Closed Thread
Page 1008 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 958 998 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1018 1058 ... LastLast
    Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'm game for refreshing some VOG. I greatly miss that content

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I expect whatever is coming in the Spring will be House of Wolves-sized, the larger update in the fall will be TTK-sized.

At least, that's what I'm hoping, because if they want to wait an entire year to give us something like House of Wolves I'll definitely be done with the game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Have you been playing Crimson Days, but have yet to score one of the Ghosts that we created for the event? Feedback has been unmistakable: the drop rate has been pretty low. We agree. We took a look at the data, and the number of Ghosts awarded has not been what we expected.

That's no way to tell you that we love you, so a fix is in the works.

Check it out:

After the event is over, we'll deliver Ghosts to the Postmaster
    Anyone who has competed in seven matches will receive one
    You had to actually compete though - no suicide pacts!
    Your Ghost will be Chocolate or Crimson - the odds are even
    320 Light will be guaranteed - the odds are totally in your favor
    Packages will be addressed by account, not character
    Qualifying players will receive their Ghost by February 23rd

If you've already put up the good fight in seven matches, you're on our list. If you want in on this, you still have time to earn your reward. Crimson Days comes to an end with the Weekly Reset on February 16th.

Grab a partner and throw down. We'll have something sweet for you when all is said and done - whether you win or lose.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44361

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Never ceases to amaze me how they can bullshit with "we took a look at the data and are surprised by the results." You know what the goddamn drop rate is, the data correlates it.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Anyone wanna do some Crimson shit with me tonight?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Have you been playing Crimson Days, but have yet to score one of the Ghosts that we created for the event? Feedback has been unmistakable: the drop rate has been pretty low. We agree. We took a look at the data, and the number of Ghosts awarded has not been what we expected.
    How many fucking times are they going to do this? God, Bungie is one of the most frustrating game developers out there.

I'm down for a content refresh though as long as it's done well. I really enjoyed both VoG and PoE. I also just miss the game; nothing else has filled the void particularly well other than a good run in D3 until I reached the point of hyper marginal returns per hour spent.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I should be around

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    If by Crimson shit you mean raid then sure, still have Hunter to run through.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    How many fucking times are they going to do this? God, Bungie is one of the most frustrating game developers out there.

I'm down for a content refresh though as long as it's done well. I really enjoyed both VoG and PoE. I also just miss the game; nothing else has filled the void particularly well other than a good run in D3 until I reached the point of hyper marginal returns per hour spent.
    You look at Bungie struggling to write four paragraphs a week about what they're doing. Then you go look at 343 Industries and almost every weekly update looks like this. And they pump out as much shit every month as Bungie put into each of the first two Expansions. It's embarrassing.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Anyone for some Raid fun? Come on, do eeeeeettttt

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone for KF HM? Myrrh, Fiend and I atm.

BG Level

Mmaayyybbeeee

Oh that's was way earlyer lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thanks Fiend and Myrrh for assisting in my first Challenge mode raid attempt lol, sorry I got confused on Oryx, but didn't realize it was rotating platforms till near the end.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You look at Bungie struggling to write four paragraphs a week about what they're doing. Then you go look at 343 Industries and almost every weekly update looks like this. And they pump out as much shit every month as Bungie put into each of the first two Expansions. It's embarrassing.
    To be fair, Bungie's weekly updates were longer during the earlier portions of the game's life cycle. Regardless, Destiny could have been the best game ever with some common sense changes, namely on the social front. If Destiny 2 does not remedy these basic issues, I am going to be very upset...then likely play the game anyways because I am weak.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bungie in all honestly know already we're all so hooked on this game, that they can give us a pile of shit (undoing shit they did in crucible and hailing it as a massive improvement) and know we'll still eat it up.

Regardless, people mentioned before that Activision might be the one pulling the strings on lack of teasers in weekly update, considering it seems most of Bungie was under a NDA in regards to mentioning any future plans regarding Destiny, until Activisions stockholders heard it first. Would seem if true that Bungie is more and more becoming a puppet company for its publisher.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Bungie in all honestly know already we're all so hooked on this game, that they can give us a pile of shit (undoing shit they did in crucible and hailing it as a massive improvement) and know we'll still eat it up.
    Nah, I haven't logged in since January 9th. Though I would have logged in last night had I seen the post about the raid in time. Unless I'm going to be doing things with people I know, I don't care about (playing) the game right now.

I'll come back when the light cap is increased and to try any new PvE content, but I'm getting tired of Bungie's bullshit. I finally came to realize that grinding for "perfect" gear is worthless. When HoW came out I was constantly rerolling for perfect (or near) rolls on guns. Taken King comes out and those guns became shit. Reaching 320 doesn't really do anything, it seems like 311+ is the number to hit to make a difference. And with the light cap increasing, it makes me even happier I didn't grind out that last light level on Hunter just for bragging points.

Unless things change a lot with how they do things I don't see myself continuing with year 2+. I do feel like I got my money's worth so far, but it's the future that has me skeptical. I have no problem with Bungie doing PvP events, but their focus seems to be more on PvP than the PvE aspect and the PvE stuff was the biggest selling point of the game for me. If I wanted to play PvP I would have got one of the many other FPS games out there that make it the focus.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Nah, I haven't logged in since January 9th. Though I would have logged in last night had I seen the post about the raid in time. Unless I'm going to be doing things with people I know, I don't care about (playing) the game right now.

I'll come back when the light cap is increased and to try any new PvE content, but I'm getting tired of Bungie's bullshit. I finally came to realize that grinding for "perfect" gear is worthless. When HoW came out I was constantly rerolling for perfect (or near) rolls on guns. Taken King comes out and those guns became shit. Reaching 320 doesn't really do anything, it seems like 311+ is the number to hit to make a difference. And with the light cap increasing, it makes me even happier I didn't grind out that last light level on Hunter just for bragging points.

Unless things change a lot with how they do things I don't see myself continuing with year 2+. I do feel like I got my money's worth so far, but it's the future that has me skeptical. I have no problem with Bungie doing PvP events, but their focus seems to be more on PvP than the PvE aspect and the PvE stuff was the biggest selling point of the game for me. If I wanted to play PvP I would have got one of the many other FPS games out there that make it the focus.
    Yeah, this is why I've never min-maxed in Destiny. Just try to hit critical light thresholds, roll a tripod/horseshoes launcher for PVP, get a decent legendary sniper and you're good until the next patch. That's pretty much the universal formula over Destiny's existence.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't like the grind for perfect gear that will be useless in a few months model on any game. Idk how people put up with that shot.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It just doesn't exist anymore these days with the focus on vertical progression / big numbers syndrome. In XI where you were LV 75 for a decade, it kind of made sense to obsess over marginal upgrades. In XIV / Destiny / D3 / etc now? No, go outside or at the very least play a different game (or PVP because PVP is teh best).

BG Level

I try for a better sniper when I can and that's about it. Still fun to pvp now and then just not hard core like I used to. Almost thinking cod to fill my pvp needs but usually pisses me off more.