Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 174
  1. #61
    Masamune
    Guest

    o wow k i didnot understood the practical way like this... 100% understood now, indeed very nice method. Thanks again for explanations

    Are we 100% sure about the atmas' critrate% values ?

  2. #62
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,594
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Someone test Hallowed Water's effect on removing Curse!

  3. #63
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,793
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What like success rate?

  4. #64
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,252
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    That's essentially what he means. We also need a base rate for cursna and holy water, but while those experiments are doable, it's difficult to do without actively paying attention (or having a number of bodies available). The easiest method is probably one involving AE and parses (Logs if you cannot parse this stuff).

  5. #65
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,982
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Whether the Addle+ stat on various things lowers MACC or not needs to be tested. Atma of the Foe Flayer and Romanus Cape are the only two that I know of.

  6. #66
    Fishing Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,698
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    That's essentially what he means. We also need a base rate for cursna and holy water, but while those experiments are doable, it's difficult to do without actively paying attention (or having a number of bodies available). The easiest method is probably one involving AE and parses (Logs if you cannot parse this stuff).
    Sticking my nose where it doesn't really belong, but here goes anyways. Would you have to repeat the same test on multiple mob types? I'm thinking of paralyze, some mob moves have a very potent paralyze, while others have a very weak paralyze. Is it possible that there are varying levels of doom and some are harder to "remove the effect"? Also I thought I've heard people theorize in the past that the success of the cursna cast is influenced by the healing magic skill of the caster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Whether the Addle+ stat on various things lowers MACC or not needs to be tested. Atma of the Foe Flayer and Romanus Cape are the only two that I know of.
    This would be awesome if it were tested.

  7. #67
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19,793
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Sticking my nose where it doesn't really belong, but here goes anyways. Would you have to repeat the same test on multiple mob types? I'm thinking of paralyze, some mob moves have a very potent paralyze, while others have a very weak paralyze. Is it possible that there are varying levels of doom and some are harder to "remove the effect"? Also I thought I've heard people theorize in the past that the success of the cursna cast is influenced by the healing magic skill of the caster.
    Probably eventually but for this purpose I think we are just trying to establish a comparative success rate thereby maybe see if it's even worth the much higher cost of hallowed water.

    And yeah I've always heard that 2. Antedotal but I always had a much better chance as a rdm/sch than rdm/whm in removal

  8. #68
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,252
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    1. SE confirmed that Healing Magic skill does not affect Cursna rate in a JP post I translated a while back.
    2. We'll probably be best off establishing the effect on very simple mobs (Vunkerl Tauri) and then compare against NMs. NMs will be very difficult to make large samples against though.

  9. #69
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,252
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    AE: Gain buff > Cast Aeroja
    SC:
    varHolyWaterCounter 0

    if spell="Aeroja" Buffactive="PurpleDude"
    var cmd="inc HolyWaterCounter" /
    command>input /item "Holy Water" <me>/command
    command>wait 2;Firaja/command
    addtochat>Counter at: $HolyWaterCounter/addtochat
    /if

    if spell="Firaja"
    if buffactive="PurpleDude"
    commandAeroja/command
    /if
    else
    var cmd="set HolyWaterCounter 0" /
    return /
    /else
    /if

    Idk why but stuff got blanked out when I used < and >

  10. #70
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,174
    BG Level
    8

    Apparently,

    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19768/egoists-tathlum

    has a hidden killer effect against the player for beasts?

  11. #71
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    994
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    EDIT: If it does it probably gives lizard affinity similar to Koggelmander. Assuming it's only beasts.

  12. #72
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Have been intimidated while wearing this by both dhalmels in abyssea and ramparts in salvage. Rate seems to be low from what i can tell. Guessing this gives all mob types a 1-2% killer effect you on.
    Was the post on AH, so not just beasts.

  13. #73
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Ramparts are BST types so they have multiple killer effects.

  14. #74
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Oh, that's interesting. Nice to know.

  15. #75
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,847
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Must give Lizard affinity. Means that you can probably intimidate vermin. Last time I tried to check on BST (with Amorph Affinity from Veisa Collar), I couldn't get any damage bonus against the appropriate type. That means it's somehow separate from all the Killer effect testing that I did a while back.

  16. #76
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    NeoForte posted a link to that Lv95 Mythic Harp's BRD... and I saw a few interesting things that I think are worth testing at some point:

    ~800 combined kill /w +3 Instrument = ~25% chance to annul damage from Carol II. (Testing was done on the Cuelebre.)
    That testing method makes for a good way to test other types of magic stuffs too.

    She also posted that Scherzo base caps at 45% and +potency goes over the cap (+1 Feet, +3 Horn) = 49% total. This is in contradiction to the post recently made in the Random Fact Threads, but seems to make more sense since March for example has +Potency going over the base skill cap. (I'm only at 793 so I can't test this atm -_-)

    EDIT: Forgot some skill+ gear, I was able to get 805 total and confirm at least 49%.


  17. #77
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,847
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Another easy way to test Carol II is probably to melee hecteyes in Abyssea - Tahrongi. They always have blaze spikes up, so just put up fire carol II and whack away. That's how I did annul/aborb magic Atma tests.

  18. #78
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Another easy way to test Carol II is probably to melee hecteyes in Abyssea - Tahrongi. They always have blaze spikes up, so just put up fire carol II and whack away. That's how I did annul/aborb magic Atma tests.
    Yea I guess that would be a lot easier/faster. I think when I cap off sing/wind for my BRD I'll try running some tests and see if I can get any nice data. Also interesting to note... Marcato + Carol II doesn't increase duration or the Fire Resistance. Seems likely it wwill increase the annul by 50%. Might be able to get ~40% chance to annul /w Carol, that'd be pretti cool.

  19. #79
    Masamune
    Guest

    question: scherzo reduces any TYPE of dmg ?
    asking because i think Cuelebre's dmg are breath type, while blaze spikes are magic type.

  20. #80
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    question: scherzo reduces any TYPE of dmg ?
    asking because i think Cuelebre's dmg are breath type, while blaze spikes are magic type.
    Scherzo works on magic for sure, I don't know about breath attacks. (It would work on Cuelebre's attacks (which are magic, not breath), but none of them come close to 75% of HP.) Those two attacks were mentioned for Carol II annulment though, not scherzo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag