Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Rift: Random Question Thread

Guess i'll start this

Is there a way to get any achievement rewards to show up under the achievements? I've seen it a couple of times of people talking about doing X achievement for a title or something but i have no idea where they are looking to find out what achievements reward what titles, or any other reward for that matter.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

How about viewing completed quests? I'd sure like that option. One of our guys was trying to tell me a pre-req quest, but couldn't remember its name or where it was located. Since nobody could find a "show completed quests" option, it kinda sucked.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone seen a good site that has crafting recipes? I have used runebreak on a couple of blues and it has returned items that I have no idea what recipe to use with them. I have pretty much looked all over and there is not a comprehensive list of recipes, or items for that matter, like there was for ffxiv when it started. Heck even Fallen Earth right after launch had a better crafting database than I have been able to find for Rift.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I haven't been able to find a good site with comprehensive info either. ZAM and telarapedia both suck, although at least zam has a nice soul builder.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Does anyone know a website that can tell me where quest items drop off mobs etc, cause I am 37/38 quests in scarlet gorge and silverwood. I know they are not from NPCs because pretty much every quest from npcs direct you around. So I wouldn't of missed one quest that way. I must of got unlucky with a drop at some stage. Thanks.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quick question:

I was doing the Rift quests where you have to get the yellow drop item (sorry not at home right now) and the first two I just right-clicked the drop and fought the summoned monster, then turned in the quest.

On the current one, I right-click the yellow drop item and nothing happens so I can't unlock the job I am intersted in.

SOmething I am doing wrong / summon requirements I am missing?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

theres a net in your inventory, use that, not the drop

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    theres a net in your inventory, use that, not the drop
    Now also appears in the quest log. Even easier now that you don't have to target that impossible shadow thing that was always under everyone's feet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Alright so I've been doing warfronts for the last hour and managed to snag over 1.2k favor. Thing is, I've been checking the lv25 blue sets and they only ask for 500ish a piece, is that normal or is it intended to be able to get a whole set in 2 hours?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Alright so I've been doing warfronts for the last hour and managed to snag over 1.2k favor. Thing is, I've been checking the lv25 blue sets and they only ask for 500ish a piece, is that normal or is it intended to be able to get a whole set in 2 hours?
    Things jump in price quite a bit. The level 30 gear out at Scarwood Reach is 5k favor each.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ok so I have a question for those who do this:

Why did you pick up Rift to do the generic quest grind many other MMO's have? I have read threads on the Rift forums and someone even mentioned it here about running out of quests to do before the mobs are too high level for them. But uhh...why do you do this? I run around and I will grind large chunks of a level going from Rift to Rift. I'll often stop in and run some Warfronts, which are quite fun. I run dungeons repeatedly with my friends or randoms if I feel like it. I rarely ever quest.

Now, I can understand if you're 40+ and you're a class that can't solo well for Rifts and there aren't many for warfronts/dungeons, but in the 20's/30's you should be able to find people to do things with if necessary. I am often out soloing Rifts on my tank and get a random dps to show up and boy do I love that because I kill so slowly as a tank (at least if I have to solo them one at a time since they're elite). So why do the quest grind in an MMO that's actual name is about something else?

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well I quest because I can only really get on at late night to play... so theres no one on to instance with and all the rifts are dead. But right now I'm 28 and my quests have monsters that are level 32 :\ Everything whiffs, so I guess I have to try and rift a bit between schoolwork tomorrow just so i can continue questing at night.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Well I quest because I can only really get on at late night to play... so theres no one on to instance with and all the rifts are dead. But right now I'm 28 and my quests have monsters that are level 32 :\ Everything whiffs, so I guess I have to try and rift a bit between schoolwork tomorrow just so i can continue questing at night.
    Even as late as 30min ago there were still Rifts up in the 30's that I could go and do. Granted it eventually had one spawn elite and I didn't feel like running to the other side of the map to see if it was elite or normal, there were still Rifts!

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What I meant by dead, is that theres absolutely no one around. :\

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Warfronts are a great way to gain experience points and levels. Even at the very early hours you can get positioned into a group because it's cross shard. PvP isn't for everyone but it's a great alternative to leveling past a point where you seem to be stuck as i have personally experienced your situation with being stuck on quest monsters being to difficult. There was talks of a cross shard auto dungeon finder from the higher ups and i sure do hope that it gets implemented soon.

Saga Story Quests: I like the fact they thought it would be cool to implement something that required you to use your brain, I do not like that fact i have no clue how to do the next stage so hoping someone here can help.

We have got the Control Decive, Plus a Gnar Brain. However when we looked at what a Pure Distilate was we saw it was a crafted item. Does anyone know where to get this recipe from or how to obtain it, i have read different databases and no one has really given me a solid answer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Things jump in price quite a bit. The level 30 gear out at Scarwood Reach is 5k favor each.
    Does the favor acquired from warfronts also scale up as we level or do I want to save it up for later? I'm so used to Aion's "farm guards/gank noobs for 40 hours to get a single piece of armor" that I can't believe getting good pvp gear would be so easy as to play only 3-4 hours lol.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    There was talks of a cross shard auto dungeon finder from the higher ups and i sure do hope that it gets implemented soon.
    I feel I have to preface this by saying I love that Rift isn't WoW, and I'm loving how it feels more like EQ + fun + class flexibility. That said, if they want to hijack WoW's dungeon finder then I have no qualms with that at all... in fact I would support it wholeheartedly.

Shak-ka-kahn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Anyone know which cairns/puzzles cap at 30, 40, 50 ? Idk if they even cap at 40 or if its straight to 50 after the 30's. I'm almost 30 so i figure seeking out the cairns right away might be a good way to gear up/get some purps for selling.

Also, anyone know what happens with enq and gan? They hit me for 15k lol. Wonder if its another hidden thing.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wearl Ddj
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What cleric skills are good for grabing hate? preferably aoe but single target is ok

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast