+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Possibly a difference in monitor or video card performance? Hard to say. I'm also maxed on everything, but I dunno if that means my GTX285 is capable of doing everything I'm telling it to while my monitor is also a good number of years old and not HD.

Speaking of water rifts. Either it was the mobs, or do the rifts themselves create geysers that'll knock you around? Had it happen doing one in Moonshade, but didn't try a second since none popped near where I was questing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

I'm not sure what the issue could be -- I'm using a GTX580, i7 CPU, 6gig RAM and a big-ass HDTV as my monitor. Running the game at 1920x1080 and the only thing I haven't got maxed is ground clutter density and radius (as the area I'm currently questing in has a lot of swaying grass that rapes my framerate).

I thought it might be something to do with the gamma override but that just makes the whole game look dark and washed out. *shrug*

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just walking on through an area I'm fairly sure is a defiant zone of Scarwood Reach. Walk down a stairway and suddenly I'm attacked by a Guardian NPC, hits really hard and kills me and my pet with no problem. I check where it runs back it, and its just a random NPC hiding under a stairwell in the middle of all these NPCs that are green to me >_>a I'm flagged for PvP too now.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Bah, Defiant. You'll know the next time I offer you any advice. :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue could be -- I'm using a GTX580, i7 CPU, 6gig RAM and a big-ass HDTV as my monitor. Running the game at 1920x1080 and the only thing I haven't got maxed is ground clutter density and radius (as the area I'm currently questing in has a lot of swaying grass that rapes my framerate).

I thought it might be something to do with the gamma override but that just makes the whole game look dark and washed out. *shrug*
    The only thing I can think of is the quality of the file itself, I use MSI Afterburner which takes pretty gigantic/high quality jpgs which I then open up in photoshop and resave (not resize) to something a bit smaller (500-800kbish goal). FRAPS takes pretty shitty jpg screenshots for me, not sure if it's like that for anyone else. Though you could just use png with FRAPS and convert that to jpg in photoshop as well. I go with jpg since I don't always have to open them up in photoshop, just the 1.2mb ones.

My settings:
    http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...t/settings.jpg

Edit: Now that I think about it, the game takes pretty good screenshots as well. I just don't really care to go find the screenshot folder (or make a shortcut) every time I want to upload some.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

EDIT: Sorry, it froze on me and it double posted!

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Glitched mount: I AM BOWSER

Its been like that all day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

A few SS's I like (max settings).. though its scaled down so doesn't look as good
    http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...-01_235005.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v...-01_233618.jpg

Just walking on through an area I'm fairly sure is a defiant zone of Scarwood Reach. Walk down a stairway and suddenly I'm attacked by a Guardian NPC, hits really hard and kills me and my pet with no problem. I check where it runs back it, and its just a random NPC hiding under a stairwell in the middle of all these NPCs that are green to me >_>a I'm flagged for PvP too now.
    That NPC's involved with a Guardian quest where you have to sabotage 4 things in the area. Even if you're not flagged for PvP, select enemy faction mobs can still aggro you if their name's red, and acting on them will flag you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Shimmersands Lvl 44-50

Spoiler: show

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Even if you're not flagged for PvP, select enemy faction mobs can still aggro you if their name's red, and acting on them will flag you.
    Yes I know this. This is the case for every game that has this type of PvP system in place. I just thought it was funny that you have 0 warning for this NPC especially for where hes hiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Shimmersands Lvl 44-50
    I hope the zones from 38-44 are more lively >_> Scarwood = drab, droughtlands = drab. Zone full of sand seems pretty monotonous from what I can see in those screenshots lol

I set mine to max after seeing some of the screens people have. It was awesome for about 5 min until my card overheated and shut my pc down.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Sucky card, I run a 5770 which is cheap to get and I run everything on max with NO lag during anything.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I fraps the lvl48 Open world raid boss in Stillmore, Baron Kravic.

Now I figured out how to upload stuff in decent quality, I might make a thing of it.

Level 48 bard perspective not the most fun point of view I apologise.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

what type of quest is that where hes the objective of? that a cult story questline?

I don't care, make something up!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    what type of quest is that where hes the objective of? that a cult story questline?
    weekly raid quest in stillmoor, get access at 48. Also one in shimmersands for plaques.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Sucky card, I run a 5770 which is cheap to get and I run everything on max with NO lag during anything.
    2 year old 4750 (or something)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast