+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

I found Reaver/Paladin/Void Knight to be fairly survivable, but that shouldn't be too surprising since it's more of a tank combo. Main focus into Reaver, dumping points into Paladin for armor first, then their endurance buff, then block rate. VK's mainly for the MDEF buff you can get off the bat. Not much point in spreading yourself thin at later levels, but part of me hopes we'll eventually get some quests that award more points to spend. For all the talk of the three class system and customization, it's rough to even invest modestly in 2 classes, let alone 3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    How exactly does one finish the Tombs of old quest? I found the bitch's satchel but i don't know where i'm supposed to find Uriel.
    That took me a while to figure out...
    You have to go back to Meridian after you get the satchel. Talk to Uriel who's in the middle tower top level. Then you go back to Iron tombs and there's a communication device I think after the first shard thingy that you destroy just a little bit down the path.

Not sure after that but it should be easy enough, it's just finding the npc without indication that's a bitch.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I found Reaver/Paladin/Void Knight to be fairly survivable, but that shouldn't be too surprising since it's more of a tank combo. Main focus into Reaver, dumping points into Paladin for armor first, then their endurance buff, then block rate. VK's mainly for the MDEF buff you can get off the bat. Not much point in spreading yourself thin at later levels, but part of me hopes we'll eventually get some quests that award more points to spend. For all the talk of the three class system and customization, it's rough to even invest modestly in 2 classes, let alone 3.
    I tried that, and had better luck with Paladin/Reaver/Warlord, but that's me And I agree... I mainly have points in Paladin and Reaver... not too many in warlord.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

RiftBlade is fucking broken in my bracket in pvp, I've been consistantly doing twice the damage and kills of the one after me in the rankings, its completely insane when you have good gear, yet I'm curious on how to boost their damage. I've tried spellpower+intelligence and quickly came to the conclusion that warriors weren't using those stats, since there was a reduction in damage. Now I've been trying one handers with roughly the same dps as some 2 handers, yet lower base damage, and they were doing the same damage in everything that doesn't have weapon base dmg as a modifier. So I'm thinking it's just based off the base weapon dmg + some random stat I haven't tested yet, but does anybody have a better answer than this?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Also, in response to Arus2001's post above that I quoted, I would assume more points would come in as they raise the level cap, making it easier to spread points out. But since this game was recently released not even one month, we probably will not see this type of change for awhile

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Laude View Post
    Also, should I bother buying gear right now with my sourcestones? The ones in the King's Retreat's planar vendor don't seem to be that impressive (even the epic legs don't look that great) and look to be replaced by questing gear soon. =/
    I don't know what kind of armor you wear, but the plate body piece (and legs too) are pretty nice to have if you can rack up the currency early for them. It really doesn't take that long to do the rifts, just need to get a few where you are near the top of the contribution list to get the blue/purple coins.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is Rift down? I don't remember there being a maintenance announced, the site is down for me and I can't log in at all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdreamer View Post
    Is Rift down? I don't remember there being a maintenance announced, the site is down for me and I can't log in at all.
    Site works for me, and shard status page shows them all as Online. At work so I can't log in to check.

Just logged out an hour ago. Was in for about 2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm sites working now but I can't log in, says the server can't connect to the authenticator.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

That's what problem i'm having as well. Except i still cannot access the site/forums

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe a Steam thing?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azlea Mhoone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boo... http://twitter.com/Riftgame

We are aware that many of you are having issues accessing the game and forums. We are investigating that now. Thanks. ^Zann

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Not sure where to put this, but I just saw this posted on massively and haven't seen it posted yet:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03...base-for-rift/

The website itself for the database is http://rift.zam.com/

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Riftpatcher going at 2.5 kbps; is it just me or did everyone get a shitty connection when updating after installing?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Riftpatcher going at 2.5 kbps; is it just me or did everyone get a shitty connection when updating after installing?
    Yep, mine was going that slowly last night as well

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It either didn't go slow for me or has been fixed, I updated at 300kb/s for me when I got back home today after a week out.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can you send mail from Guardian to Defiant or doesn't that matter? If you can't then is the Auction House segregated also?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Now it has failed. Error 1032...?

Edit: Tried a thrid time, now going at 1mb or so for the first time in hours.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I always update at 2mb/s lol. It's fucking awesome, SE can eat my ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast