FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Daredevil (Reboot)

David Slade has been tapped to put Daredevil back on the bigscreen for 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment.

Fox introduced the Marvel Comics superhero at megaplexes in 2003, in an actioner that starred Ben Affleck as the blind lawyer-turned-vigilante who wears a red suit and wields a billyclub. Reviews were mixed at best.

Though the film wound up spinning off "Elektra" with Jennifer Garner, studio had hoped "Daredevil" would earn more than its $103 million domestic take and launch a series of sequels. Fox has been looking to redevelop the character since, but people close to the project say it's not a reboot per se -- more a continuation of the "Daredevil" saga. Studio has yet to hire a scribe, but writer would work closely with Slade.

Fox retained "Daredevil" rights by keeping the project in development over the years; had it not, rights would've reverted to Marvel Studios, which Disney acquired for $4 billion in 2009. Same goes for "Fantastic Four," for which Fox is eyeing new installments.

Though Daredevil doesn't rank as one of Marvel's most popular properties, character does have a following.

Created by Stan Lee and artist Bill Everett in 1964, Matt Murdock is a New York City lawyer who, after being blinded by radioactive material, finds his other senses heightened to superhuman levels and becomes Daredevil -- the "man without fear."

Slade has been considering several comicbook properties, including Fox's "Wolverine," but that gig wound up going to Darren Aronofsky ("Black Swan").

Slade most recently directed "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," which earned $698 million at the worldwide box office. His credits also include Sony's "30 Days of Night" and Lionsgate's "Hard Candy."

Slade is attached to Phoenix Pictures' horror pic "The Last Voyage of the Demeter."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033944

Actor rumors (Garrett Hedlund & Bradley Cooper, Robert Pattinson was but has since denied);

Spoiler: show
    Looks like the ‘Daredevil’ reboot is going full steam ahead – David Slade has been hired to direct. Probably best known for ’30 Days of Night’ and ‘Twilight: Eclipse’ (he must really like vampires, no?) the British-born helmer is turning his hand to superheroes. As he’s now got one bona fide mega-hit on his hands he presumably has his pick of projects so it’s interesting that he’s gone for this one. After all, the general consensus was that the first attempt at a Daredevil feature film wasn’t very good – awful, if you ask me. But maybe that’s as good a reason as any for a reboot…

We do know that Ben Affleck will not be in it – nor will any footage from the original 2003 film. Good start.

Nor is that the only ‘Daredevil’ news doing the rounds this week! Rumour has it that Garrett Hedlund – last seen prancing about with Olivia Wilde in ‘Tron: Legacy’ – is interested in donning the red Lycra. He turned down Captain America because he didn’t want the 9-picture deal, but maybe he thinks Daredevil is the right super for him. But is he the right actor for the part?
    http://www.lostinthemultiplex.com/20...rrett-hedlund/

BRADLEY Cooper is being lined up for a Daredevil role.

The Hollywood hunk is the hot favorite to play blind Marvel comics crime fighter Daredevil in a movie franchise reboot.

“This will be very different to Ben Affleck and his go at Daredevil on film,” says a movie insider.

“Daredevil is an exciting character and a unique challenge for an actor. Bradley is top of the list of actors to take the lead role and it sounds like he’s interested.”

Cooper — who’s currently dating Renee Zellweger — recently admitted women never try to chat him up.

“I’m usually trying to catch their attention,” he said. “Oh Jesus, anything.”
    http://www.showbizspy.com/article/22...ey-cooper.html

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

I didn't even think the original Daredevil was bad, but nowadays people need to reboot everything.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh CMON, Daredevil needs a reboot?

/facepalm

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Daredevil was decent enough in my opinion. Michael Clarke Duncan was fucking BOSS as The Kingpin.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Daredevil director's cut took the movie from subpar to good. The extra half hour to 40 minutes of footage made it a much stronger film. I'm not a fan of Affleck or Garner, but I didn't hate them like everyone else. The suit was pretty good too. (For Daredevil) and yeah MCD was great as Kingpin.

I really hope this doesn't happen though, and Marvel gets the rights to it back. Marvel Studios films >>> Fox. Just imagine if they got X-Men back. Would be pretty sick. The only reason Fox is doing this is because if they don't, they lose the rights and that's it.

I could see Garrett Hedlund or Bradley Cooper as Matt Murdock, both choices work.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't really give the original film a chance but will have to check it out again properly sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I didn't even think the original Daredevil was bad, but nowadays people need to reboot everything.
    Yeah I think it was mentioned in another Marvel film thread (maybe the Spider-Man one, can't remember) that the studio had to keep churning out films in order to retain the contract rights or something? Perhaps wrong though, trying to find that specific tidbit of info.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Michael Clarke Duncan was fucking BOSS as The Kingpin.
    Seriously this, he was brilliant. I would hope they'd recast him for this movie but very doubtful.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FallingHigher View Post
    I didn't really give the original film a chance but will have to check it out again properly sometime.

Yeah I think it was mentioned in another Marvel film thread (maybe the Spider-Man one, can't remember) that the studio had to keep churning out films in order to retain the contract rights or something? Perhaps wrong though, trying to find that specific tidbit of info.
    Not directly related, but the early 90's Fantastic Four movie is an example of this. I think it came up in the Atlas Shrugged: The Movie thread.

I thought the original DD movie was pretty bad. So I can't say I'm against a reboot and seeing if they can breathe some life into it.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Twilight director...?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    Seriously this, he was brilliant. I would hope they'd recast him for this movie but very doubtful.
    I know he stated in an interview that he would love to play Kingpin again but since he was finally under 300lbs he did not want to put the weight back on for the movie... he said something about Kingpin going to prison and buffing up >.> Hell, Kingpin in the comics... guy was big as hell, but it was almost pure muscle (95% muscle or something along that line)

Edit: And of course, it being fox, they would probably give it to a shitty actor anyway instead of asking him -_- I don't know of any big White guy in the film industry that could pull off the Kingpin as much as Duncan did

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

inb4 they cast jonah hill

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You know what would be great? A movie series about the 90s show "Reboot".

Then eventually we could get a Reboot reboot.

Thanks for reading this subpar post.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

David Slade's been a bit busy tweeting about a few Marvel films. Here's what he's had to say so far:

"Forgot to look at the internet for a few weeks and its a litany of false (and not so far off) rumours."
    Wolverine: "Interesting to see what will happen with that as the again excellent script by Chris McQuarrie was set largley in Japan." & "WOLVERINE, there have been no discussions about this project to date."
    Deadpool: "Love DEADPOOL, was never engaged in the (quite fantastic) script, last I heard studio was looking at comedy directors. None of my business."
    Daredevil: "It will bare no relation to the previous Daredevil movie in any way. We are at early planning stages and have not yet discussed any cast." & "So without breaking confidentiality, yes Daredevil, we have a great outline for a very strong character driven take on Mr Matt Murdock."
    False and "No so far off rumors". I'd bet the Bradley Cooper one is true as far as him being high on the studios list.

@DAVID_A_SLADE
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/marvel...50128676300003

Cant believe how many ppl liked the Daredevil movie, one of the worst cinematic pieces of shit in history and completely fucked one of my favorite characters. Dear Lord Ben Affleck looked like bloated hot dog and has acting skills of a hot dog also.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did I fall in a time warp? Didn't this shit already get rebooted like a few years ago?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Cant believe how many ppl liked the Daredevil movie, one of the worst cinematic pieces of shit in history and completely fucked one of my favorite characters. Dear Lord Ben Affleck looked like bloated hot dog and has acting skills of a hot dog also.
    I said it was decent, and only this because of Duncan as Kingpin. I do agree, Ben Affleck was shitty as hell as Murdock.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

People in this third are the first people I know that seem to have liked this piece of crap. I don't think a reboot is needed but it can only be better...

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Should have Ryan Reynolds star in it. After all, he is in everything else.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The word "reboot" is overused. I don't know why this franchise needs to be remade, as it wasn't horrible. One of the better Marvel adaptations as it carried a decent storyline & sfx. I wish Marvel would focus on Deadpool then Daredevil.