fights a guy, guy wins, he sulks trys harder, he wins.. Blah Blah. Not to mention the needless twists, and Bane being pretty damn poor as far as villains go. Cat woman was the only new character i liked.

I really hoped for more, the action was good, the movie was very well shot and put together, but the narrative was piss poor imo.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The Dark Knight Rises

Does it matter if it's any longer to expand Bane's origin? The character still turns out to be a cliche'd bitch in love at the end of the movie.

BG Level

Bane was a good villain, imo. It's his end that makes his entire character worthless

I keep lying to myself and saying this was Nolan's middle finger to the douche bags that made him change the story... sweet, sweet nolan, you can do no wrong

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I hope to god there's no extended cut, I'm going to have to watch this again when my friends get it on Blu Ray and I don't know if I can handle more of the boring storyline. Now, give me an extra 20 minutes of Catwoman, and I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    A little late, but the movie felt to me like it was very poorly written tbh. Seemed like some sort of lazy rush job, its your standard Van damme plot, he fights a guy, guy wins, he sulks trys harder, he wins.. Blah Blah. Not to mention the needless twists, and Bane being pretty damn poor as far as villains go. Cat woman was the only new character i liked.

I really hoped for more, the action was good, the movie was very well shot and put together, but the narrative was piss poor imo.
    I pretty much feel the same way. Catwoman was a total surprise to me, she was fantastic and stole the whole show. Way better than Scralet Jo-ho in the Avengers which was the token useless chick. I'd say this Catwoman was my favorite rendition of a female character from comic books.

However, this supposed to be a fuckin Batman movie. I think Nolan tried to get too clever with the script and his social commentary on class division. I guess he tried to capture the eye of all those lazy fucks that been protesting Wall Street and blaming their trouble on the corporate America. For me it was a total miss and Bane came out being as much of a worthless villain as he did in the Cloney Batman.

Nolan has plenty of story to pull from Knightsfall to make this a great movie. I wish there was more to the characters and more to Batman/Bruce Wayne, after all, this movie supposed to be about god damn Batman.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For me it was a total miss and Bane came out being as much of a worthless villain as he did in the Cloney Batman.
    Thats an idiotic thing to say even if you didn't like Bane.

He was completely worthless and boring

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

He was completely worthless and boring
    I didn't hate Bane, but I certainly didn't get what I was expecting, and it was made even worse when he wasn't the real Lillian all along. I felt cheated.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My only complaint was that he got the spotlight taken from him in the end. But other than that he delivered in a big way as far as I'm concerned. Hardy gave a very underrated performance, and he actually made Bane into terrifying force with just his eyes. I wish Talia didn't upstage him, but I always knew it was coming from the few hints the movie gave and the shittons of pre release backstage info. I just didn't expect them to retcon Bane's origins onto Talia. But then again, Bane being Ra's al Ghul's son didn't make much sense either.

Storyline kinks aside though, Bane was awesome.

For me, had Tom Hardy had clear audio the whole time, his performance would have rivaled Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta. The V character was amazing for me, in how charismatic and emotional it was, despite having no facial features. I watch that movie every time now, looking for subtle differences in the mask, shadows or changes in the shape, hoping to see differences.

The Bane villian was scarier with the Goatse mask. Tom Hardy did well with his physicial presence on the screen. It's a shame he couldn't be 7 feet tall, 300 pounds, and enunciate better.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

December 4th Bluray Release
    limited broken cowl edition

cool but I hoped there's a trilogy box set...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The ending of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises sparked a lot of discussion and debate amoung fanboys and fangirls. It even sparked rumors that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would end up playing the new Batman in future films. Most recently there was a big rumor that he would be playing Batman in Justice League, which his reps quickly shot down.

I liked the open natured ending of Nolan's film, it left me with a feeling of hope that the Gotham City Nolan created will always be protected. Sure I thought it would be cool to see the franchise go on with Gordon-Levitt taking the lead, but I never really expected it to happen because Nolan said over and over again that this would be his last film, and that it would close his story.

The director recently sat down for an interview with Film Comment, and during that interview he explained his open-ended finish to the film saying,

For me, The Dark Knight Rises is specifically and definitely the end of the Batman story as I wanted to tell it, and the open-ended nature of the film is simply a very important thematic idea that we wanted to get into the movie, which is that Batman is a symbol. He can be anybody, and that was very important to us. Not every Batman fan will necessarily agree with that interpretation of the philosophy of the character, but for me it all comes back to the scene between Bruce Wayne and Alfred in the private jet in Batman Begins, where the only way that I could find to make a credible characterization of a guy transforming himself into Batman is if it was as a necessary symbol, and he saw himself as a catalyst for change and therefore it was a temporary process, maybe a five-year plan that would be enforced for symbolically encouraging the good of Gotham to take back their city. To me, for that mission to succeed, it has to end, so this is the ending for me, and as I say, the open-ended elements are all to do with the thematic idea that Batman was not important as a man, he’s more than that. He’s a symbol, and the symbol lives on.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/11/2...en-ending.html
    http://filmcomment.com/article/cinem...-scott-foundas

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nolan like a boss.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    December 4th Bluray Release
    limited broken cowl edition

cool but I hoped there's a trilogy box set...
    There's this but it doesn't have anything cool like the cowl. I can't find a pre-order for the broken cowl set though.

http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Trilogy...he+dark+knight

Ridill
    BG Level

I already own Batman Begins on both dvd and bluray and two copies of Dark Knight on Bluray. Not sure I'd buy a trilogy box set lol
    Though for that amazon price of $30, it might be hard to pass up given DKR by itself will probably be $20-30

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah its 5 bucks more than TDKR, and I only have TDK on bluray so I might buy it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is just a fan made video, but I thought it was fucking hilarious.