Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 6 Hack     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Final Fantasy 6 Hack

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/707/

I just saw this, and thought it looked interesting. Wont get a chance to experiment this for a while, but thought that someone else might be interested in playing it.

The game is no longer basically over when you reach the WoR. While no story events have changed, you will need to use the varying areas of difficulty in the World of Ruin to level up and get good enough items until you can finally kill the last boss.

* New XP curve, HP curve, MP curve.
    * Everything has been changed to fit new damage curves, but the essence of many things are the same.
    * Heroes have new character stats, items stats, and spell stats such that damage, armor, and HP/MP increase in new ways. It will be very hard to reach max damage or HP or MP or armor, etc.
    * Every monster tweaked or changed. A vast majority of the monster AI has changed. Monsters are tough now, and should demand attention for victory. No more just holding down a button or casting your best spell. If a monster is human, it might have a little gold or items, but if not, the best you’ll get is dried meat.
    * The only items that have not changed are those that cure attributes. Even then, the prices have changed.
    * Everything is expensive, and money is hard to get.
    * Every character has been changed in terms of stats. Relm has X-magic instead of Sketch, and is very feeble. Setzer has Jump instead of Slot, has good defense, can use all armor types, and can use all weapons better than everyone (and DragoonBoots are no longer obtained early in the game, so jump is much rarer). All characters are competitive in terms of usability.
    * Nothing a player does will instantly kill a monster (except 1 Lore), unless it is petrify.
    * Spells Removed: Demi, Quartr, Float, Slow, Haste, Flare
    * Spells Added: Exalt, Image, Flood, Plague, Exsicc
    * All Tools have been tweaked, 2 were removed because they did nothing for the game and couldn’t be edited (Chainsaw and AirAnchor). Tools are almost completely magic based.
    * 3 Blitzes were changed and 2 are tweaked. BumRush is no longer super powerful because you learn it so early in the WoR. Sabin’s later moves are magic based, and he has 2 healing skills.
    * 2 SwdTechs have changed, 3 were tweaked. Half of Swdtech is magic, half is physical damage, and it is all offensive.
    * Much of the lores have been tweaked or changed. Almost every lore is unreflectable/unrunicable. Many have new graphics. There is still one lore spot being unused for now.
    * All of the dance spells have been altered, many of them changed completely, and a good portion of them have new graphics. All dance moves are unreflectable/unrunicable. Mog is very useful midgame, and has good enough stats to make him competitive endgame, but his Dances will not be useful then. There was no avoiding this because Mog’s dances are learned so early.
    * All of the rages have changed. You will be able to find a superior attack/spell in rages at each level of the game. However, at present there is a chunk of the rages mimic their monsters to the point of being a bit boring (no Quasar/Goner rages). For the most part, rages don’t have skills that come from Dance or Lore.
    * The Colosseum has also changed. Every item wins another item (No Chupon-Elixirs anymore). By betting an item, you will usually be able to win a better item. The top tier items will only be able to be won by betting another top tier item, but almost every item should be winnable.
    * These relics have been removed: Exp. Egg, sprint shoes, true knight, goggles, runningshoes, fake mustache, gale hairpin, mithril glove, moogle charm, charm bangle, so don’t go looking for them! Most relics have changed, of course.
    * Slow/Haste effects have been doubled for heroes (not monsters). Jump has been nerfed.
    * Also, the background music does not change when entering a fight, unless it is a boss.
    * If you need more info than you could possibly want for this version, I have the excel sheet used to create this game, as well as a supplementary documents for easier reading attached.

There is a specific way the WoR is meant to be played, see the Readme for more info.

Note: Is the game too freakin’ hard? Try the back row
    From some reviews it sounds like it might be way too grindy, but heck, it's somewhat of a new experience, and makes replaying the game a tad more interesting, I think.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Honestly, sounds like crap. If you want a challenge just do a LLG in the real game.
    Sounds less grindy than this, and that's sad considering how much time you spend on the veldt.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FF6: FFXI circa 2004 Edition.

The game was over long before you reached WoR. More precisely, it's over the second you get Gau.
    Easiest FF ever.
    This hack does indeed sound like crap. Increasing difficulty =/= making the game frustrating.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Really wish SE officially remade this game with 3d graphics and such instead of constantly shitting out ff4's every year.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

SE knows if they fully remake FF6 then eventually they would have to fully remake FF7 which would cause problems of some sort and cause the company to break from the inside and go back to Squaresoft and Enix.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Sounds good to me

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was kind of more interested in gameplay changes rather than difficulty changes, because they could bring new things into the table and make an old game kind of new. To each their own.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Meh, reading over the list of changes this sounds terrible, half the fun of 6 was in how broken/glitchy it was.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

* Also, the background music does not change when entering a fight, unless it is a boss.
    How about no. No glorious VI battle theme?

Yeah, this one takes the cake:

* All Tools have been tweaked, 2 were removed because they did nothing for the game and couldn’t be edited (Chainsaw and AirAnchor).
    Come again?

Setzer has Jump instead of Slot
    No. Just no!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Way to ruin my favorite FF.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

u mad?

I just thought it looked interesting, so I shared. All y'all are so mad over this. No one's forcing you to download and play it.

I will admit, it does actually look pretty bad, and I probably posted this a bit prematurely, it just looked cool when I stumbled upon it ;( ah well

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Don't get me wrong, I do think a good hack of FF6 would be nice. But like Apelila posted it just sounds like it will be an ungodly painful grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    u mad?

I just thought it looked interesting, so I shared. All y'all are so mad over this. No one's forcing you to download and play it.
    The only person that is posting with any sort of "u mad" emotions is you. You asked for an opinion and you got it. And now you're trying to safeface by umading everyone?

I don't understand what the objective of asking for feedback is if you're only going to reject it and then try to discredit them simply because you didn't like the feedback.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Whatever, obviously no one is interested in it, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Yeah, this one takes the cake:

* All Tools have been tweaked, 2 were removed because they did nothing for the game and couldn’t be edited (Chainsaw and AirAnchor)

Come again?
    I used the shit out of the chainsaw way back when. In all seriousness though, what the fuck was the Air Anchor supposed to accomplish anyway?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Really wish SE officially remade this game with 3d graphics and such instead of constantly shitting out ff4's every year.
    Don't ask for that, seriously. All we're gonna get are handheld remakes which are half-ass or completely modified. We all know SE doesn't have the capital to push out quality remakes on a console these days. They're still too busy recovering from the damage XIV shot down their spine last year.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post
    I used the shit out of the chainsaw way back when. In all seriousness though, what the fuck was the Air Anchor supposed to accomplish anyway?
    low-accuracy instant-death on enemies. It sucked.