+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Odd lag issues with FFXI     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Odd lag issues with FFXI

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. Delete/move it if so. :X

About 9 months ago, I was nonstop 4boxing without a single issue. No lag at all. Now, I have issues triboxing (15FPS or lower everywhere). I haven't changed anything Hardware wise. Usually I'm fine to 2box (29.5 FPS just about everywhere), but the CPU usage that POL is taking is just a little hard to believe (15-20 CPU usage).

AMD Phenom 9600 quad core processor
    Nvidia geforce 9600 GSO Graphics card
    I've been messing with my resolution the past couple of days, running at 1360 by 768 right now.

The only thing I think I've changed is my in game graphics, which I just recently changed back to what it used to be at, and the issue is still the same.

I'm somewhat good with computers, but so far haven't been able to figure out what could be causing this, so any help is appreciated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

can try the newest nvidia drivers, they have some ffxi specific stuff in them for newer cards. Not sure if your 9600 would see a difference but it's something to try. really, it's probably just the crappy "windows creep" of slowness that you get by not being SUPER careful about what you install. check msconfig and see what you have starting up.

Would that actually cause FFXIs CPU usage to increase by that much? I asked around a bit, and other people are running at about 5% CPU usage. Just seems so odd.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

5% CPU with FFXI? poidh

Your CPU usage looks regular to me, the issues on the other hand... try cleaning registry, defragmenting, looks like a generic Windows-getting-shitty-overtime issue to me

http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...08ab000ab7.jpg

This is him 2boxing. I already tried defragmenting, and I cleaned out all temp files etc. Just doesn't make sense. :/

And this is me 2boxing. The only other programs I usually have up when 3boxing or more is Mumble and MSN.

http://i56.tinypic.com/16iffc5.jpg

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Use Windower GUI, change your secondary profile (curebot/mule), or both profiles, to the lowest possible settings.

Also have you changed your Draw Distance (//draw distance set {0-20}) lately or ever?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm calling power supply. Before I had a UPS I would instantly notice how laggy ffxi was then my PSU was just about to go out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks for the SS, didn't know that was possible though XI is in the background... never seen it take less than a core on my builds.

My Drawdistance has been set to 1 lately. And yeah, I changed my settings in GUI. They aren't really the lowest, but I can't stand to play on a nintendo, so they're about average. I suppose it could be the power supply. Honestly seems to be the only thing that makes sense. Like I said, 9 months ago I was 4boxing without a single issue, and since then I haven't downloaded a single thing that would affect it, or change anything as far as hardware goes.