+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Anderson will get his wife to play a psychic orphan turned into a T-1000, who decides to disobey her programming and go back in time, defeating every other Terminator in hand-to-hand combat wearing nothing but a towel and sucking on a Marlboro for the entire film, including a scene where she locks Kyle Reese in a car trunk and then destroys an entire battalion of terminators by running them over with a Japanese motorcycle. She then breaks out of her amnesia to remember she's John Connor's daughter, who was replaced with an evil clone, and she'd also called Skynet, which is now an organic spaceship the size of Canada, into this dimension after her parents were killed by berserk cyborgs and her future boyfriend couldn't help because he was busy resurrecting Mary Magdalene as a brown dominatrix terminator. Cue emotional breakdown and shower scene, then cut to upbeat trance music while she loads a bunch of Desert Eagle magazines and rips her clothes some more before putting them back on. She hides John Connor in a Schrödinger box and rides off into the sunset after uttering a one-liner about the real fight just beginning, followed by an army of clones flying off to destinations unknown while strapped to nuclear missiles.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Please not a comedy Terminator. Or a war movie terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Anderson will get his wife to play a psychic orphan turned into a T-1000, who decides to disobey her programming and go back in time, defeating every other Terminator in hand-to-hand combat wearing nothing but a towel and sucking on a Marlboro for the entire film, including a scene where she locks Kyle Reese in a car trunk and then destroys an entire battalion of terminators by running them over with a Japanese motorcycle. She then breaks out of her amnesia to remember she's John Connor's daughter, who was replaced with an evil clone, and she'd also called Skynet, which is now an organic spaceship the size of Canada, into this dimension after her parents were killed by berserk cyborgs and her future boyfriend couldn't help because he was busy resurrecting Mary Magdalene as a brown dominatrix terminator. Cue emotional breakdown and shower scene, then cut to upbeat trance music while she loads a bunch of Desert Eagle magazines and rips her clothes some more before putting them back on. She hides John Connor in a Schrödinger box and rides off into the sunset after uttering a one-liner about the real fight just beginning, followed by an army of clones flying off to destinations unknown while strapped to nuclear missiles.
    Far too plausible and classy for a Paul W.S. Anderson movie.
    E: Wait, I know: throw in some bad CGI, some mis-placed slow-motion, and make everything fly at the camera for "3-D" and you've got a deal.

Why do they keep giving him work anyway?

because his horrible, bastardization of great source material makes money unfortunately

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Genius

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Justin Lin has been on a role lately with box office domination, Fast Five raked in over $600 million at the box office. Earlier we reported that Lin was set to direct the fifth insallment of the Terminator franchise. The Playlist reports that Lin has met with both James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger on the project.

Here is what he had to say about the film:

“ ‘Terminator’ is something I’ve been having a lot of fun with,” Lin told us in an interview to support forthcoming video release of “Fast Five.” “Just even this week, I had a great meeting with Arnold andJames Cameron, just sitting down unofficially. And James is so gracious because he’s not part of the project, he’s not going to be producing, but it was great of him just as a filmmaker to take time out to just talk.”
    The next film for Lin is Fast and Furioius 6. After Fast Five did so well, he was offered other franchises including Die Hard 5. He revealed that he was happy to be able to have options, saying “I feel very honored to be included, and I’ve talked to a lot of different studios, and they’re some amazing franchises that I love.” He was forced to decline the offers becaus he was not able to get creative control.

Lin goes on to say:

“I’ve had to kind of walk away from a lot of stuff,” he explained. “Because I’m in a position that I can at least assess what I want to do with it. I feel like with a lot of these other franchises, it’s hard to be a director for hire, because you want to go in, and if you’re going to like join something that exists, I think it’s going to have to be built from the ground up, in a way. I think having a filmmaker approach to a franchise is the ultimate goal.” Although he insisted he was grateful for the opportunity to be considered to direct “Die Hard 5,” he reveals why he wound up not taking it on. “For many of the projects, I feel very privileged, but I just know it wasn’t the right situation. And the first ‘Die Hard’ changed me as a kid when I watched it. But ‘Die Hard 5’ is just not something that I’m going to do, or I’m interested in.”
    Lin was not able to confirm if Terminator would be the next film for him after Fast and Furious 6. Schwarzenegger has to film The Last Stand. He revealed:

“I don’t know where it’s going to lead, but I never thought at this level I’m going to be able to meet filmmakers and be in situations where they’re that gracious and insightful and so inclusive. And that’s a franchise that I’m working on right now, but again, if I’m going to be kind of the gatekeeper to it, I want to make sure that I can hopefully build it up the right way – and so far that’s been the most fun. Just to be able to take James Cameron’s brain and for him to be so open even though he has no stakes in it, just as a human being, that’s something that I will always remember as a part of my journey as a filmmaker.”
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/11...on-termin.html
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...r_to_talk_ter/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Terminator reboot (2015)

Cast
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Writers
    Laeta Kalorgridis
    Patrick Lussier

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year.
    Source

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever. If they fuck with it in anyway, they will all rot in the deepest, darkest pits of some rapists basement.

Ya, I'm a little upset

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Why?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I thought they learned their lesson after Salvation.

Rebooting this franchise is beyond pointless. Arnie is waaaaaay too old to be of use to the franchise anymore and as much as it helped define his career its time he leave this classic alone.

But anyway, can't wait for the geriatric model to be sent back in time to protect Sarah Connors grandma from Skynet.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There was a rumor of a Terminator 5 with Ahnold and The Rock, I don't know if this is still that same movie or not.

BG Level

Terminator 5: Time Drift

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Stop fucking rebooting everything.

BG Level

I understand rebooting old shitty movies like Judge Dredd and the like. But everybody loves the Terminator series. Nobody is going to like the new ones as much as the old ones.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Judge Dredd is a fucking classic dude. Near-Fifth Element levels of awesome.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I understand rebooting old shitty movies like Judge Dredd and the like. But everybody loves the Terminator series. Nobody is going to like the new ones as much as the old ones.
    p much

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Judge Dredd is a fucking classic dude. Near-Fifth Element levels of awesome.
    Get the fuck out son.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

T1 and T2 are amazing. Why even fuck with these? Wth!?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever. If they fuck with it in anyway, they will all rot in the deepest, darkest pits of some rapists basement.

Ya, I'm a little upset
    Seconded.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237977458_th...terminator.gif