Closed Thread
Page 57 of 352 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the best part is the company statement that they don't want to take any action until they get in touch with the people who got fired/quit over this and understand the whole story...now that they've already taken action by firing him.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Here's a shitty story for you...

from http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...y_returned.php

Enemas are decidedly something no one should buy secondhand, yet customers at a Jacksonville CVS might have done just that unknowingly. Employees at the store caught a man who repeatedly returned used boxes of enemas. The probe, no pun intended, is now being led by the federal Food and Drug Administration.

An employee of the CVS, 22-year-old Dustin McDonald, recognized the repeat customer and found it odd that he made a regular habit of returning enemas in the past few months. McDonald asked the unidentified man why he was returning the enemas. He replied they were for his mother, but she no longer needed them. The clerk accepted the return, but then checked the packaging. He discovered that the bottom of the packaging had been reglued and that all four enemas had been used. He then checked the rest of the store's stock and noticed that at least three other boxes had been reglued and contained empty and used enemas.

Though McDonald made the discovery June 5, the CVS store didn't contact police until June 12, when the man once again tried to return another pack of enemas. The clerk refused to accept the return, and loss prevention at other nearby CVS locations were notified. The man was spotted in the parking lot June 13, and eventually an arrest was made.

In a statement to the Smoking Gun, the CVS believes that as many as 12 boxes of six-pack enemas might have been used. Customers who might have bought the enemas after they were returned used are being contacted.

The suspect was arrested on an unrelated warrant but has not yet been charged for this particular crime. The FDA continues to investigate.
    /Fucking Florida

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Someone contact 4chan. get them to find this shithead.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Pets-found-o...161727505.html

SALEM -- A group of people in Marion County may be using Craigslist to find pets that they then use for target practice, police said.
    The group responds to "free domestic animals to good homes" postings according to Don Thomson of the Marion County Sheriff's Office. The pets--specifically cats--are then reportedly used for shooting practice.
    Thomson said numerous calls and emails had reported the crimes, but the sheriff's office had not yet determined whether the reports were factual.
    Many of the callers have reported that pictures of the crimes are being posted on social media sites.
    "Our Office aggressively investigates all reports of animal neglect or cruelty and we take these reports quite seriously," Thomson said.
    Anyone with information was asked to call the Marion County Sheriff's Office tip line at (503) 540-8079 or email Deputy Mark Ferron.
    The warning below was featured in several posts on the Salem Craiglist "pets" section:

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

My neighbor (and his son) got charged with a felony for shooting a cat with an arrow. Everyone in the neighborhood thought it was feral, turns out it wasn't. Damn near ruined his life, and the idiot owners still let their other cat roam around with no visible collar and no supervision. Thing probably eats fish from our pond. We've caught it twice in those "Have-a-heart" traps since the incident (For the record, trying to trap some weasels or raccoons or something, since some of the fish being taken are too big for the cat to catch, and something got into our chicken coop, which implies weasels). Took it to the police station, I think (Not sure) they paid a fine, but if they did it wasn't enough to get them to change anything. There's some news articles floating around the internet if anyone cares. Most of the ones I read jumped on the "OMG ANIMAL CRUELTY" side without actually asking around to see WHY the guy shot it. Everyone in the neighborhood thought they were feral; no visible collar, refuse to get near people, roaming the neighborhood at all hours.

I mean yeah, that's not how you handle stray cats, but that's also not how you handle owning cats in a city environment. Just a bad example of human intelligence for everyone involved.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Most of the ones I read jumped on the "OMG ANIMAL CRUELTY" side without actually asking around to see WHY the guy shot it. Everyone in the neighborhood thought they were feral; no visible collar, refuse to get near people, roaming the neighborhood at all hours.
    Is that what you normally do with feral cats? Shoot them?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I mean yeah, that's not how you handle stray cats, but that's also not how you handle owning cats in a city environment. Just a bad example of human intelligence for everyone involved.

Reading comprehension is important.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Then why should anyone care why he shot it? Fuck him.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's the same reason that everyone on the planet becomes a self appointed dog expert whenever they see a dog in a car. Even if the dog is fine, has water, and open windows since panting = in the throws of heat exhausted death.

The cat was a menace and it sounds like the "owners" didn't really give a shit about the thing until something happened to it. It's just as much the owners' responsibility to make sure that their cat is safe while outside and not disturbing the neighbors by doing things like attacking chickens.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ I dunno about that. I have 2 indoor/outdoor cats, one of which whom constantly loses his collar outside due to running through/sleeping in brush all the time. The difference being that he lives in the 'burbs on a spacious 1.78 acre property and the one in the aforementioned one lives in the city, where the only thing spacious is the sewer systems.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I assume you replace the collar when you notice it's lost though...

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I don't know about else where but where I live you are allowed to defend livestock from domestic animals if they get on your property. There are people who shoot cats for attacking chickens/ducks and for shooting dogs for attacking horses/cows/goats etc. It really depends on the situation.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

What does shooting feral animals after they damage your property have to do with going on Craigslist and seeking out animals to shoot?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Not a whole lot, but it made me think of it, and it fits the general theme of the thread. Unusual happenings.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

That was in response to BaneTheBrawlers anecdote which was separate from the CL add. The story about the Craigslist people is terrible. BTB's anecdote involved a cat that was going onto other peoples properties and causing havoc and possibly attacking koi fish. And then Ragnus mentioned cats attacking chickens.

MaachaQ

I once shot a big husky that was attacking my ducks; I had never fired the shotgun myself before so I ended up only hitting him in the foot. I later chased him down and called animal control. As far as I know the dog's owners, who lived a few hundred feet away on the other side of our woods, paid a fine to get him back and kept him tied up after that. Defending your own animals from attack by domestic animals running loose or from feral animals was completely legal.

We lived in a very rural area on 4+ acres of woods and had needed to trap many racoons, possums, weasels, rats, etc that had gotten into our animal pens/feed. At one point we could catch something in the live trap every night that we had it set up, my father didn't like releasing these animals on someone else's property so he would most times drown them in our pond then bury them in the woods. There were feral cats around, but they never attacked our animals as far as we knew and they never got trapped in our live trap. I guess maybe having our own indoor/outdoor cats around probably discouraged them.

Killing feral animals is completely different than seeking out people giving away pets and then killing those innocent animals. I have no sympathy for anyone who could harm an animal that has been raised as a pet. Pitbulls and other fighting dogs that are raised to be killers are a different matter, but even those animals deserve a painless, peaceful end if there is no way to retrain them.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    drown them
    Eeeeehhhh, I'd consider that pretty inhumane; why not just use a cheap-ass .22LR or something?

It's funny because dogs used for police/military purposes regularly have the shit beaten out of them because that's how they understand dominance.

MaachaQ

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/09/tsa...n-as-fcki.html
    Deaf man writes that TSA agent mocked him as “F*cking deafie,” then stole his candy, ate it

By Xeni Jardin at 6:49 pm Monday, Jul 9

teaandtheatre, who is deaf, writes about an upsetting incident of "ableist" or "audist" harassment he claims to have received from the TSA, while going through a screening at the Louisville, Kentucky airport.

He explains that he was returning home from the National Association for the Deaf's biennial conference, with friends who'd attended the same event for deaf rights advocacy. He writes on Tumblr that he wrote the post as a kind of heads-up for other deaf folks, but it has gone viral outside of that community. Snip:

While I was going through the TSA, some of them started laughing in my direction. I thought it might’ve been someone behind me, but I found out otherwise.

They went through my bag (for no reason), and found a couple bags of candy I brought. I was told I wasn’t allowed to fly with that (wtf? I’ve flown with food before — these were even sealed still because I brought them right in the airport). I was then asked if I would like to donate the candy “To the USO”. Since I know the airport there has an Air National Guard base, and I figured it would go to the soldiers, I (annoyed) said sure, why not?

The guards, as I was getting scanned, started eating the candy they just told me was for the soldiers. In front of me, still laughing at me (very clearly now). One of them asked why they were laughing, and one of them came up to me, pointed at my shirt, laughed at me and said, “Fucking deafie”. The Louisville TSA called me a “fucking deafie” and laughed at me because I was deaf, and they expected wouldn’t say anything back (or wouldn’t hear them). Make no bones about it — she was facing me and I read her lips. There was no mistake. I would later find out that they had called at least 4 other individuals the same thing.

Read the rest here. I have contacted the TSA to inquire about the reported incident. In subsequent posts, the author —who says he was not expecting the story be so widely read—adds,

Does it make me angry? Sure, I made that post didn’t I? But it’s like…..a 3 or 4 out of the 10 of some of the other stuff. It’s just a day in the life of being deaf.

In other words, it's not just the TSA.

tl;dh

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I just... don't understand. I could see making fun of someone for having goofy clothes, or a silly hairdo, but being deaf? I just don't get it.

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 352 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast