+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Game     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Think I'll pick it up in December for the holiday sale

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Also they’ve changed up the structure a bit, instead of each episode having five chapters, they now have three. There are also now missable achievements/trophies depending on what you do. Also...no chapter select option for replays.
    That's quite a departure - even The Wolf Among Us allowed you to replay chapters. I imagine the hard core trophy hunters won't flock to this one quite so readily; curious if that will hurt sales at all.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'll wait until all four episodes are out. I don't enjoy the episodic element to games very much - it breaks up the rhythm and impact of the story in my opinion.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

same, i'm about it gotta see how it all ends with Clem, but fuggehdaboud actually playing episodic games episodically.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    That's quite a departure - even The Wolf Among Us allowed you to replay chapters. I imagine the hard core trophy hunters won't flock to this one quite so readily; curious if that will hurt sales at all.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'll wait until all four episodes are out. I don't enjoy the episodic element to games very much - it breaks up the rhythm and impact of the story in my opinion.
    I don't think it'd hurt really, first episode is only 2 hours ish (I think 2:30?) long, so it's not long to replay but the way this particular chapter played out, it's actually a good idea to replay it to see how it completely plays out with different choices but definitely makes sense why some would dislike that. As always though, I'll forever hate TTG's illusion of choice though, but the new engine is pretty nice. The missables aren't that bad either, (only missable because 2 of the items are just...random asf you wouldn't think to look for it/at it your first time..) but it rewards those who looks absolutely everywhere, talk to everyone and look at everything.

I definitely like this a lot better than S3 so far.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m hoping since they are marketing this as the FINAL season of TWD that they do away with the illusion of choice thing and actually implement meaningful choice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For those who haven’t heard the news, TellTale Games was suddenly and rather unexpectedly shuttered and laid off massive amounts of staff, leaving behind a skeleton crew of 20-30 people to finish out their contractually obligated Minecraft: Story Mode game. What does this mean for the final season of TWD? As of now, Ep 2 will release as scheduled. Ep 3 and 4 will likely never be completed unless the license is sold to another studio to finish. No word on if people who bought a season pass will receive a refund. What an awful way for Clementine’s story to conclude.

In related news this means Wolf Among Us S2 and Game of Thrones S2, as well as Stranger Things have been cancelled.

BG Level

huge bummer man. heard this season was off to it's best start since 1 and really did want to see the end of Clem's story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TTG says on Twitter they have received offers from “multiple potential partners” expressing interest in helping them finish The Walking Dead, and they are working towards a solution.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    TTG says on Twitter they have received offers from “multiple potential partners” expressing interest in helping them finish The Walking Dead, and they are working towards a solution.
    The issue now is that since TWD staff are gone whoever takes the reins will be able to take this story in whatever way they want.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    The issue now is that since TWD staff are gone whoever takes the reins will be able to take this story in whatever way they want.
    They could also potentially hire some of those people from TWD staff to keep continuity with the current system rather than starting completely fresh.

BG Level

That is what I'm hoping on. Since even if another company secures TWD and the script/assets I fear it will feel completely different... assuming they don't try to rewrite the script in whatever way.

BG Level

Announced last night that Skybound Games will complete the final episodes of this. Some of the Telltale staff will be involved.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They've only had a video game division since April 2018 and have developed ports of PC games since then.

BG Level

Now an Epic Games exclusive. People who purchased the season pass prior to TTG going bankrupt will still get updates on their platform. But if you want to buy it now it's only available through Epic Games storefront.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Now an Epic Games exclusive. People who purchased the season pass prior to TTG going bankrupt will still get updates on their platform. But if you want to buy it now it's only available through Epic Games storefront.
    It's still on PSN.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's talking about on PC.

BG Level

TBH I wasn't aware of PSN. But yeah if you were hoping it'd be back on Steam... RIP.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I kinda figured Epic would have it pull from all platforms and only offer on PC for a bit to try and drive people to their storefront. At the very least, pulled from PSN/Xbox until ownership was figured out.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Epic ain't got that kind of pull.

They're just trying to muscle in on Valve's market share by buying exclusivity deals on PC to try to force people onto their vastly inferior launcher.